Jeep financing - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep financing

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone knows how long the 0% for
72 months is going to last and if it is for JKs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 10:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

Incentives change monthly, and almost always with no warning/heads-up of what's to come.
There is $1,500 bonus cash on Wrangler- no special financing, at least in the Northeast- Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
post #3 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
gpb
Wheeler

Jeep.com is showing 0% for 36, 48, 60, and 72 months as an incentive for 2008 model Wranglers in the southeast and not showing for 2009's.

Two thoughts here: First, if you have to finance a vehicle for six years to make it affordable then you're buying too much vehicle. You're upside down for too long; it limits your options too much. Not a wise choice.

Second, any leftover 2008's become two year old Jeep's when the first 2010 model hits the lot. Resale and insurance payout values only consider the model year; they don't care when you bought it, they just care what the blue book says. Make sure you factor that loss of value into what you pay. I wouldn't touch a 2008 unless I was getting it for at least $2500-3000 less than the equivalent 2009. (that's in terms of negotiated prices not sticker)

'09 Unlimited Rubicon with a few gewgaws and doodads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Just ran a search- there isn't one '08 Wrangler showing up in Dealer Connect in the entire Northeast.
Otherwise, fully agreed with the above. Take the $1,500 on an '09, and you'll be a lot better off than on an '08 with 0%. Re-fi in 6-9 months if your APR is too high, and you'll be in fine shape- Mark W.

post #5 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the input, yea I did a little more research it stinks that it is only for 2008. The only reason that I am looking to finance is bc I just got a teaching job fresh out of college and don't have the funds right now but since it is only on the 08 I'll guess I am going to wait for something better to come along...I really want a wrangler, but my other car still get me from point a to b, but thats about the only thing it does!
post #6 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There's absolutely no reason not to stretch the loan out of 6 years if you're getting 0%. It's a free loan, stretch it as far as they'll let you! Get GAP coverage and call it a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 01:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I just watched a jeep tv commercial and they said even if you don't have a "clunker" to trade in,they are still offering a $4500.00 incentive on dodge,chrysler,and jeep.Might be worth checking out.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #8 of 12 Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 PM

i've been thinking about selling the 2 door to buy a 4 door. WOW i cant find a rubicon unlimited. very few out there. found one in colarado for sticker price.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
There's absolutely no reason not to stretch the loan out of 6 years if you're getting 0%. It's a free loan, stretch it as far as they'll let you! Get GAP coverage and call it a day.
Totally, agree.
Also, look at Edmunds and do a True Market Value price report. It will give you more bargaining power if the dealerships don't want to play nicely. We just started the paperwork yesterday to get my son a 2010 Mazda 3 today. They have to get it from somewhere else in the state so we are paying $200 over invoice. I didn't have to haggle or anything. This is the 4th vehicle I have purchased from the guy I went through.
One other thing to be leery of is the extended warranty. Check with other locals to see how friendly or not the dealership is/was about warranty work. Especially, with offroad type repairs. I personally, would not get an extended warranty. Everything is negotiable.

mark

2010 Rubicon Silver
Rugged Ridge XHD front Bumper
Shorty Antenna
post #10 of 12 Old 07-29-2009, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
I just watched a jeep tv commercial and they said even if you don't have a "clunker" to trade in,they are still offering a $4500.00 incentive on dodge,chrysler,and jeep.Might be worth checking out.
None of that money goes to Wranglers, though. It's $1,500 bonus cash only on '09's (at least here in the Northeast).

Also, as for 72 months at 0%, that's, as I said, only on '08's, which are virtually non-existent at this point. In general, however, it isn't a bad idea if you plan to keep the vehicle for that long, and as long as you have GAP insurance.
The Wranglers just sell too well to get a lot of incentive. They are the best salesroduction vehicle Chrysler makes, short of the Viper, due to very limited production of that vehicle- Mark W.

post #11 of 12 Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well I am looking for a 4 door and I know it is hard to find good incentives on them...i talked to someone that bought one a couple of years ago in Oct. and got 0%, but she had to ask about it...so they were not going to tell her. I am planning on keeping it for a while, eventually want to just have it as a play toy I also know a person that had a lot of trouble with the dealership in Huntsville, bc they had to take all these steps when she told them what it was and kept having to take it back to them...it was under warranty so that kind of worries me.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
gpb
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I respectfully disagree. GAP coverage only pays enough to cover your loan amount in a total-loss situation. Doesn't help with any money you put down.

You're still screwed if you need to sell the vehicle while upside down. Trading and folding the amount into the new loan just digs the hole deeper. I know we never intend to have to unload a Jeep early and have every intention of keeping them forever, but sometimes things change. IMHO it's just not smart to put yourself in that sort of position.

'09 Unlimited Rubicon with a few gewgaws and doodads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode