Two different questions!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-27-2009, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Two different questions!!!!

Okay my first question is.......where can I find the little sleeve that goes over the soft top when it is in the down position? I'm not sure if it was supposed to come with the JK or not but I don't have one and really want one.

Second question: When I bought my JK it had a set of 4 XD Hoss wheels on it. The dealer said they were 18x9. I'm trying to buy a 5th to match but I have no clue what the offset or backspacing is on the wheels I'm currently on. Is there a place actually on the wheel that will have that information or is there some other way to find that information without actually looking at the wheels. I was thinking I could call the dealership but would they actually have that information on file? I would go measure myself but obviously im in a position where I can't LOL kinda at a dead end and I'd like to have that 5th wheel waiting for me when I get home.....

Thanks in advance!

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-27-2009, 06:59 AM
gpb
Wheeler

It's called a soft top boot. They're not included (new jeeps with dual tops come with a throw-away soft top wrap not meant to be used again). Mopar sells a boot, and there is at least one aftermarket version as well. That's all I know; since they apparently don't fit if you have a Besttop Flexatrunk, I've not researched them any further.

'09 Unlimited Rubicon with a few gewgaws and doodads
post #3 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
It's called a soft top boot. They're not included (new jeeps with dual tops come with a throw-away soft top wrap not meant to be used again). Mopar sells a boot, and there is at least one aftermarket version as well. That's all I know; since they apparently don't fit if you have a Besttop Flexatrunk, I've not researched them any further.
Cool thanks I guess I'll go ahead and grab one then.

Any takers on my other question????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge8604 View Post
Any takers on my other question????
Try this... have someone measure it for you if they can get to it.... I remember that we parked ours in a secure lot when we deployed.. no one got in or out..... so that may not be an option.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace

And without having the ability to measure the wheel I would at least try and email the dealership where you bought it. Tell them your situation and ask for help. I bet they would go out of their way to help you out. If they don't then poop in a box and mail it to them for not being patriotic.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 07-29-2009 at 09:43 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Wheeler

Just went through the same thing. When I bought mine I saw wheels and tires on another jeep that at the dealerhip that I wanted on mine. 285 70 R17'2 with Ultra goliath wheels. Didnt notice the spare was the standard 255 and jeep wheel because the dealer had a tire cover over the spare. Looked on Ebay Craigs etc and called manufacturer, No luck and manufacturer said wheel was on back order. Called the dealership and had one in a week. He tracked one down somewhere else. I have an 07 and 2 years later was able to get help from the dealership. They knew the wheels back space etc. I wuld try your dealer first.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Rock God

Did a little search for you and it looks like those wheels are a 18mm offset which according to Mr.RonGilberts link give you a backspacing pretty close to 5.75 in. If your planning on getting the same wheels it looks like their is only one offset for the 5 x 5 (5x127) bolt pattern. And heres a link.
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_wheel...795%20Hoss%20B
post #7 of 7 Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well thats the thing, the XD is offered in two different backspacing and two different offsets for the 5x5 bolt pattern (im pretty sure thats the only differences I noticed) So its one or the other, I just need to get the measurements.

My grandmother has my baby in storage for me so maybe she could get the measurements but I'm not sure she'd have a clue what she's doing.....guess I'll just have to call the dealership. I haven't talked to them in a while, hopefully they didn't go out of business

And thanks for the link Ron, very informative! Can't say I aint learned anything new today.

Here's the two I have to choose from:

1st Choice

&&&

2nd Choice

Thanks again for the help yall!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode