duster deck cover?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-23-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

duster deck cover??

Anyone running/had any issues with the duster deck cover windjammer setup?

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals.~Colman McCarthy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

IMO the windjammer is useless. When parked, it does nothing but allow the water to run off the bikini and into the gap between the back seats, and the duster cover. Also, I had a fair amount of water in the back storage box after a solid rain on monday. It's a good thing there is a drain plug back there.
This is making me think about yanking out the carpets, as the only real solution to the water leak would be to either not use it and keep the soft top (boo!), or keep a trail cover with me at all times (which I'm doing). While driving, there is very little water getting into the Jeep. As for the duster cover, I've had no issues to date.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok thanks for the input. after hearing that I will prolly just save my $$ for the ORH top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg5819 View Post
IMO the windjammer is useless. When parked, it does nothing but allow the water to run off the bikini and into the gap between the back seats, and the duster cover. Also, I had a fair amount of water in the back storage box after a solid rain on monday. It's a good thing there is a drain plug back there.
This is making me think about yanking out the carpets, as the only real solution to the water leak would be to either not use it and keep the soft top (boo!), or keep a trail cover with me at all times (which I'm doing). While driving, there is very little water getting into the Jeep. As for the duster cover, I've had no issues to date.
do you have the wrap around windjammer
post #5 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerobx View Post
do you have the wrap around windjammer
nope.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Wheeler

Bestop experience:

The Duster looks nice, but the problem is it isn't all that tight, so water pools on top.

The Windjammer designed for a 4 door is useless and water runs straight down inside of it.

The Bikini top for 4 door, with door surrounds isn't a good fit and leaks.

The Bikini top for the 4 door, without door surrounds fills full of water, balloons really bad, and leaks.

With as bad as all the parts leak, I run without and only keep the top on if I know it's going to pour, that way at least part of my seats will stay dry.

Oh, and Bestops customer service orally pleasures sausages.

I know that Jeeps tend to leak a bit, and I stopped caring that the inside gets wet. But the factory soft-top doesn't leak nearly as bad as this POS combo.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Granite Guru

No input on the Unlimited, but for the 2 door-

The windjammer is useless. It mounts to the back of the front seat brackets, so it is too close to the seats. You can't put your seat very far back at all, and I am only 5'7". As I said, useless. The window is so small it creates a giant blind spot to the driver's left if you want to change lanes...

In my case, the duster deck cover was so tight it made dents in my rail putting it on. Still pissed about that.

Haven't had either one on since the first time I put 'em on for a few weeks two years ago. Waste of $$. I think Bestop gave the design for the JK version of these to a kindergarten class for a project. No, wait, that would have turned out better. I loved my TJ windjammer and duster, hate the JK pair.

My first mistake was buying these...my biggest mistake was not returning them the day after I got them.

The bikini top is ok. Not great, just ok.

07 Jeep Green 2 door Rubicon; OME Std suspension; 33" BFG KM2; Shrockworks stubby front, Expedition One rear bumpers, JKS adj trackbars f/r, Poly HD tie rod, Moog TRE on drag link.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have been running the bikini and duster for a few months now, I personally love it. It's nice to have things covered up in the back for running into stores, etc. I haven't had any of the problems others have had though. Water does pool on the duster in the rain, but I just do a "fast turn" maneuver and most of it runs off of the side. Water doesn't bother me like some others though, I have just gotten used to riding around with wet ass, mud ass, (haven't had the doors on for quite some time now and BTW IROKs and cut fenders throw A LOT of mud into the cab ).
post #9 of 19 Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Love mine.
post #10 of 19 Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Rock God

Garage

i love the duster, it encloses the trunk on a trail ride and it looks better, keeping wandering eyes out of yoru rig

windjammer doesnt do a whle lot but i love my duster/bikini setup

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #11 of 19 Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Bikini and duster here as well. Can't go wrong with the combo, IMO.
post #12 of 19 Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 AM
JKO Addict!

add me to the list.... it looks like this is what santa is getting me along wtih the Sun Bonnet (Bikini top)

Only concern is the back seats getting wet... ohh well... I don't sit in the back seat
post #13 of 19 Old 12-23-2009, 08:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
add me to the list.... it looks like this is what santa is getting me along wtih the Sun Bonnet (Bikini top)

Only concern is the back seats getting wet... ohh well... I don't sit in the back seat
That was nice of Santa!

Did you end up with the Mopar?
post #14 of 19 Old 12-23-2009, 08:08 AM
JKO Addict!

I would love to have the besttop windjammer, but since they moved thier production to mexico I will not do business with them. Still pissed about that.
post #15 of 19 Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
That was nice of Santa!

Did you end up with the Mopar?

Yes, Why? I just haven't had Santa order it... got the approval from the "boss" and i was all giddy
post #16 of 19 Old 12-24-2009, 09:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post

Yes, Why? I just haven't had Santa order it... got the approval from the "boss" and i was all giddy
Just wondering what you decided on after we were posting in the Bestop Bikini Top thread.
post #17 of 19 Old 12-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Rock God

I've got one of those combo bikini/safari tops and duster and like the set up too. You can zip off the back of the safari if you want to go bikini. from rampage.

~ Clam
post #18 of 19 Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM

Everything for $250

I am selling the whole setup for $250 must live in Metroplex, DFW Texas.
I used my duster for about four months. It includes the windjammer, Dustercover, and Bikini for a JK. Also the tailgate pieces and door guards for someone who has the hardtop and needs all parts.
And yes it does leak because there is a huge hole towards the back seats. I would say if you are planning on using this to keep the rain out completely then you better not use this cover. As you can see my JK is dead and so I thought someone should enjoy this since it won't fit the commander.
I personally loved this cover and got tons of looks. Just ask the wife I think she enjoyed it to much.

post #19 of 19 Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Granite Guru

Ah, Dude, you gotta recap this accident, with pic, in a separate thread. Glad your well enough to type about it. & Welcome, post #1

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode