4 Wheel Parts Jeep Fest - Denver Mechandise Mart show - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-15-2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

4 Wheel Parts Jeep Fest - Denver Mechandise Mart show

Anyone else here go to the Denver Merchandise Mart for the 4 Wheel Parts Jeep fest show, or one of the three others around the country this year? Just curious about your experience there.

I picked up some bumpers, wheels/tires, and accessories. I do think the hype was a bit humorous. It was like 'No better deals ever by anyone anywhere! You will not find lower prices period!'. So I ordered my bumpers from the Rugged Ridge rep and he wrote up an order to take to the cashier. As he's writing it, I'm looking at the prices....and they are at least 15% higher than pretty much anywhere else I've seen them. But, I get 10% off of that! Which is still a lot higher than I can get them for elsewhere... The tire deal is standard pricing, but then 10% off that, not bad I suppose.

I took it to my cashier/sales rep, whom I had communicated with earlier - the guy that had urged me to come down so he could get me unbeatable prices he couldn't offer me otherwise- and explained the pricing compared to 'XXXX' which undercut it dramatically and also offered free shipping. He got the prices down a lot from the rep's, but ended up basically matching Quadratec's prices (still a few bucks higher than the absolute lowest I'd found online), I had to pay taxes.

In the end I get to pick it all up locally in one place at one time, which is nice. It was also nice to see all the vendors in one spot and be able to talk to them and see the products. But place for smokin' deals on the gear you want, it ain't. If I had to do it again I'd probably order it online with free shipping and avoid the trip and crowds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

It gets better....

On Sunday when I made the purchase I was told to give them a few days to get re-organized and they would have everything available for pickup today. This was a good thing, because Saturday I leave for a week-long wheeling trip with my family. I got an email this morning, and everything will be in-store and ready for pickup next Tuesday.. How very .
post #3 of 5 Old 07-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Rock God

If the stuff wasnt cheaper then why would you buy it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Couple of reasons...he got it down to within a few dollars (literally) of the lowest prices I'd seen, I got everything I was after in one fell swoop (everyone else seems to be out of stock on a couple of things and has been for months), and I could get it before my wheeling trip (or so I thought).

I dunno, sounds like decent reasons to me!
post #5 of 5 Old 07-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Rock God

How about list what you ordered with pricing and we can see what we(myself and other vendors here) can do for you on getting it any sooner or cheaper.

James

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode