My Trip to Tucson, AZ - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My Trip to Tucson, AZ

Just letting everyone know that I made it back in one piece. Did the Nashville to Tucson drive and man was it a drive. Had a blast though, made it there a day before father's day and drove back before the 4th. The JK did great on MPG versus what I thought would get. The computer said 22.5 with 23.5 being the best average (going through NM). Funny thing, going thru the border patrol checkpoint the attending officer was commenting on my stock JK. A few others on the side, monitoring some type of equipment, said nice Jeep as well. Never had some many compliments on a stock Wrangler but those guys are driving Rubicons... .

Here is my old man taking the wheel at Mt. Lemmon.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats on a good safe trip

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #3 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I never been to Mt Lemon, looks like a nice trip.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Do you know about the old 'jeep trail' that takes you down the back side of Mt. Lemon? It ends up in the town of Oracle. A fun day trip, wheeling but no lockers or spoter needed.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 8 Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Glad to hear you made there and back with no issues. I'm looking forward to going out west again with the Jeep. The last time it was more of a family visiting trip. Zero wheeling unless you count the fs road across the Sandia Mountain in Albuquerque.

What did you think of Arizona? We went there in '04 and I was amazed by the diversity of the landscape from one area to another.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Glad to hear you made there and back with no issues. I'm looking forward to going out west again with the Jeep. The last time it was more of a family visiting trip. Zero wheeling unless you count the fs road across the Sandia Mountain in Albuquerque.

What did you think of Arizona? We went there in '04 and I was amazed by the diversity of the landscape from one area to another.
Diversity of terrain makes Arizona one of the best places to own and wheel a jeep!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Do you know about the old 'jeep trail' that takes you down the back side of Mt. Lemon? It ends up in the town of Oracle. A fun day trip, wheeling but no lockers or spoter needed.
Yeah, my dad used to drive that trail in his old CJ. We were planning on doing something like that but with monsoon season, did not want to end up in a wash. Sucks too b/c we had a few of his friends that were planning on a Jeep ride but backed out due to the rain.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Diversity of terrain makes Arizona one of the best places to own and wheel a jeep!

Jason
I love Arizona just for that reason alone. Especially up in Mesa, did the Salt River float and was amazed at the terrain and heat (116 degrees that day). May look at moving out to AZ sometime in the next few years....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode