GAME CHANGER?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

GAME CHANGER??

i'll start off by saying i did utilize the search button, but wasn't satisfied with what i found. So here it is, i currently have a basic 2.5 lift with flat fenders and 37s on my 2012 4dr. This is my DD and i want it to flex like a mofo and still have awesome on road performance. Here is what i have narrowed down my decisions to:

Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5 with 6pk shocks
- i heard its badass but its still just a midarm :/
- for the price why not go with something long arm
-bolt on

Clayton 4.5 long arm
-seems legit
-comes with beefy crossmember and i could use a new one , mine is bashed badddd
-bolt on

well.. whatchyall think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Rock God

Pics?
post #3 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I run MC without their shocks. Best kit I have had. Not sure about Clayton, a buddy runs it and has no issues with it.

I have about 10k miles on the lift and had no issues. It performs for me offroad and is an awesome dd.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 AM
JKO Addict!

I have no experience with the MC lifts but many say it's a great set up. I too am very interested in it and keep finding myself on their site checking things out. You know where that ends up leading you...haha

Clayton makes a great product too. I have a good friend that I wheel with all the time and he runs a Clayton lift. It operates without any issues and has awesome flex as well as being super quiet.

We have installed lots of Rock Krawler lifts too from their stock mod systems to their X factor systems and they are great lifts too.

Lots of choices out there. Get out and test drive some rigs with the lifts your interested in and talk to the guys driving them to find out pros and cons of each system. Take your time, don't be afraid to spend some money, even if it means you have to wait a little to afford it and remember, only do this one time!!!

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #5 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Wheeler

Im running the game changer and love it as a DD. Put about 7500km on it so far with no problems. Flexs like a bastard too!

Project Saskuatch is underway!! 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
3.5" MC Game Changer, Genright Armour, Warn Winch, Fuel Wheels, 37" Nitto's, AEV hood, JW Speaker w/ Rigid Lights.....
post #6 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Wheeler

My buddy has the Clayton setup on his tj. It flexes like crazy. I've seen his jeep drop on the arms on a big rock. It didn't even blink.
post #7 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yah I bought what I could afford at first, and I def only want to spend the money once more and get a lift that I'm going to be extremely happy with , just not sure between the long arm by Clayton or MC mid arm. Here is my current set up
Attached Images

post #8 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

More
Attached Images

post #9 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've driven a JKU on 37's with the MC system, drove great on the road.

I run the RK 3.5 with Fox 2.0's on 37's as well. Drives great on the road and kills it off road. RK durability is hard to beat.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TCdawg; 10-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
post #10 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

i love RK dont get me wrong, by buddy has the mid arm on his but i wanted something different. Its a lot of money to spend and i want to make sure i get what i want and i dont want to settle.
post #11 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
i love RK dont get me wrong, by buddy has the mid arm on his but i wanted something different. Its a lot of money to spend and i want to make sure i get what i want and i dont want to settle.
What are you "settling" for with RK? Lifetime warranty, proven performance?

I'm not sure you could go wrong with the MC or the RK...but to say you don't want to settle?

TC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
I've driven a JKU on 37's with the MC system, drove great on the road.

I run the RK 3.5 with Fox 2.0'a on 37's as well. Drives great on the road and kills it off road. RK durability is hard to beat.
To bad quality control isn't all that good.

I went RK and wish I went mc every day I drive my jeep

Last edited by x-rated; 10-05-2013 at 05:50 PM.
post #13 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 05:53 PM
JKO Addict!

You seem to think that a mid arm is inferior to a long arm setup on a basically stock JK. You couldn't be more wrong, if that's what you think. There are advantages and disadvantages to each system and flex is just one aspect of offroad performance. No one here can tell you which one is better. I'm not trying to steer you away from input here, because more is better.
post #14 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-rated View Post
To bad quality control isn't all that good.

I went RK and wish I went mc every day I drive my jeep
Don't let us guess, tell why?

TC

Last edited by TCdawg; 10-05-2013 at 06:50 PM.
post #15 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Tcdawg, I did not mean that I would be settling if I went with rk, I was just meaning that in general. I love rk but I like to be a bit different , I haven't ran into many guys running the mc or Clayton around my area and I wanted to try something different
post #16 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
You seem to think that a mid arm is inferior to a long arm setup on a basically stock JK. You couldn't be more wrong, if that's what you think. There are advantages and disadvantages to each system and flex is just one aspect of offroad performance. No one here can tell you which one is better. I'm not trying to steer you away from input here, because more is better.
Well what are your thoughts then ? What's the pros and cons in your opinion
post #17 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Plus I really like their concept of the 6pk shock with MC
post #18 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Granite Guru

Well are you planning on getting the MC fenders? What about the 6pak shock intrigues you the most?
post #19 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

No I will continue to run my hella cut flares , and the shocks are just plan badass , just look at them lol. A lot of travel too
post #20 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Wheeler

I was deciding between the game changer and the 4" evo Double D, I chose the evo and couldn't be happier with the performance on and offroad. Very smooth ride for my daily driver and has all the flex I need when on the trail. The long arm will perform better ON road verses a mid arm kit due to the arms being more level, flex is more determined by shock length not necessarily arm length. I do however run MC fenders and am happy with the extra clearance those offer also and I can still flex my 37" Toyo's till it almost hits the fenders.
post #21 of 44 Old 10-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Granite Guru

Well according to MC to get maximum effectiveness you have to run the fenders and 6pak shock together. Thats the only way youll achieve the "extra 2 inches of uptravel" I believe it was 2inches. The mounting design difference between the MC fender and stock fender is small mostly its just one bracket thats in the way. Me personally... I loved metal cloak but I felt like I had horrible customer service. Im not saying they suck but my experience was not what I expected when dropping large amounts of cash. Hopefully with the design info I relayed to you itll give you some more facts to consider.
post #22 of 44 Old 10-06-2013, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Jam View Post
Well according to MC to get maximum effectiveness you have to run the fenders and 6pak shock together. Thats the only way youll achieve the "extra 2 inches of uptravel" I believe it was 2inches. The mounting design difference between the MC fender and stock fender is small mostly its just one bracket thats in the way. Me personally... I loved metal cloak but I felt like I had horrible customer service. Im not saying they suck but my experience was not what I expected when dropping large amounts of cash. Hopefully with the design info I relayed to you itll give you some more facts to consider.
aboslutly thats information i was hoping to hear, i mean thats serious cash i would be dropping for a kit thats not even long arm. I didnt see where you have to run their fenders to achieve maxium flex. i did however read that they only had a 1year warranty on the lift, which is a bummer. Clayton is looking better and better by every post lol
post #23 of 44 Old 10-06-2013, 05:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
Tcdawg, I did not mean that I would be settling if I went with rk, I was just meaning that in general. I love rk but I like to be a bit different , I haven't ran into many guys running the mc or Clayton around my area and I wanted to try something different
Gotcha
I don't know anything about the Clayton stuff but the MC suspension rides like a dream on the road. My concern has been it ls longevity and durability. The stuff has been out now for probably a year, maybe more hard to remember, and I don't think we've seen threads on it letting people down offroad. Curious as to the durability of their joints.

Edit
Just pulled up the Clayton LA. Looks nice, lifetime warranty, that's good. The Johnny Joints are strong but they won't give you the same ride on the road as the MC joints, which use lots if rubber for a real smooth soft ride on the road.

The JJ, and the RK Krawler joints are made for strength and durability offroad. Although my RK joints are great in the road, they are definitely not as smooth and soft as MC

I also noticed no track bars, TB brackets , brake lines, etc in the Clayton kit. You may have all this covered.

One more thought. At 4" + of suspension lift you'll probably want to flip your drag link to fix your steering geometry.

TC

Last edited by TCdawg; 10-06-2013 at 05:40 AM.
post #24 of 44 Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Here: I think you'll find some good info about Metalcloak.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...alcloak+thread

No disrespect but you make me laugh when you say the metalcloak system is not even a longarm? BTW, most of the cost of the metalcloak kit goes for the 6pack shocks which you love. I'm not knocking longarms systems. I have one on my JKU. I've wheeled with guys who run short/mid length control arms and wheel everywhere I go. One issue with long control arms on a JKU is break over angle. They tend to get in the way. Your not driving a short wheel base pre JK jeep, where there's a real advantage to long arms.

I want to be clear in what I'm trying to say here. I don't believe that long arms offer a clear advantage over short arms on an Unlimited JK. I think there might be a distinct advantage on a short wheel base JK . My opinion is based on personal experience and the specs of your rig. Things can change that might give an advantage to a long arm system. I am far from being an authority on this subject.

Just a thought. If you want to be different, build yourself a budget rig that performs as well as your buddies. That would be bad ass in my opinion. I know, this isn't what you wanted to hear. EDIT: I'm not supporting any manufacturer in this debate.

Last edited by rubirobv; 10-07-2013 at 04:03 AM.
post #25 of 44 Old 10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Don't Tread on OHV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Jam View Post
My apologies to the OP, I usually try to let the community answer questions, not wanting to turn a thread into a Marketing piece for any particular company.

I take customer service very seriously and have already sent a PM to JK-Jam to find out what we did wrong. Bad customer service is NOT acceptable to me. Period.

As for the Game-Changer suspension and Clearance. Maximizing your CTI definitely comes with having the highest clearance bolt on fenders on the market, in this case, the Overlines with 2.5" more clearance.

However, for our customers running other market fenders, they still achieve incredible flex with the Game-Changer Suspension. The difference of getting 960 on CTI and getting maybe 860. Still better then most other Bolt-On Suspensions.

Many customers are running the Game-Changer ARB Edition (aka Lite) that uses the Old Man Emu Shocks. While it doesn't have all the upravel the 6Paks do, it does have an incredible amount of flex thanks to the Duroflex Joint.

Hope that helps.

Its Your Jeep, Only Better. |
|

Matson Breakey, Co-Founder & VP Marketing & Sales, MetalCloak.com | For quotes or customer service, email
or call 916-631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal52 View Post
You'll love it, its almost like your in a luxuary car at first, but with the ability to climb over shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode