Crosspost since I'm banned... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Crosspost since I'm banned...

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=75931

If anyone happens to read or post over there, just some FYI...

1. Those tube flares were a slapped together prototype that were barely even on the Jeep for the SEMA show. Pretty common practice for manufacturer's at SEMA.

2. Those prototypes do not and will not resemble our final product. In fact we've chosen to put the entire project on hold due to equipment shortcomings. Once some new goodies come in, we'll be starting production up again.

Just so you know.

- Jason

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

just read that whole thread. OMG. it is amazing to hear all the ridiculous information on there and how the fanboyz follow. I really feel so bad for all the new Jeep owners out there that do not know any better and base thier understanding of the Jeep world from that forum.

It is also sad that a lot of those JK owners are new and do not understand how small JKF is in the offroad world. Most of the companies that get bashed have been in this biz for years and across many different platforms.

Just hope they wake before irreversibile damage is done
post #3 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Did I read that thread right??? I don't remember who posted it but does someone really believe Sahara fenders are more rigid than Rubi or X standard black fenders due to the primer/paint/clear coat? Joking right? Seriously? (<---thanks Gold Knight)

Who makes the emoticons on this forum? I'd the one I've seen where the lil guy is scratching his head in confusion with a question mark above his head please ...surely someone was joking around, I'll just go with that so I can rest this evening.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 05-29-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

um...no. That was Robar and WOL that were saying that and were shooting down those that said they were the same
post #5 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

EDIT> No worries. I remember seeing a thread here a while ago about that one over there. Seems to be status quo for banned vendors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
Did I read that thread right??? I don't remember who posted it but does someone really believe Sahara fenders are more rigid than Rubi or X standard black fenders due to the primer/paint/clear coat? Joking right? Seriously?

Who makes the emoticons on this forum? I'd the one I've seen where the lil guy is scratching his head in confusion with a question mark above his head please ...surely someone was joking around, I'll just go with that so I can rest this evening.
You mean this one? About halfway down on the right just above < the Texan avitar.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 05-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.
post #6 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
um...no. That was Robar and WOL that were saying that and were shooting down those that said they were the same
Goodness! Well certainly the composite material between the X, Rubi & Sahara for fenders are the same with the Sahara composite just being manufactured by a smoothed injected mold. I'm not a Chrysler engineer so I can't confirm the fender material composition. But "technically" speaking anyone with a little common sense can see how (quote) "technically" two coats of automotive epoxy primer, paint color and clear coat would from an engineering standpoint be a (tiny bit stiffer) than the exact composite material fender without a coating. Regardless it would cause damage to the JK body regardless of this "tiny bit stiffer" condition, I've seen a couple of X & Rubi bodies damaged from stock fenders, just takes enough force.

Back on topic, Jason @Warrior if you guys are considering re-tooling your shop, etc for fenders could you please possibly consider some body armor that your redesigned fenders could actually attach to? Also are you guys considering ditching diamond plate fenders? Would be awesome.

post #7 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Granite Guru

That is just painful to read.

It totally depends on the angle of impact whether a painted/ non-painted fender is going to do body damage. That WOL guy hurts my head.

2013 Billet Silver Rubicon Unlimited
2009 Sunburst Orange Rubicon Unlimited - SOLD
post #8 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Did I read that thread right??? I don't remember who posted it but does someone really believe Sahara fenders are more rigid than Rubi or X standard black fenders due to the primer/paint/clear coat? Joking right? Seriously?

Having held an unpainted one in my hand, and seen the price difference, they are, in fact, different, but shouldn't be so different in that one owuld cause body damage while the other wouldn't.

In fact, yes, they are a firmer plastic, but that plastic does not have a higher ultimate strength than the plastic used in the X fenders. In fact, that plastic has a much lower break point than the X fenders (which have a longer bend knee in their performance).

What does that boil down to? The painted fenders are more likely to break in a hard hit and absorb energy in that way, vs the bending of the X fenders. It does not, generally, mean that they would be more likely to cause body damage than the X fenders. In fact, I might say that their rigidity and low breaking point would result in LESS energy being transferred to the body in impact.

But what do I know? I've only broken two Sahara fenders in impact.

And, yes, ask TxRubiRig how little body damage can occur with the stock X flares. (Take a look at that passenger rear qrtr panel.)

!c
post #9 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Back on topic, Jason @Warrior if you guys are considering re-tooling your shop, etc for fenders could you please possibly consider some body armor that your redesigned fenders could actually attach to? Also are you guys considering ditching diamond plate fenders? Would be awesome.
We're not considering re-tooling the shop, we are just working on the purchase of a tube bender that will allow us to do what we want to do.

As for the body armor, I can't guarantee we'll be doing anything like that. We'll be exploring new things as time moves along, can't say what we'll be getting into building.

We'll not be ditching diamond plate, but as with all of our diamond plate products, they're additionally available in smooth steel. The first TJ set we did we're an all steel paint matched set.

Jason

post #10 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ Warrior View Post
We're not considering re-tooling the shop, we are just working on the purchase of a tube bender that will allow us to do what we want to do.

As for the body armor, I can't guarantee we'll be doing anything like that. We'll be exploring new things as time moves along, can't say what we'll be getting into building.

We'll not be ditching diamond plate, but as with all of our diamond plate products, they're additionally available in smooth steel. The first TJ set we did we're an all steel paint matched set.

Jason
Thanks, look forward to seeing the new products with smooth or diamond options.
post #11 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Thanks, look forward to seeing the new products with smooth or diamond options.
Just FYI it will be a long while before you see any JK flares come available on the market.

post #12 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ Warrior View Post
Just FYI it will be a long while before you see any JK flares come available on the market.

Noted, assumed as much, but it's all good, R&D takes time.
post #13 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Rock God

The level of douchebagery in that thread is just astounding…
post #14 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 01:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangling Steel View Post
The level of douchebagery in that thread is just astounding…
I love it! I am so glad to have left that forum.
post #15 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Granite Guru

I just love how that moderator comes back and rides that Wayoflife's dudes nuts after every single post. He must be sucking him off on the side...
post #16 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

Can someone boil down what this is all about for me? I really dont wanna go read that gay forum.

post #17 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Rock God

Bsically from what I gather, Warrior made some flares in a hurry to meet a dealine for the SEMA show. A picture got posted of them pre-paint or something showing bondo. Then they go on to bash Warrior for using bondo and hiding poor workmanship. A picture got posted of a gap between the body and the fender. Then WOL shows pix of what steel fenders do to the body (damage) if they take a hit vs the plastic ones. I didnt read it all but that's what I gathered. Hard to even read threads over there, for some reason the pages load real real slow and when I scroll it moves slowly and in chunks.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #18 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned

OK - that's about what I figured. When is one of you CA boys gonna straighten him out face to face for the rest of us? Dont kick his ass - just scare the lil geek.

post #19 of 22 Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Granite Guru

That's only a half a thread now after they got done deleting and editing posts.

07 Rubi Unlimited , 4.5 clayton longarm, 37" Maxxis treps, AtoZ fabrication, Genright, and Polyperformance
post #20 of 22 Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRShiN View Post
Bsically from what I gather, Warrior made some flares in a hurry to meet a dealine for the SEMA show. A picture got posted of them pre-paint or something showing bondo. Then they go on to bash Warrior for using bondo and hiding poor workmanship. A picture got posted of a gap between the body and the fender. Then WOL shows pix of what steel fenders do to the body (damage) if they take a hit vs the plastic ones. I didnt read it all but that's what I gathered. Hard to even read threads over there, for some reason the pages load real real slow and when I scroll it moves slowly and in chunks.

No bondo used at Warrior, ever...but close enough.

post #21 of 22 Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 PM

one more reason im glad I found this forum,,im here now !!

post #22 of 22 Old 06-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Wow. Just read through that thread. I'm glad I found another site dedicated to the JK. I don't knoiw how many threads I've seen over there where WOL edits the threads to his liking. It's worse than the damn Chinese blocking the internet and media. I feel sorry for anyone new over there as well that has no clue, and is taking in all the misinformation over there. If someone wants ube fenders, they'll by some damn tube fenders. WOL just needs to keep his personal opinions on what he likes on HIS vehicle to HIMSELF. I mean MR LIKA was just talking his experiences with his tube fenders, and he just gets bashed. Just not right.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode