Dealer sticker and jeep site prices don't match...WTF? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Dealer sticker and jeep site prices don't match...WTF?

So I'm looking at a '14 at the local dealer I am interested in. Base price 26,195. One of the three options is called the Max tow package. $745 on the sticker, consists of 3.73 gears, tow hitch, and wiring harness. The regular tow package is $295 and is only the tow hitch and harness. This just arrived at the dealer.

So I build it on the Jeep site. Base price 25,995. Max tow package $395. My understanding is that these stickers are printed at Chrysler corporate, not the dealer.

Almost $600 difference, more than half of that just in the max tow pkg difference. WTF??

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Anything the dealer wants to charge extra they can. Especially for dealer-installed options. They'll attempt to rape you on install fees.

Being a car dealer in today's world if volume has got to suck. My assumption is that all the real money is made in used cars.

Info:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I understand the dealer installed bits, but isn't the base vehicle and factory installed options prices set by corporate, and not the dealer?

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Wheeler

Might be totally off from what your asking but I have been to a couple local dealers that add a charge called market adjustment. I've seen it as much as $2,000 above MSRP. I've made it a habit to shop out of town for vehicles.

Last edited by Tedro; 10-22-2013 at 06:26 PM.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Rock God

Im at a dealer right now looking at buying a ram, and peaked in a 14 jku,and asked him how a bare bones JKU runs 35k he said they have a huge markup on then, over 5k in just markups for no reason

Edit: only reason I'm even here is they are doing a loss lease on a 13' ram 1500 , 22k brand new crew cab. Can't beat it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793

Last edited by Rubiconquered; 10-22-2013 at 03:28 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

This is because there are manufacture price increases every quarter this is nothing new. The new batch of 2014 Rubicon's went up $200 in base price and the 4.10's are now $495 among other options. The online price Configurator is likely not up to date.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #7 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
This is because there are manufacture price increases every quarter this is nothing new. The new batch of 2014 Rubicon's went up $200 in base price and the 4.10's are now $495 among other options. The online price Configurator is likely not up to date.

Jason
OK, that makes sense. I hope Chrysler corporate understands what kind of confusion and consternation they cause by not keeping their online configurator up to date. They aren't going to win any consumer trust with their dealers that way. Keeping things updated seems like smart business 101 to me.

Well, at least I understand the dealer pricing now.

-Milton Friedman
post #8 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 07:29 AM

Look at

Look at Costco's site found it to be accurate. Bought my JK thru them at verified dealer invoice - no hassle, work with fleet persons
post #9 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Anything the dealer wants to charge extra they can. Especially for dealer-installed options. They'll attempt to rape you on install fees.

Being a car dealer in today's world if volume has got to suck. My assumption is that all the real money is made in used cars.
And in service work.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #10 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Rock God

I have a friend who is in the car dealer business. He specializes in the used cars because he says that is where the real profit is made.

On another note, he said that a trailer hitch from the corporation may cost $xxx but the dealer can easily undercut that price usually.

Sounds like that tow package is just pure profit for the dealer.

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.

Last edited by Acey; 10-24-2013 at 05:31 AM.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post

Jason

This, most items went up in price. I ordered Aug 12th took Delivery October 9th and my dealer had to have me sign a page to apply for price protection. As my Jeep would have been about $1500 more than when I ordered it.

This thread on wrangler forum is very informative, with all current releases and price increases, invoice vs MSRP etc
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ad-246873.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode