High Wall Popup towing - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

High Wall Popup towing

Does anyone tow a high wall popup with their JK? My wife and I have been looking around and found one that we really like but I wonder how it will tow. The popup is approx 3000 lbs empty. I have a 07 JKU auto with a 3" lift 35s and 5.38 gears. I have the factory tow package, brake controller and a trans cooler. I would plan on a weight distribution hitch and swaybar also. It will be myself, wife and 2 young kids mainly in Michigan and surrounding states, but no mountains.

JKU Rubicon 3" Lift 37" Toyos on ATX Slabs, Teraflex Hinged Carrier, BFH Rear with hitch, JCR Dagger front bumper, Warn 9.5XP, JCR Skids, Artec Front Axle Armor, 5.38 Gears, 6.4 Hemi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Wheeler

First off, I don't have any experience towing with the JK...yet.

We just bought a pop up, but I looked long and hard for a trailer that was big enough for us, but as light as possible. All of the newer aluminum trailers (like Livin' Lite) are a lot more than we wanted to spend, so we eneded up buying a vintage 1970 Wheel Camper pop up off of Craigslist. 10' box @ 1000 lbs dry!

Given that the JK struggles without a trailer behind it, I would be concerned with pulling a 3000 lb dry trailer + "stuff" with a vehicle that has a 3500 lb load rating and an anemic engine...

2007 Rescue Green JKU Sahara 6-spd, Gobi Rack
2.5" RK, 35" M/T-R's, Evo Skids, Evo Rock Stars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode