Buying Jeep #5 for the family!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-11-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Buying Jeep #5 for the family!!!

1. Have a Red '97 TJ
2. Bought my brother a new Jeep Commander.
3. Still have brother's old Grand Cherokee.
4. My White Rubicon Unlimited.

5. Now Dad wants a Rubicon Unlimited.

Looking for a new Rubicon Unlimited, white, auto and with hard top. How original!! Exactly like mine except auto rather than 6 speed.

Made a call to his local dealer in Vermont who is doing a search. He has a white Rubicon Unlimited on the lot but it is 6 speed and he really wants auto so my mom can drive it without l3itching.

If the dealer can't locate what we want then I may have to order a 2010 and wait 8-10 weeks (not as long as I would have thought).

After I get my hands on it, will do a budget boost, 35's on the stock wheels and a front stubby with winch. Nothing crazy for the old folks but enough for me to wheel when I pay them a visit!!

If any of you NE guys have an auto Rubicon Unlimited at your dealer let me know!! Doesn't have to be white, I could convince him on a different color than mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Rock God

Holy Jeep! I wish I had a family of Jeeps.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #3 of 11 Old 08-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Granite Guru

I try, but the truck gods work against me.

besides my JK X and the wife's JK Unlimited Sahara, my mother-in-law drives a 2009 Grand Cherokee.

The effort is in getting my father-in-law to pick up a project, likely CJ vintage. We checked out a 53 (and I'd love to fix up a flattie), but we'd have been investing in the frame, essentially. Engine ran, but an old Kaiser wouldn't make it streetable. Might take a peek at a 74 CJ5.

it's hard to keep the guy away from trucks though. He's got 7 in his possesion (all dodge, from '47 to '09) and has yet to understand the need for a Farm Jeep.....

2008 Wrangler X
--Jeep Green w/soft-top

2013 Unlimited Sport
--Gecko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

It may be too far for you but I just checked Cherry Hill Jeep, in NJ, and they are the only dealer around here showing a 2009 Rubi auto in sunburst! If that helps?

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Update.

No luck finding an '09.

Placed the order yesterday for a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited in Silver/gray interior. No MyGig, no seat airbags this time. Ordered automatic, hardtop and remote start. Dealer said it should be 6-8 weeks.

Why does Jeep website still advertise 2009 models when 2010's are out?????
post #6 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Wheeler

There is a Jeep dealership in Alabama that has an 09 Ulimited, its red rock with a hard top, but no power widows or door locks and steel wheels.

09 Unlimited Red Rock
No Adds just 32 in tires
post #7 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

you crazy man..... you crazy.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #8 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

thts awesome man, just awesome

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #9 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

I thought when they said "Just Empty Every Pocket" I thought it meant for Mods not for more Jeeps!

The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux
post #10 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
Why does Jeep website still advertise 2009 models when 2010's are out?????
I was wondering this today myself. They probably fired the web design consultants when Fiat took over.

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #11 of 11 Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats on dad's order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
...........Why does Jeep website still advertise 2009 models when 2010's are out?????
That is weird. Looks like they would update as soon as possible but seems it's always been that way. When we ordered our Jeep in April of '07 it took so long to build that it missed the production schedule and had to be reordered as an '08 (arrived at the dealer Aug 8, 2007).

Anyway I kept looking at the Jeep website during and after that time. The "build your own" still showed '07 well into the 2008 model year

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode