Superchips Flashpaq for 3.6 Pentastar JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Superchips Flashpaq for 3.6 Pentastar JK

Superchips is running a Beta program for the 2012+ Flashpaq programmer/tuner

I just got the module a few minutes ago and will be installing it on my Jeep as soon as I leave work.

I plan on running the 87 Octane tune. I will post my initial feedback later on this evening

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Wheeler

Bossman. They don't want us to report anything on forums until beta testing is done. It was in the emails from Powerteq.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcaffeine View Post
Bossman. They don't want us to report anything on forums until beta testing is done. It was in the emails from Powerteq.
Word. I got no such email...

This module doesn't have the right information uploaded on it so I can't provide any feedback now anyways ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 06:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcaffeine View Post
This. And you'll need to update the software.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #5 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
This. And you'll need to update the software.
That. Get in touch with Nate. He is the POC.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Can you send me his email?

post #7 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Wheeler

Nate Halliday
POWERTEQ
1080 South Depot Dr.
Ogden, UT, 84404
PH: 801-476-3343
Fax: 801-476-3348
[email protected]
post #8 of 13 Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltz View Post
Can you send me his email?

I just pm'ed you the text of his email to me. If you want the email, pm me your email and I'll forward it to you.

post #9 of 13 Old 10-28-2013, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ok, as far as I know this product is available to the public now, so I can provide my 2 cents.

Specs:

2012 2 door Rubicon
37" Tires
4.10 Final Drive
6 speed manual transmission

I have had the 87 tune installed for the last couple of weeks. I popped a K&N drop-in filter at the same time as well.

Results:

*Better throttle response. There is no longer a long lag time between punching the gas and taking off. It is actually kind of annoying... which might be more pronounced because of my gear ratio/manual trans - but basically, when sitting in traffic, I will have to feather the gas pedal or else I will experience power surging.

*Better gas mileage. I haven't done the exact test, but before I was getting a combined 13-15mpg (more city than highway) and have bumped that up to 15-16+ without changing my driving habits.

*Corrected TPMS and Speedo. The flashpaq allowed me to disable the TPMS and reset the speedometer to adjust for tire size and gear ratio.

There are a bunch of other options that I haven't utilized.

Is it worth $350?

Maybe... Before the Flashpag, my speedometer was innacurate and my TPMS light was always on. This didn't bother me but if it did, for around $150 I could have gotten the flashcal or procal to do these basic calibrations.

That means the tuning is valued at around $200. You get a little better MPG and noticeably better throttle response. This is probably a greater value than doing a cold air intake or exhaust system, but it doesn't really add a whole lot of power.

post #10 of 13 Old 10-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Wheeler

Are these still Model 3870 for the 2013?
post #11 of 13 Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5886 View Post
Are these still Model 3870 for the 2013?
Yes they are. From what I've read, if you already have one, you will be able to update it for 12-13 models. Whether the update is free or if there's an upgrade charge, I have no idea.

post #12 of 13 Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Wheeler

Ive been running the towing tune and 93 oct tune for about 2+ weeks now. Slight increase in Mpg (+1 or 2 ish) slight power increase in mid to high Rpm. Noticable on the highway. Currently running 3.21 with 35" km2's and a 6 spd... Can now hold 6th gear on the highway (Flat) whereas previously I couldnt.

When loading a tune to the ECM, There is a default throttle response setting titled superchips.. I found this setting to be too touchy and unmanagable especially w the 6 spd. If you use the advanced tune setting, you are able to set the throttle response setting to stock and still keep whichever power tune you desire. This was the best of both worlds..

My initial impression of the tuner is possitive. Increase in power is not earth shattering but deffinately noticable, This is coming from someone who is very sceptical of these things, as well as CAI and exhaust kits. Is it worth the $349 price tag??? eehhh, Probably not.. Would I buy one used for say $150?? Yes..

There are lots of features and diagnostic tools on this little thing that I have not had a chance to play with yet that may sway my impression of the price tag so take that into consideration.

Cant Fix Stupid...
post #13 of 13 Old 10-23-2014, 12:33 PM

Smile 2012 JK Sport 3.73 gear

installed the flashpaq 91 octane tune yesterday as well as a cold air intake. I am running 3.73 gears with 33in tires. My engine has come ALIVE! I was startled initially by the grunt and power it now has! It literally made me squeal with excitement! Kudos to northridge4x4 in WA for recommending and help with the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode