It's worth it - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
It's worth it

I just spent 25 mins taking the top and doors off so i could drive 15 mins to the dump and back, then spent another half hour putting everthing back on.

It was sssooooo worth it!!

I'm trying to link a pic here from my album any ideas why it wont show up?this is the first pic i've tried so i have no clue

got Jeep got stuff, never enough of the right stuff tho

Am I in deep enough yet?

Last edited by nourlmt; 08-05-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-04-2009, 08:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Buy a trail cover and save yourself some time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 13 Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Wheeler

i ordered mine today! i want to never put my top on again!!

Party Crashin' with an LJ !!! .... Now with a little Extra Ductape!!

jk-forum , jk forum , jeep jk , jkforum , jk wrangler , jeep wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Rock God

awesome man

Like us on

post #5 of 13 Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
JKO Addict!

I need tube doors myself. Not a huge fan of no doors, some tubies would be nice!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
Buy a trail cover and save yourself some time
You don't understand it's rained here more this year than in the last ten.
That means four out of seven days a week and the not rainy days aren't sunny!!

Twice in the last month I've had 1.5" of water on the passenger side floor with the top and doors on!

I'm not complaining about the time invested, just laughing at myself for what I'll do to run topless for 1/2 hour!!

Really just wanted to post a pic which i still haven't fgured out

got Jeep got stuff, never enough of the right stuff tho

Am I in deep enough yet?

Last edited by nourlmt; 08-05-2009 at 02:56 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 06:06 PM
JKO Addict!

I didnt take it as you were complaining, send some of that rain this way.

|
|
post #8 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
JKO Addict!

I feel the same way about loving having the top and doors off. However, it's been a cool and very rainy summer. On my way home from work everynight, it hasn't been uncommon for it to be like 50-55 degrees. The top isn't too bad to put up, but without the doors it's cold and wet. I need to buy some of the Bestop soft doors so I could keep them with me.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I feel the same way about loving having the top and doors off. However, it's been a cool and very rainy summer. On my way home from work everynight, it hasn't been uncommon for it to be like 50-55 degrees. The top isn't too bad to put up, but without the doors it's cold and wet. I need to buy some of the Bestop soft doors so I could keep them with me.
you and your cool summer

|
|
post #10 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Rock God

I here ya on the rain. Most trails are full of water and the last ride I went through water was supose to only be 20" deep and it went to the top of my 35" tires. everything is swamped maybe they could build a water pipeline to the west...
post #11 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
LSM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nourlmt View Post
I just spent 25 mins taking the top and doors off so i could drive 15 mins to the dump and back, then spent another half hour putting everthing back on.

It was sssooooo worth it!!

I'm trying to link a pic here from my album any ideas why it wont show up?this is the first pic i've tried so i have no clue
I have done the same thing. Up here in Canada, we are not as lucky as you guys down south. Just got back from N. California and it was a hot 105 degrees. I wish. well not the 105, but warm for a longer period of time, so I can run with the doors and top off.

ME
08 Rubicon Unlimited / জীপ্ Green / 6 Speed..
Mopar offroad bumper
Winch
Raider Evap Skid plate
Some mods to the bumper
It has started....
post #12 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
I have done the same thing. Up here in Canada, we are not as lucky as you guys down south. Just got back from N. California and it was a hot 105 degrees. I wish. well not the 105, but warm for a longer period of time, so I can run with the doors and top off.
All this rain this week has sucked real bad... are we going to get anymore of summer????

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #13 of 13 Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 PM
LSM
Granite Guru

Nah, we are done like dinner. Time to put the hardtop back on... I had the doors off once this year, hoping for at least once more.

ME
08 Rubicon Unlimited / জীপ্ Green / 6 Speed..
Mopar offroad bumper
Winch
Raider Evap Skid plate
Some mods to the bumper
It has started....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode