Gotta love women... Dump tons of $ in 2-dr, wife decides we need a 4-dr - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Angry Gotta love women... Dump tons of $ in 2-dr, wife decides we need a 4-dr

Well, just venting a bit here but I have done a ton to my two door but my wife never wants us to take it anywhere because is harder for the kids to get in and out of it.

So I either get to drive it alone, or not as much. Which works out as not as much since where I wheel is at the lake by me and we never get to drive the jeep there anymore.

And while I would be fine with a 4-dr, I would take a big bath on it to trade it in. And the would be starting over again too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Rock God

Remove parts, start over...

Welcome to the joys of Jeep ownership. You build it to what you like and then you start over again...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #3 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Fuck it, its only money. Plus you have the wifey's blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Rock God

Keep your 2 dr and get her a 4 dr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Rock God

The sole reason why I've only purchased 4 doors. If I wanted a 2 door, I'd be happy with a modified TJ.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #6 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post

Exactly what we did too, but in my case I get the 4dr and she has the 2dr....both are capable wheelers too!

post #7 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 09:44 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Been there and done that back in 2009 when our third son was born....lucky enough put a 3rd row seat in the 4 door ("Addiction") so it will come in happy when baby #4 is born in March!

Second JK (first one was totaled 10 days after I bought it by a lady who ran a red light)

Third JK:

U.S. Army
post #8 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:

This. Then you're both happy
post #9 of 13 Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:

LOL, I wish. She wants a BMW.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Granite Guru

You should really lead with, this is the price I'd expect to get on trade, this is the price I expect to recover from things I can't transfer to a 4 door and this is the price to buy new parts to make the new jeep as capable as I've made the old.

Once all the moneys on the table then it's a financial decision. Starting over won't sting much if all the expenses are pre-approved by the wife.
post #11 of 13 Old 10-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Rock God

You won't like the 4 door on the trail. Not that sharp for turning radius, always get hung on cross member due to the long wheelbase. I went to 6" of lift and am now happy off-roading it with the clearance I have. Before this I heard over they radio "the red rubicon is high centred again!" It just works better for me and the rocks around here.

I wanted a 2 door and I was going to get her a new car while I wanted to build an LJ. She said no and wanted me to get the jku. Well now she wishes she had something new and at times hates my jeep and at times loves driving it around town. So now it's getting older she will likely get a new charger. Then she will be happy again.... For a short while any way.... Lol

Either way I would keep your 2 door.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

Last edited by JeepUpKeep37s; 10-29-2013 at 09:58 PM.
post #12 of 13 Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
JKO Addict!

You lost me at 'wife decides'. But then, I don't play by the same rules as most guys.

Seriously, i you love wheeling keep the 2-dr and find an alternative. I have had and wheeled both, and frankly while wheeling the 4 door is better than not wheeling at all, it sucks compared to wheeling the 2-dr. The guys that started with 4 doors are good to go because they don't know any different. But once you go 2-dr, you never go back....or the expression goes something like that.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #13 of 13 Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGER View Post
You lost me at 'wife decides'. But then, I don't play by the same rules as most guys.
^^This.

The decision to get rid of my 2 Door JK was mine since it just sat. I regret it everyday. Even after our daughter was born, we mostly drove the JK. We dealt with the infant seat, cargo short comings etc...Find a way man.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode