Superchips traildash security question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-10-2013, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Superchips traildash security question

So Im in the market for a tuner. And as far as the traildash goes the main reason i like it over the flashpaq is the ability to monitor PIDs and monitor temps opposed to just the plug and play flashpaq. My only concern is the security of the traildash sitting in the dead center of the jeep, especially when I drive almost 75 percent if the time with no doors or top. Someone walking by can easily just see a big screen and pop it out and boom superchips for them.anyone with a trail dash what do you do when the doors are off? I heard people saying you can take it out fairly easily from the dash pod but I mean that's be kind of annoying every time I go somewhere with no doors I can't have my traildash, and also if I unplug it does the tune even still stay equipped if I tuned it then unplugged it from the pod? Any info would be greatly appreciated ! It's either traildash or flashpaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Instead of sticking it in the pod thing right in the middle of the dash, use a suction cup mount and put it over in the lower left windshield area. Easy to see, close to the OBD port and you can unplug it and pull the mount off super easy and stow it in the locked glove box or console. That's what I do with my Diablosport Trinity.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-10-2013, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah I love the dash pod but how easy it is to pop in and out I wouldn't see why someone wouldn't take it. And I don't like that lol trying to come up with some kind of more permanent custom mount but then again I go back to the if somebody really wants something they are going to get it. I just don't like the idea of it being so open and easily accessibla in the dash pod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
.......use a suction cup mount and put it over in the lower left windshield area.....unplug it and pull the mount off super easy and stow it in the locked glove box or console..........
This, every time or just leave it stowed when you don't want to monitor gauges and stuff

The tune is stored just like the regular flashpaq, you just can't monitor things when it's unplugged.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 10-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-10-2013, 05:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i just leave mine in my jeep. i have it kinda custom mounted to the daystar dash panel in the back tray part. i do take it off if im in a shitty area and lock it up in console

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode