Lift Kit Question. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Jayce113
Lift Kit Question.

Everyone talks all about the Teraflex BB lift kit for thier JK's being awesome for starters. When I look on Quadratec's website, I get 3 choices for the 2.5" budget lift.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...94+0003~&hr=lk

My question is, which one of the 3 is the best idea to get? Are shock adapters a good idea or do I want to get shocks that will actually work with the length of the lift?? This will be the first vehicle I have owned that I will actually be doing all of this stuff to so I want to do it right. Thanks in advance!

2007 RESCUE GREEN JEEP SAHARA
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Rock God

If you ever plan on going with a larger lift, I say get the teraflex with shock adapters. if you buy the lift with shocks, then when you move up a size in lift, your shocks will be too short. i ran mine with adapters for a very long time and never had one problem. then i moved to the rk 3.5 midarm and bought the bilstein shocks for that lift. my 2 cents.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
JKO Addict!

id agree with the above.
It deends on what you want to do with it.
Are you going to go bigger? then get the adapters

if you plan on staying at 2.5" get the shocks (or if you have a rubi those shocks are just as good with the adapters)

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
JKowners Vendor

x3. With hard, regular use, you MAY have some issues with the front upper shock adapters coming loose, but not enough of a concern for the average user to fork out the extra $ for longer shocks.

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #5 of 7 Old 08-07-2009, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks!

I appreciate the advice, eventually I do want to go bigger and get a whole long arm kit and everything, but as of right now too many bills and not enough left over $$ to afford $2-3K for one so I wanted to start out small and work up. I'm driving a sahara right now, will the shock adapters be ok with the stock shocks on the sahara or should i look into upgrading to something a bit more robust? I don't do a ton of off-roading, but I like to when I actually have time to enjoy it.

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
post #6 of 7 Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Trailmaster

Has anyone had any experience with Trailmaster suspension lifts? Bad, good, etc?

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
post #7 of 7 Old 08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce113 View Post
I appreciate the advice, eventually I do want to go bigger and get a whole long arm kit and everything, but as of right now too many bills and not enough left over $$ to afford $2-3K for one so I wanted to start out small and work up. I'm driving a sahara right now, will the shock adapters be ok with the stock shocks on the sahara or should i look into upgrading to something a bit more robust? I don't do a ton of off-roading, but I like to when I actually have time to enjoy it.
I'm in the same boat as you. I eventually went with the TF BB with shocks and have been happy ever since. I was told that the rubicon shocks are better than the X or Sahara ones, that's why I opted for the new shocks all around.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode