BUILD THREAD: PanAmHwy - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Arrow BUILD THREAD: PanAmHwy

Greetings!

About a year and a half ago I posted on here about my intention to drive the Pan-American Highway, from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska on the coast of the Arctic Ocean to Ushuaia in the Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina - the southernmost city in the world and closest to Antarctica.

At the time, I was finalizing my choice of vehicle to make the journey. Ultimately, I purchased a 2013 JKUR and after much research I began to order and install a wide variety of mods to make my JK expedition ready.

I must confess, and apologize, that I have been derelict in posting the process and progress of my build. That said, this thread will bring those interested up to speed on the status of my build and expedition planning.

So, stay tuned and I will bring you up to speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Rock God

Garage

Good stuff, looking forward to it.

You over at Expo as well?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 08:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

subscribed!!! sounds like a trip I would love to do. I'm planning to go from Key west to Anchorage and back!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Look me up when you hit Whitehorse YT, Canada (you have to pass through it). Would love to buy you a beer, and introduce you to a buddy of mine who spent 2 years doing the same trip (3-4 years ago?) in a TJ.

A couple of his sites that you might find interesting.
http://theroadchoseme.com/
http://wikioverland.org/

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop

Last edited by Riptide; 10-19-2013 at 08:59 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Key West to Alaska sounds awesome as well!
post #6 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 03:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Update ready:
post #7 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Look me up when you hit Whitehorse YT, Canada (you have to pass through it). Would love to buy you a beer, and introduce you to a buddy of mine who spent 2 years doing the same trip (3-4 years ago?) in a TJ.

A couple of his sites that you might find interesting.
http://theroadchoseme.com/
http://wikioverland.org/
I'll try to look you up when I come through, remind me when you see that I'm a few days away. A cold beer and new friends is always a good thing! I've seen Dan's websites before (but thanks, I'm always open to info) and corresponded with him once or twice several months ago. It would be great to meet him as well.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanAmHwy View Post
I'll try to look you up when I come through, remind me when you see that I'm a few days away. A cold beer and new friends is always a good thing! I've seen Dan's websites before (but thanks, I'm always open to info) and corresponded with him once or twice several months ago. It would be great to meet him as well.
Great guy. Spent the day wheeling with him today. Like I said... look us up if/when you make it up here. If I remember (I'll subscribe to this thread), I'll msg you when you're closeish. What sort of time frame are you thinking for your trip?

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #9 of 10 Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a departure from Syracuse, NY sometime in April. I'll spend a couple of weeks getting to Prudhoe Bay, AK. Trying to schedule it so I miss the last of Alaskan winter's wrath.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanAmHwy View Post
Looking for a departure from Syracuse, NY sometime in April. I'll spend a couple of weeks getting to Prudhoe Bay, AK. Trying to schedule it so I miss the last of Alaskan winter's wrath.
Good luck with that... Not sure about Alaska, but our "summer/spring" can vary anywhere from early mid April (like last summer), to late May (like the last few years). Hopefully we get another summer like last year.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode