Paint Issues? Anyone? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-03-2013, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Paint Issues? Anyone?

So I was on my way out this afternoon and when I walked by my Jeep something caught my eye on the nose of my hood, but not quite on the end...more like on the nose but in the middle of the hood. MISSING PAINT! The paint was missing down to the primer; about a fingernail's worth of it. It is also bubbling up around the area where it's missing.

I made sure to take a good look for any sign of what may have caused the damage; a rock chip gone bad, a ding, bird shit, anything. I wasn't able to come up with a conclusion as to what caused it.

I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow afternoon and apparently the dealership manager has to examine it and make a decision from there. Given Chrysler's track record in the past for honoring any sort of work pertaining to either warranties or otherwise, I'm not feeling confident this issue will be resolved and I'm imagining myself bent over with spread buttcheeks and a gaping rectum after all is said and done...and an empty wallet.

So, has anyone else had any weird paint issue or is this something that may just be "one of those things?"

- Dan

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-03-2013, 04:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Door hinge paint issues-yes

Roll bar not fully painted-yes

Odd random bubble/missing paint-no

Sounds like toxic bird shit that washed off or some type of solvent from the road maybe.

I drove my old Nissan over some newly installed road reflectors once and the shit they use for adhesive fucked that paint up-it was a lease and I just used a small bottle of touchup when I turned it in on the bare spots

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #3 of 7 Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post

Sounds like toxic bird shit that washed off or some type of solvent from the road maybe.

I drove my old Nissan over some newly installed road reflectors once and the shit they use for adhesive fucked that paint up-it was a lease and I just used a small bottle of touchup when I turned it in on the bare spots

I don't think I'm gonna be able to cover this with touchup paint. Basically, the paint is peeling away from the damaged area, kinda like an onion.

- Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Rock God

Well mine was getting all chipped up from road rocks, so I sanded the front part of my hood and bed lined the shit out of it. Its about 5-7" wide and goes all the way across the hood. looks nice if you ask me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #5 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Rock God

cut it out and install a louver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post

This ^^^^^ Mostly the door hinge and hood hinge but thats about it

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010jk View Post
Well mine was getting all chipped up from road rocks, so I sanded the front part of my hood and bed lined the shit out of it. Its about 5-7" wide and goes all the way across the hood. looks nice if you ask me.
Pics?

Someone mentioned a louver but the top of the hood isn't where the issue is.

- Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode