What are brand new rubi 44s and transfer case worth? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-21-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Talking What are brand new rubi 44s and transfer case worth?

Building another new unlimited rig. Want to run dynatrac axles and atlas 4spd. The dana 30 and stock transfer case on a sahara are not worth squat... Whereas both 44s and transfer case from the rubi have a resell value to finance the dynatracs and atlas.

The entire "business case" depends on selling the 44s and transfer case. Otherwise i will pick up a sahara and build it up but be stuck with extra parts which have little value.

Sahara is around 33-34k and the rubi is ~39k.

Thanks for your input in advance.

2008 JK Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For pics see my gallery (thread pics are gone)
Unimog u 1300 steering axles, Full hydro front and rear, 8.1 l Vortec big block with nv4500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Rock God

$1000 for the t case and $3-4k for the axles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 8 Old 09-21-2013, 05:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Check with motech, they buy the sahara and sport boxes to use on gm ls swaps. I think they give $500 for them.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 05:46 AM
JKO Addict!

They are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. That's the world's shittiest answer but it's perpetually true. I would list them on the classifieds outlets of your choice and put a timeline on the sale....during that time take bids and sell to the highest bidder until the timeline expires. You just never know what this stuff is going to go for. Fortunately, there is a reasonable demand for everything you're selling.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #5 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayw View Post
Building another new unlimited rig. Want to run dynatrac axles and atlas 4spd. The dana 30 and stock transfer case on a sahara are not worth squat... Whereas both 44s and transfer case from the rubi have a resell value to finance the dynatracs and atlas.

The entire "business case" depends on selling the 44s and transfer case. Otherwise i will pick up a sahara and build it up but be stuck with extra parts which have little value.

Sahara is around 33-34k and the rubi is ~39k.

Thanks for your input in advance.
Suppose the Sahara parts are only worth $1000 altogether. If you buy the Sahara and sell the parts you're down 32-33k.

If you buy the Rubi for 39k, you 'll have to sell the Rubi parts for 6-7k just to break even. You're risking a loss, and in order to come out ahead you'd need to sell the parts for more than 6-7k, which seems unrealistic to me.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the feedback gents.

2008 JK Rubicon

Unimog u 1300 steering axles, Full hydro front and rear, 8.1 l Vortec big block with nv4500
post #7 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Granite Guru

If we knew where you were from , maybe we could make you an offer on the parts.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Montreal Canada

Will post it in the for sale section as soon as i close the deal. Will update thread with the link to the for sale add.

Thanks very much

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 JK Rubicon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode