PRO ROCK 44 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

PRO ROCK 44

well guys i trashed my ring and pinion on my OX locked Dana 30 at crab tree falls VA on sunday. Instead of fixing it and chancing it to break again i bit the bullet and ordered a dynatrac pro rock 44. Arb locker, rvc axles, 4.88s and synergy ball joints. My question is i understand ill have to get a arb compressor for the locker, but how exactly does that work? Is there a switch that you have just for the compressor and then a seperate switch for the locker? Once locked do you have to keep the compressor on? Any input would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Jeepineer

Garage

The compressor feeds about 100psi constant to the locker. It's what keeps it locked. When pressure is removed, the locker unlocks.

Your PR should come with a rocker switch, air tubing, and solenoid for the locker. The compressor itself will come with the compressor switch and wiring harness. The ARB compressor harness works by staging the swtiches. The compressor switch activates the compresser (which has an auto cutoff), and "turns on" the primary switch. If you only have a front locker, the front switch is primary. If you have front and rear ARB, rear is primary. Flip the primary swith and it turns on the secondary....

If you don't want to deal with the shit ton of wiring and potential electrical failures, you can use mechanical valves off the small tank on the compressor.

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.

Last edited by JKred07; 10-23-2013 at 12:19 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok i think i understand what your saying, and i will only be running ARB in the front. So your saying that would be just 1 rocker switch then? for turning the compressor on and off, which locks and unlocks the locker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Rock God

2 rocker switches. One to turn on the compressor and 1 to activate the locker.

You flip the switch for the compressor and it will pressurize the tank. You then flip the locker switch to activate the locker.

The smallest arb compressor takes only a few seconds to fill

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 09:04 PM

be very glad you went arb locker. i made the mistake of getting the stock jk electric locker, its junk never works, i have it fixed take it out enguage it and nothing, called dyna trac and they dont have an answer for me, call the shop i take my jeep and they have no clue.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wrangler26 View Post
be very glad you went arb locker. i made the mistake of getting the stock jk electric locker, its junk never works, i have it fixed take it out enguage it and nothing, called dyna trac and they dont have an answer for me, call the shop i take my jeep and they have no clue.
Eaton will be making a direct replacement for the OEM locker very soon! Hang tight!

RK
post #7 of 10 Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

awesome thanks guys, works out i still have two available spots for rocker switches
post #8 of 10 Old 10-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Jeepineer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Eaton will be making a direct replacement for the OEM locker very soon! Hang tight!

RK
Are they going to put 4 pinion and cross pins in it like the rest of the quality D44 selectables out there or are they still leaving it 2 pinon? At least I think it was their elocker.....

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-25-2013, 06:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post

RK
Ox makes one as well.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKred07 View Post
Are they going to put 4 pinion and cross pins in it like the rest of the quality D44 selectables out there or are they still leaving it 2 pinon? At least I think it was their elocker.....
I would check with Eaton on that. We are not sure if they changed it or are in the process of changing it, but the 4 pinion and cross pin design should be a reality.

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode