got a question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

got a question

Im wiring up my amp and sub to my stock head unit and i bought the loc (line output converter) and ive got everything else hooked up correctly and my remote wire i tried running to the cig lighter and well im not getting anything its not kicking my amp on so i checked the wire its fine i checked the fuses there good so not really sure what i did wrong here this is my second jeep i had a xj and had he same systen except for the head unit but im wondering why the cig lighter wouldnt kick it on??? Any help would be greatly appriciated thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Wheeler

You could try running the switched line (one connected to your cig lighter) to another 12v source. If you rluse unswitched power, install a switch on the line. My JK has two CIG adapters. One switched and one unswitched. Just a thought.

2008 JK 2DR X -3" Lift, 8,000 Waterproof winch, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, XHD front Bumper, Dual Batteries, CB and other random electronic bits.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin View Post
Im wiring up my amp and sub to my stock head unit and i bought the loc (line output converter) and ive got everything else hooked up correctly and my remote wire i tried running to the cig lighter and well im not getting anything its not kicking my amp on so i checked the wire its fine i checked the fuses there good so not really sure what i did wrong here this is my second jeep i had a xj and had he same systen except for the head unit but im wondering why the cig lighter wouldnt kick it on??? Any help would be greatly appriciated thank you
Are you getting +12V on the remote input? Have you tried temporarily running the remote to the positive side of the battery to confirm that's actually the problem?

I'm a JKO Reject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

the 12v power to the cig outlet should trigger the amp. double check that you actually have 12v to the amp on both the 12vbatt terminal and the 12v ant/remote terminal... check AT the amp first. work back to the sources if you dont have 12v

if you used a wire tap, its completely possible that the tap didnt contact the conductor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode