Chrysler would like to know ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Chrysler would like to know ?

Chrysler would like to know what future Gadgets you would like to have in
your JK. you get to define gadget . A CAB member will make a summery of the topic ,and post it to Chrysler/Pentastar/Jeep Board For those wanting a diesel wrangler, the Chrysler board is waiting for input from Fiat, on certifacation cost.

For your info CAB did a topic summery , on all three jeep sites, pass it to the Chrysler Board, from that meeting came the above diesel info, because you posted, and ask for it

Tell us why you want or need the Gadgets ?

Last edited by slow2run; 08-06-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
JKowners Vendor

A sway bar that doesn't short out in water or mud, kill your whole Jeep and/or catch on fire. That, or an on-board fire extinguisher.

A clock spring (ESP/BAS light!!) that doesn't die with a little dirt or moisture.

A real arm rest.

An auto-down soft top. Just kidding (oh, is that what JK stands for?!? ).

Beefier ball joints.

Oh, gadgets? Us girls aren't really into gadgets. How about a lip gloss applicator? Or a leg waxer for when you have the doors off?

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #3 of 91 Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

How about one of those Hemi gadgets?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 91 Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
How about one of those Hemi gadgets?
Or a 3.0 CRD or 5.9 Cummins

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
post #5 of 91 Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Granite Guru

A Hemi option because who doesnt want more power!

A power inverter because AC power is useful

A DC power outlet in the cargo area
post #6 of 91 Old 08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

The Jk will never get a factory hemi, I asked at the engineering round table in Moab this year. Hopefully Fiat see's value $$$ in offering a risky product like a diesel. You will see the new pentastar 3.6 V6 within the next couple of years and possibly power mirriors. The should have a power inverter 115 and a built in ice chest.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #7 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

how about a 100% water proof fan motor on a Jeep there is an idea, hell they have them on Volvo's, so I dont need to wheel with a damn spare (I'm on #7)

the stock motor has 8 holes on one side and 10 on the other
post #8 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
how about a 100% water proof fan motor on a Jeep there is an idea, hell they have them on Volvo's, so I dont need to wheel with a damn spare (I'm on #7)

the stock motor has 8 holes on one side and 10 on the other
if you didnt think your JK is a submarine, you wouldnt have that problem....

post #9 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post
if you didnt think your JK is a submarine, you wouldnt have that problem....
hey I know plenty of others that have killed it going thru one puddle that wasnt even over their tires
post #10 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Granite Guru

how about get rid of the d30 only have d44 and locking hubs

Just Want To Wheel
post #11 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 01:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

bring back the straight 6 cyl 4.0 liter engine and D44 axles standard

post #12 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 01:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Hey

I'm with FishyGuy....

Also, how about ditching the flip forward windshield...honestly...I looked into putting it down..Its going to take 2 hours to sort through all that crap just to lay the darn thing down...what a waist... Why don't you sell every jeep with chrome everything on it...so the rich can blow up the market on jeeps like the escalade with the hood...Gimme a break!!! lol

How about offering a off road package that includes some sort of flat fenders. Not these great BIG plastic things that hang down 3" 's. Mopar would make a killing if they jumped on Xenon for a joint venture.

Oh and while I"m at it...if your gonna offer the option of doors off, when the law states you have to have mirror's... Then lets have a flip out piece that goes in the holes of the hinges...RIGHT?????

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #13 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Rock God

crusher corners to come stock om rubis and relocate that tree cacther they call a lisence plate holder. and last but not least, figure out how to raise the transfercase by1 to 2 inches. oh, and make the front coil 1" higher so the jeep sits level and x2 on deisle engine.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #14 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Rock God

My main desire is another engine choice, I'd prefer a Hemi but a diesel would be OK also. Also some more DC power outlets and maybe one AC plug.

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #15 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 04:59 AM
Granite Guru

How about a cold-weather package.

a. heated mirrors (only avail with power group, lets say)
b. heated wiper fluid (instead of wiper deicers which would require an electrical element attached to the windshield)
post #16 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 05:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Better welds on those damn axles. Also on the soft top. I just broke mine.
post #17 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Granite Guru

I'd like a cabin air filter.

An area on the dash where aftermarket switches and controls can be added for the inevitable additional lights, winch controls etc.

Headlight leveling system available in US markets too so those of us that tow or carry loads in back can do so at night and still see the road. It's already available overseas and the hardware's already made for the JK.

Decent headlights. C'mon, really. These things suck.

Heavy Duty cooling option with larger radiator thats easy to clean and a tranny cooler.

Cargo tiedowns in the back.

2 Back seat 12vdc outlets.

Extending sunvisors that can block the sun across the full length of the side windows, not just the front half.

What do you want to bet that all they end up offering is color coordinated windshield wiper blades and chrome dash knobs.

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
post #18 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
Better welds on those damn axles. Also on the soft top. I just broke mine.
x2 I'm happy with the Jeep, except for weakening the axle tubes. As far as gadgets, if you can find it on a Hummer we don't need it.

Dual battery option would be nice and 12vdc run to the rear.

Leave room up-front for a full size CB/HAM.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #19 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

rubicons should have a dana 60 option.

a diesel option should be a given.

an ac inverter for camping, come on the mini vans have em and they don't go camping.

as stated euro spec lighting like e codes and the aiming option.

a real roll cage out of the gate that doesn't need to be upgraded to be safe on road or off.

the storage tub should be like woods but with a heavy duty piano style hinge and secure locking set up.

the fiberglass top should have a layer of closed cell foam between it 1/2" thick for insulation, what it may add 10-20 pounds at the most.

a real paint job would be nice. and the sound deadening material to be put on from the bottom for those of us that are wanting to line the tub.

an option to have it undercoated and rustproofed at the factory, the closest ziebart from me seems to be michigan.

ditch the 30 axle, locking hubs for those that don't want lockers I guess, but I like them on the switch and they are lifetime warranty, haha yeah right. we shall see.

x2 on the electric swaybar issues.

and the biggest I thing should be a couple of 12guage positive feed pigtails that are fused off the relay box, that are not governed by the canbus system. it is a jeep wrangler, they know it is going to be modified so make it more mod friendly.
post #20 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Wheeler

How about changing the passenger seat (on a 2 door) so it can tilt forward enough so a adult can get to the back seat? I don't cart too many people around, but when I need to it would be nice to be able to get in the back. I don't miss much from my older Jeeps, but that is one.

2007 JK 2 Door Jeep Green
2.5 Teraflex BB, 35" MTZ, Cragar Soft 8s and other stuff...
post #21 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Jayce113
Sunvisor HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
I'd like a cabin air filter.

An area on the dash where aftermarket switches and controls can be added for the inevitable additional lights, winch controls etc.

Headlight leveling system available in US markets too so those of us that tow or carry loads in back can do so at night and still see the road. It's already available overseas and the hardware's already made for the JK.

Decent headlights. C'mon, really. These things suck.

Heavy Duty cooling option with larger radiator thats easy to clean and a tranny cooler.

Cargo tiedowns in the back.

2 Back seat 12vdc outlets.

Extending sunvisors that can block the sun across the full length of the side windows, not just the front half.

What do you want to bet that all they end up offering is color coordinated windshield wiper blades and chrome dash knobs.

LOL I took my "sunvisor's" out of the jeep and put up a tinted strip on the windshield. It works better and actually covers the entire range of sun blinding possibilities. The only thing those stock sun visors are good for is putting warning labels on.

Also count me in for a diesel, I would trade mine in now if I could find one! OK well maybe not trade it in, I WOULD steal the diesel engine out of another jeep and put it in my baby though...

2007 RESCUE GREEN JEEP SAHARA
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
post #22 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Granite Guru

some cool gadgets- built in inclinometer feature for gps/radio screen. Also reverse camera its hard to see past a big spare. Cameras by the wheels to help with wheel placement.
post #23 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Rock God

I like the alternate power option in the rear. Sorry but I tailgate and also use a portable air compressor to fill tires.

Power inverter under the passenger seat would work. (that is where I put mine)

Can we possibly look at a soft leather boot on the manual. even sell it for 2007 models and up. The hard boot interferes with switches that are usually put in with a daystar like panel.

I like the offroad package option from the factory. lift, manual front link disconnects, oil/tranny skid that is 1/4", Windshield mounted PIAA lights and aftermarket flares.

Air conditioner seems real weak when I've used it and it's been checked and it's fully working.

near the rear roll cage mounting points there seems to be allot of empty space in the wheel well cargo area for a 4 door. I'd like to see a small storage component there if possible. 1 vendor tried but they made it out of metal and it looked like the cost was going to be pretty high.

4 door rear cargo area, why couldn't there be a cover that extends over it to hide the goodie's in the rear. Kind of like the old toyota 4 runners had which rolled out and over. If strong enough this would help to protect some of the items flying out in case of a accident or rollover. Love to see it lock also...

rear seat cup console, I'd like to see a Cig lighter power source here. That is where mine is going when I have time. Sick of kids power cords running all the way to the front dash.

Dash light for when driving at night that elimunates the cup holder area.

Last edited by NE Wrangling; 08-07-2009 at 07:22 AM.
post #24 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Rock God

Give us a more powerful engine. 4.0 and above. One that doesn't flat out at rpm's between 1500 and 2000.

Fix the transfer engage problem with the breakage.

Don't install Goodyear SRA tires they are too dangerous when wet.

Redesign the stock bumper. It is worthless and looks like crap.

Sun visors that actually work.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #25 of 91 Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Rock God

Garage
Talking leg waxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
Oh, gadgets? Us girls aren't really into gadgets. How about a lip gloss applicator? Or a leg waxer for when you have the doors off?
I'm sure you can find some guys willing to handle your legs, with the doors or anything else off!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=22

Try this out!

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode