Poly Performance Order AWOL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Poly Performance Order AWOL

I have ordered from Poly Performance on numerous occasions but this time it has gone astray. I live in the country and work on the road so I order material to be there when I get home. This time Poly shipped through FEDEX and instituted a signature requirement. Always shipped the previous orders through UPS and never had an issue. UPS knows to drive in the gate to the house and always leaves the package on the covered porch.
Poly was unable to help with the issue and the package was not left at my residence. Now they expect me to drive 40 miles or more one way to pick it up. That isnít going to happen. Although this could happen with other suppliers it has not in more than twenty years and I order a lot of items over the internet since I live in a location without much around. Just a warning for the rest of you that live in an remote area or will not be home to include a phrase in the memo box to ship without a signature required or not at all and to ship UPS in my case.

2011 JK Rubicon - 5.7 VVT, 545 RFE transmission, Areoforce Gauges, Coast 1310 Drive Shafts, ORW Transmission Cooler, Metalcloak control arms & 2.5" Springs, Bilstien 5100, 4.56 Gears, Teraflex Front Big Brakes, C Gussets, GenRight Front & rear bumpers, LOD Rock Rails, 9.5 SR Superwinch, SPOD, Viair compressor, Boom Mat, Backup Camera, Truck-Lite Headlights, Rigid D2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Granite Guru

Would you like some cheese with that whine? Did you even bother to call them?

Its not a fashion show
post #3 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have corresponded with them several times to no avail so it is not whining. In the long run I will refuse the charges since it was not delivered but someone else who happens to live in a rural area and are not home allot can learn from this as I have. Apparently your reading comprehension skills are quite low.

2011 JK Rubicon - 5.7 VVT, 545 RFE transmission, Areoforce Gauges, Coast 1310 Drive Shafts, ORW Transmission Cooler, Metalcloak control arms & 2.5" Springs, Bilstien 5100, 4.56 Gears, Teraflex Front Big Brakes, C Gussets, GenRight Front & rear bumpers, LOD Rock Rails, 9.5 SR Superwinch, SPOD, Viair compressor, Boom Mat, Backup Camera, Truck-Lite Headlights, Rigid D2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 05:46 PM
WINNAR!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdave View Post
I have corresponded with them several times to no avail so it is not whining. In the long run I will refuse the charges since it was not delivered but someone else who happens to live in a rural area and are not home allot can learn from this as I have. Apparently your reading comprehension skills are quite low.
You learned from this? I'd consider that a win. Pick up the phone and talk with Poly before you order next time. Having experienced Poly's customer support first hand I would say it is great.

With all due respect... if this is the first order you've had messed up in over 20 years I'd say you have better luck than I do. Pretty sure it says Poly Performance. Not FedEx Performance. You can't blame one for the other.

Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Vin
Granite Guru

Is there no way to have FedEx redeliver when you know you'll be home, or perhaps delivered to neighbor that you will be home? This seems to be more of an issue with FedEx than Poly Performance.
post #6 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 PM
WINNAR!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Is there no way to have FedEx redeliver when you know you'll be home, or perhaps delivered to neighbor that you will be home? This seems to be more of an issue with FedEx than Poly Performance.
Funny FedEx Commercial Beach Holiday - YouTube

Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nah, guys. It's all Poly's fault. Didn't you read his post above? Your reading comprehension skills must be quite low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #8 of 16 Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 PM
JKO Addict!

My FedEx driver sucks too, he leaves all my stuff in my mailbox because he is to lazy to drive to my house and my mailbox is no where near my house
post #9 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Rock God

its polys fault that fedex cant bring your stuff to your door and leave it there????

find your local fedex delivery place, call them up, talk to them and set up a time for their driver to be there. OR, tell them to leave a tag on your door that you can sign if they absolutely must have a signature and they will leave it the next day.

why dont you try working your issues out completely before you start slamming a good vendor for delivery issues that have nothing to do with them?
post #10 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

I didn't take it as him trashing Poly, just a heads up to let people know, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #11 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

Damn, give the guy a break. I didnt read it as a slam on Poly, just info that you selectt he right carrier options if you live in the boonies.

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #12 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I have ordered from Poly /Synergy many many times; when it is of high-value ( what isn't?) I have attempted to leave door or delivery guy notes in HUGE marker in unavoidable easily seen locations and it is always the delivery person that F's it up; Poly just ships each day what it is obligated to per your order; it is up to you to make the appropriate arrangements for delivery reception if you live in the boonies or cannot be home. Those dudes in the brown trucks or FedEx wagons care about one thing & that is getting their route done and off work on schedule. They wont read a darned note if you pinned it to their steering wheel and I suggest , next time , you use the tracking online and make arrangements to be at the establishment /residence awaiting the delivery. Poly Performance is superbly reliable and I have no doubt that they met their obligation appropriately; I am betting your location + the one time attempt + something not met on the order criteria ( check online, again as to what is occuring per tracking number) is why this occurred,

post #13 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Rock God

You choose to live in what I presume is a beautiful, quiet rural area. There are many pros to this. But also, many cons. In these 20 years, this is the first time something has happened during a delivery? Wow, that's pretty damn good! Something as little as a minor delivery that in no way affects you living. I would be looking at the positives and not the negatives. I hope you never need to call for an ambulance for yourself or a child or need the fire dept. Because your house is on fire. I really hope not. Sure, an inconvenience has occurred. But in the grande scheme of things... Pretty minor! Call up Fedex. Work something out.
post #14 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
My FedEx driver sucks too, he leaves all my stuff in my mailbox because he is to lazy to drive to my house and my mailbox is no where near my house
Good one Jaker. LMFAO.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #15 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Granite Guru

post #16 of 16 Old 09-29-2013, 05:35 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I was waiting for a small order from poly on Friday ( pinion seal and pinion nut) expected delivery Friday.. Was kinda surprised to see it wasn't there.. Although there was a stick from FedEx on the door, that said poly required a signature.. It also stated that they would try to make delivery on Monday and if I wanted the, to leave I could indicate that on the sticky and sign it??

I assume I'll be getting it tomorrow, did they not leave the sticky for you ?

Although I was a little surprised to see they needed a signature for 9 dollars worth of parts, when they have left hundred and hundreds of dollars sitting on my porch .

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode