projector retrofit dual headlights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-18-2013, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

projector retrofit dual headlights

hey has anyone done a projector retrofit on theyre jk with a 3" and 2" projector in the housing so they have dual hids per headlight? similar to the way the jw speaker led lamps look but hid?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM
JKO Addict!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HIDpr...19823161399201

He is a vendor on here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
That's a single projector. I assume he's referring to something like this, but in a 7" round housing. Honestly, when it comes to the cost, why not just go with the Trucklite LED lights? I've tried the HID projectors, Cibies, Hella's (both with halogen and 55w HIDs) and am now running the TLs. Am very happy with them. I'm not sure there's that much of an advantage over the Hellas with the 55w HIDs, but I'm happy with them.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
That's a single projector. I assume he's referring to something like this, but in a 7" round housing. Honestly, when it comes to the cost, why not just go with the Trucklite LED lights? I've tried the HID projectors, Cibies, Hella's (both with halogen and 55w HIDs) and am now running the TLs. Am very happy with them. I'm not sure there's that much of an advantage over the Hellas with the 55w HIDs, but I'm happy with them.
You are right. I misread the OP.

post #5 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

you got the idea, two separate projectors in one 7"" round housing no one seems to have tried it =/
post #6 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

but because i dont like led lighting as far as driving lights, it just hasnt quite caught up to hid tech, hid has a significantly further throw and usable lumen at distances. i will be getting some led bars and pods for flood lighting for trails but daily driving i prefer hid. and i have the set up to retrofit a single 3" in each just had a neat thought of adding a 2" in each one
post #7 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas3rdgen View Post
but because i dont like led lighting as far as driving lights, it just hasnt quite caught up to hid tech, hid has a significantly further throw and usable lumen at distances. i will be getting some led bars and pods for flood lighting for trails but daily driving i prefer hid. and i have the set up to retrofit a single 3" in each just had a neat thought of adding a 2" in each one
I agree they don't throw as far - which is why I've stayed far away from LED lighting in the past - and solely use HID. However, I was very surprised from the TLs. I'll still use aux HID lighting, but for headlights, they're good.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #8 of 8 Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

im kinda the opposite, i want my hid headlights to be my mains,(also already spent the money on the projectors). but anyways im looking to only have hid headlights and everything else be led so the current draw isnt too much on my little minivan motor. dont really want more than two sets of hide so i was thinking why not in the same housing.once i get back to my PDS in san diego i might just jump the gun and try it. just hoping to snag pictures of people maybe doing it before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode