Which side steps - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-08-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Which side steps

I need to get some sort of steps for my wife and daughter, I am looking at the Mopar tube steps or the Sahara side steps. Before you say don't get either because they will break on rocks or trees just let me say that I don't offroad and there are no rocks or trees at JCPenny's. I would appreciate pics and personal opinions. Thanks

13 2dr bright white Ruby
Poison Spyder hood louver
Rugged Ridge hood latches
A crap load more to buy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Go with the Sahara steps. Will also somewhat act as mud flaps for the front. You can usually pick up a set fairly cheap in the for sale section.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Granite Guru

I've had the Rugged Ridge 4" oval steps on mine and have loved them. Nice wide step... I'm getting custom rock sliders, so these are for sale...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

IMHO I like the look of the Sahara ones. Yes I own a Sahara but I still like the way they look with the body lines.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Wheeler

I have the Mopar Tube Steps on my 08 JK 2dr. I like them alot and they were very easy to install.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Rock God

Garage
Thumbs up Sliders

My wife just uses the Rock Sliders a step.

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
Wow...what sacrilage! to put all that effort and money to beef up the Jeep and then never take it off-road?!

BANNED! Just kidding!
I know, I know I get that alot. I bought the jeep for the fun and freedom of it. I've had Camero's, Mustang's, Chevelle's, even a couple lifted trucks but nothing even comes close to the feeling of cruisin doorless and topless. I've had alot of fast cars(10 sec Mustang, 11 sec Chevelle) to name a few, but I get more comliment's on my Jeep than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Even though I don't wheel I consider myself a true jeeper, plus it just looks BADASS.

13 2dr bright white Ruby
A crap load more to buy
post #8 of 12 Old 08-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

For now Iím using the Warrior products nerfbar with a removable step. The bar is frame mount and is 1/16th thick so its no rock rail but would offer some off road protection. My plan is to later, when I have the $, to get some rock rails and fab up a removable step for it.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 12 Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for all the opinions , I was wondering does anyone know if the stock Sahara steps from an 07-08 will fit an 09. I ask because I've seen a couple of threads where people are having fitment issues with some aftermarket steps, apparently Jeep changed some mounting point's on the 09's, I don't know if this applies to factory steps or not.

13 2dr bright white Ruby
A crap load more to buy
post #10 of 12 Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Jayce113

Here is a pic of the sahara steps. I am getting rid of mine soon so I can put rock rails on it.

2007 RESCUE GREEN JEEP SAHARA
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
post #11 of 12 Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelerbob View Post
Thanks for all the opinions , I was wondering does anyone know if the stock Sahara steps from an 07-08 will fit an 09. I ask because I've seen a couple of threads where people are having fitment issues with some aftermarket steps, apparently Jeep changed some mounting point's on the 09's, I don't know if this applies to factory steps or not.
That would be another BRILLIANT move on Jeep's part...
post #12 of 12 Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

I would be willing to part with my 09 unlimited Sahara rails for the right price...I'm looking for sliders anyway. Let's talk, I'm gonna be in DC this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode