OMG NOOOOO! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Jayce113
OMG NOOOOO!

Ok just wanted to start a thread about the worst thing you have ever done to your JK and either wanted to cry or had to fight to urge to go OMG NOOOOOO!!! Pass on your oopsies to others so they don't make the same mistakes! ENJOY!

2007 RESCUE GREEN JEEP SAHARA
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

first time wheeling, up a ~50 degree incline and busted my SS

wil never forget that

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #3 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Rock God

Looked a the payment book realizing I was 10 payments from owning that POS Xterra I traded in.

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Granite Guru

a couple

lost my wheel lock key cause I forgot to replace the drain plug in the jack compartment.

fried my evap can because I couldn't torque the muffler clamps from my relo kit by hand. I movedthe evap can and tightened that sucker with an impact wrench.

2008 Silver "Sara" Unltd
Aboveumall.com Muffler Relocation
Woods Evap Relo
Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
Rough Country quick discos
Rough Country double steering stablizer
wussy interior mods galore
2 Sunshine Kids carseats that exactly match the stock fabric
post #5 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Slow and Low

When drilling through the subframe to mount the passenger-side front tube fender, I nicked a wire in the loom behind it and shorted that wire against the body with the drill bit. Completely fried the computer and fuse block.
It was even more dramatic because I was drilling with an air drill powered by my belt-driven on-board air system. So the engine died while drilling. Oops!!
I spliced the wire back together, but it would not start. Had to be towed to the dealership for a new computer and fuse block.
REMEMBER THIS IF YOU INSTALL RR TUBE FENDERS. MOVE THAT WIRE LOOM OUT OF THE WAY!!
post #6 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just this past weekend I replaced my passenger seatbelt assembly. then, driving to the store noticed that the dash said my gate was open and my airbag light was on. scratched my head, and took a closer look when i got home. note to self: when reinstalling lower mounting bolt, make sure you don't pinch any wires in there.

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #7 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned

I thought I'd spray duplicolor on my xenons before primering them if I scuffed them up really good w/ sandpaper. Yeah. Bad idea. Now I gotta sand off what's left of the duplicolor that's falling off, primer it, then reapply the duplicolor.

Live n learn.

post #8 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 02:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
I thought I'd spray duplicolor on my xenons before primering them if I scuffed them up really good w/ sandpaper. Yeah. Bad idea. Now I gotta sand off what's left of the duplicolor that's falling off, primer it, then reapply the duplicolor.

Live n learn.
hey Karn post a pic of them when duplicolor was new if you got thanks

oh and well I think most have seen what I have done
post #9 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

Dont have a pic. But they looked awesome when it was new. I will post up a pic when I sand, primer, reapply them. It really looked very nice.

post #10 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 PM
JKO Addict!

installing the Rough Country lift myself. Got a late start the first day- I knew I couldn't complete it before dark, and should've just waited til the following morning. But I thought "what the hell, knock out the front today, finish the back tomorrow morning".

Did the front no problem. Test drove it, all was good. Next morning went out to start on the back, and couldn't find the key to the wheel locks. Crap!!! I left it sitting on the bumper when I went for the test drive Had to call Gorilla locks and have a new key Fedex'd to me for the next day. So I was stuck driving my Jeep with only a front lift for a day
post #11 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

lol you shoulda got pics. Rednecks call that "bulldogginit"

post #12 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
JKO Addict!

um cant think of anything .

|
|

Last edited by bodyguy; 10-02-2009 at 08:06 PM.
post #13 of 62 Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Live n learn.
Huh. I didn't use primer and my duplicolor is holding up just fine on my Xenons. I did go over them with an electric sander and 120 grit before spraying.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #14 of 62 Old 08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
When drilling through the subframe to mount the passenger-side front tube fender, I nicked a wire in the loom behind it and shorted that wire against the body with the drill bit. Completely fried the computer and fuse block.
It was even more dramatic because I was drilling with an air drill powered by my belt-driven on-board air system. So the engine died while drilling. Oops!!
I spliced the wire back together, but it would not start. Had to be towed to the dealership for a new computer and fuse block.
REMEMBER THIS IF YOU INSTALL RR TUBE FENDERS. MOVE THAT WIRE LOOM OUT OF THE WAY!!
How did you do that??? i do not remember having to move any wires except for the side marker light wires.
post #15 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
JKowners Vendor

I put on a budget boost and 33" tires that was a mistake, 6 months later taking it all off an put on a 3.5" RE lift and 35" tires, now i am trying to figure out why I didn't get a Rubi so i can comfortably run 37's.

Oh well i am having fun!

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #16 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by md_rubi View Post
How did you do that??? i do not remember having to move any wires except for the side marker light wires.
Oh its there. Been there done that.

Even worse is parking the jeep w/steel bumper against steel garage door. Add a little lightning to the house and you fry everything.Been there and done that aswell.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #17 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Granite Guru

Not making sure the limit strap for the drivers door was on right. Nice ding from the side mirror. I also forgot to screw down the door surrounds and the passenger side flew off the next time the doors were off. I couldn't put the side windows in during a week of downpouring rain, so now no carpet. My wife slammed the tailgate without getting the rear window bar out of the way. Major tailgate damage. Not putting better wheel locks on the spare, someone got a free rim and tire. I won't complain about offroad damage because its a risk you take but these teed me off. For a 2 year old Jeep it sure is starting to look a little rough.
post #18 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
Huh. I didn't use primer and my duplicolor is holding up just fine on my Xenons. I did go over them with an electric sander and 120 grit before spraying.
maybe the electric sander was the difference? I dunno.

post #19 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

So far the worst is closing the soft top and not realizing the header didn't seal right( caught on lower bumps) and filled the floor with rain.

oh yeah i took the rear carpet out the first time wasn't careful and ripped it down the middle almost in half. at least it's under the rubber slush mat.

I guess i'm pretty nice to my rig!

got Jeep got stuff, never enough of the right stuff tho

Am I in deep enough yet?
post #20 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
JKO Addict!

When making my first winch mount I was "just going to tack this in place" so I did not whip out the welding blankets.
Weld spatter sticks nice to your headlights.
post #21 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Umm, putting JKF decales on my ride only to get banned 3 weeks later!!!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #22 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper41 View Post
Umm, putting JKF decals on my ride.
There, fixed it for ya.

I wish my grass was EMO, then it would cut itself.
post #23 of 62 Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Granite Guru

Just bought an 09 X, saved money for my build to do it the way i want it done. Needed a lift, wheels n tires badly. I bought a TF LA and had to replace the driveshafts. I deicided not to cheap out on this thing do things right the first time for a change. My next step is replacing fr &rr end with dana 60's. I just found out that driveshafts wont work with D60's (Doh!!)

09 4Dr Currie Rock Jocks D60, 538's, ARB's, Teraflex Long Arm 4", MBRP, SC Flashpaq, K&N Intake w/throttle body,
post #24 of 62 Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockindoc View Post
There, fixed it for ya.

Ahhhh yesssss, thank you my friend. See this IS a great site where we all look out for eachother!! How could I have made that mistake? LOL!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #25 of 62 Old 08-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Rock God

Quote:

Live n learn.
I used Krylon Fusion on my '03 Ram's flares. No sanding or priming necessary. Doesn't flake off either.

'07 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode