Insurance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Insurance

Might be a dumb question but I never asked my agent...Does insurance (full coverage of course) cover damage "earned" on the trail? I see lots of pics of Jeeps rolling etc. Did insurance cover the damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Gonna depend on your insurance company. You'll need to ask your agent that question unless you want to post up who you insure with and see if anyone is familiar with their policies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Metlife.Agent is checking into it. He wasnt sure either. They charge extra for 4WD but dont know if they would claim its not "normal driving conditions" or some BS. I ve seen a lot of post where people had damage and was wondering if any claimed it through insurance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

USAA covers me... I didn't even have to ask. The lady just told me as I was adding the JK to my policy. I figure she either knew that a 2 door JK was likely to go off road, or USAA has a list that comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #5 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

"full coverage" can mean a lot of different things. Generally speaking that only means enough to fullfill loan aggreements.

Comprehensive should cover offroad damage. Same as it would if you slid into a snow embankment.

I have Farmers and they replaced my engine when I hydrolocked it.

Insurance MAY not cover aftermarket items. Keep good recipts and pictures of the items installed on your rig.

The policy changes in details from company to company so the only good source of info is your agent. If they say something is covered I would ask for that in writing to be on the safe side
post #6 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

As long as you weren't entered in a "contest of speed," most insurance companies will cover off-roading. Circa late 2006, GEICO took care of damage to my TJ my roomie did while trying to crawl a 6' bank. Even though he wasn't on my policy, they covered me 100%, and my shop even let me throw in a few aftermarket bits, since they were ~ the same $ or cheaper, and they got the overage- a win/win situation, I think
Just talk to Metlife and see what they say- if it's no, there's always someone else who'll take your $- just ask up front! Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
post #7 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

so USAA does cover trail damage? i got USAA and i asked if they would replace all my mods. told me just to take pics.. i was suprised.. but my buddy has USAA and he wrecked his jeep on i95 and they replaced his winch and aftermarkert bumper.. so maybe im with someone good..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

post #8 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Rock God

I too have USAA they are the best company out there (my opinion of course) I have had them since I started driving and I have never had an issue at all. their agents are always willing to go that extra mile for the client. Something you really dont find too often anymore.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm with USAA, too. After the things I've heard about them, I'm not sure I'll ever even consider using anyone else for insurance.

USAA :thumbsup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode