JKOwners Forum banner

Opinions / Horror Stories wanted

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  d'sjk 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
teraflex 2.5"w/shocks on their website is $507. high quality product and i think they do free shipping too. Call em and say you are jko member and see what they can do for you pricewise. I think we get a discount from them and even if you spend a little more money, at least you know you will be getting a much better product. also, when you go up to 3" lift it changes your steerinng geometry enough to make it noticible. with their 2'5" i never had to even get an alignment or steering wheel correction. i would at least give them a call

#5 ·
Whats to suck on a budget boost??? A puck is a puck. There is zero technology in the components of this type of a lift... except for the shocks of course. I dont know anything about their shocks. If you are looking for spacers, bump stops, and sway bar extensions it will work. I would actually watch the used market though if that is the direction you are going.

#6 ·
this may or may not be true. Are the pucks all made from the same material? also the extra height wiil make a difference with how it handles on the road. plus, if you have a question on install or anything else, will trailmaster answer the phone and put you on the line with a tech or will they have someone call you tomorrow? I dont know. I do know that when you call teraflex they will put you on the phone with a tech and they will work with you. I do agree about watching for used equip. i just sold my teraflex 2.5 with shock adaptors for $120. keep researching and maybe someone will actually be running this same trailmaster lift and have nothing but good things to say and then you have your answer. good luck

#9 ·
Look into the rough country lift. If you just want the pucks it is under $150 or for about the same you will be paying for the trailmaster lift you can get the coil and shock kit. That is the route I will be going once I get the okay from my lil woman. I have heard it is a pretty rough ride until it gets broken in. If I had a 4dr (my wife does and it is already lifted) I would get the 3.25" kit.

take a look

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_suspension_lift_kits.html

#10 ·
Had a Trailmaster spacer kit on my old TJ awhiles ago. It came with the SSV shocks and I couldn't get them off fast enough....kidney jarring ride. A spacer might be a spacer, but the shocks can make or break the ride. My JK's stock X shocks were way to spongy and I ended up with a firmer Skyjacker shock with my spacer kit (went with a FT one and their shocks were backordered so I subbed them since I didn't wanna wait, but that's neither here nor there...). While the ride improved a bit, the things started to squeak like hell after a couple months and that drives me nuts now. I'd say go with what most people recommend and are happy with....little things that don't show up in the product description usually end up being a PITA.

#11 ·
if your looking for the cheap deals do a wanted to buy thread for a bb take off set up. a lot of people upgraded when tereflex came out with the 2.5 coil kit, then get some rubi take offs along with some shock adapters if need be and you will be high rollin for under 100 to 150 tops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.