Teraflex 3" lift, 4 arm? 8 arm? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Teraflex 3" lift, 4 arm? 8 arm?

After hours and hours and hours of reviews and fellow jeepers comments, ive decided to go with the teraflex 3" lift. I plan on doing some wheeling, nothing to big but def want to use the rubicon to its ability. Not knowing a huge deal about lifts other than what ive studied on, i dont know the pros and cons of going with the 4 arm system or the 8 arm system, can i get some recomendations on what you guys think. The best way i can try and learn are from the pros who know!!!! i only plan on 35" tires so my jeep is still drivable at highways speeds, hopefully i can get by without gears for a couple of months.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Granite Guru

If you can swing the 8 arm, go for it. In the least, go with front lower and rear uppers. That is the best compromise, but honestly I wouldnt be afraid to just go all lowers too. I ran adj front LCA's and rear UCA's for a while. I eventually bent both of my rear lowers and that pushed me to get the other 4. 8 is def is better as it allows you to center your wheels in the wheel well and of course adjust pinion/caster to dial in your ride a little better than just 4. If your budget is tight you can get by without though.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I have the front lowers, wondering what advantages the rear uppers will give me. I can tell you that the front stock drive shaft will ever so lightly scrape that skid. I need a grinder to remove some of it. found this out thursday seeing how much I could stuff the stock wheels... a bunch, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

For a DD I would go 2.5" coil springs and then as you go down the road you will learn the limitations of the vehicle and be a better wheeler for it. I think the Teraflex 3" is a bit more stiff of a ride for a DD but get the adj control arms,front/rear track bars and the steel braided brake lines. You can always upgrade as you see fit.

After owning several jeeps I always had a game plan in mind, my wheeling changed my game plan several times. I am now at a place where I am happy and will add a few more items and call it good. By then I will be starting my Jk project

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 9 Old 08-01-2009, 04:29 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiJK View Post
If you can swing the 8 arm, go for it. In the least, go with front lower and rear uppers. That is the best compromise, but honestly I wouldnt be afraid to just go all lowers too. I ran adj front LCA's and rear UCA's for a while. I eventually bent both of my rear lowers and that pushed me to get the other 4. 8 is def is better as it allows you to center your wheels in the wheel well and of course adjust pinion/caster to dial in your ride a little better than just 4. If your budget is tight you can get by without though.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
I have the front lowers, wondering what advantages the rear uppers will give me. I can tell you that the front stock drive shaft will ever so lightly scrape that skid. I need a grinder to remove some of it. found this out thursday seeing how much I could stuff the stock wheels... a bunch, lol.
The main reason for the rear uppers is to adjust the rear pinion angle. You can do that with lower arms also, but if you use lowers you'll be pulling the whole axle forward to raise the pinion, where if you use the uppers you'll be pushing it back, which is the better direction for tire clearance 'n stuff.

801-713-3314
post #6 of 9 Old 08-01-2009, 06:51 PM
JKO Addict!

I can't say anymore than what's already been said. I can only reinforce the idea of getting all 8 arms if you can. I've been running front lowers and rear uppers but finally picked up the front uppers and rear lowers. Definitely worth it.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

The main reason for the rear uppers is to adjust the rear pinion angle. You can do that with lower arms also, but if you use lowers you'll be pulling the whole axle forward to raise the pinion, where if you use the uppers you'll be pushing it back, which is the better direction for tire clearance 'n stuff.
right on fellas, i feel like i have gotten so much info on this, i think im going to have the guys at Airpark jeep in scottsdale do my lift with the 8 arm system, so that way i dont have to go back and change arms that i didnt do at the beginning.

Their prices are a little higher than desert rat on labor, but i feel very confident that they def do a good job and know what they are doing, Jason my salesman has def tried to guide me in the right direction and gave me some good input. looking at 3k for the 8 arm kit installed with all the goodies, without wheels and tires.....im gonna have to whore out myself to get the rest!!!!!....Any bidders
post #8 of 9 Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Granite Guru

Good choice on the 8 arms instead of 4, thats what i've decided to go with. Good luck, hope it works out for ya!

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
post #9 of 9 Old 08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxcobaltrubi View Post
im gonna have to whore out myself to get the rest!!!!!....Any bidders
Got pics??? Kidding!

While you are there, talk to Travis about hooking you up with some HIDX lights... They are a dealer of ours, but also have done a bunch of work on my own personal rig. Good guys over there for sure. When you get it put together, post up so some of us AZ boyz can got stretch its legs with you...

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode