Clutch squeek - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Clutch squeek

I'm taking the Jeep in to have a tire rotation and to have them stop the clutch squeek. I do believe mine falls under the TSB to replace the disc.

Anyone have theirs done under the TSB? Should I expect to be covered under warantee, or will I be expected to fork out some cash?

Thanks,
Duffy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Rock God

I had my clutch worked on twice under the TSB. The way I understood it was that because it is a TSB and not a recall, the dealership had the choice to not cover it under warranty. Mine was, but that was the way I understood it. I was sweating the cost, but if it was too much (turned out to be free/covered) I was planning on doing it myself. Print out a TSB and take it in with you. I've done that for all my work and I get zero questions.

Good Luck

BIG RED JEEP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Rock God

x2. I went to a good reputable dealer that is lift/mod friendly and brought the printed out TSB. They did the clutch TSB for free along with a few other things. I just made sure when I showed up that I got one of the techs out there with me so there would be no "cannot duplicate prblem" thing.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Rock God

I had the throwout bearing, and disc tsb done at 24k. No questions asked...
post #5 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Rock God

My dealer told me (might have been BS) that one superseeded the other.

post #6 of 11 Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks guys.

I printed the TSB and gave it to them. They said they have to order the assembly and will do it next week at no charge. Even gave me a print out that said so. YAY.

I asked if they wanted me to demonstrate the squeek and they said "No, we've had to replace a lot of those. That's why we have to order more parts".

So, I just had the tires rotated and will bring it back next week.

It's my first time using these guys. So far, so good.

Cheers,
Duffy
post #7 of 11 Old 05-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

Where can I find the TSB to print out and does it only cover certain years? I have an 08' with the clutch squeek.

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
post #8 of 11 Old 05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I'm taking the Jeep in to have a tire rotation and to have them stop the clutch squeek. I do believe mine falls under the TSB to replace the disc.

Anyone have theirs done under the TSB? Should I expect to be covered under warantee, or will I be expected to fork out some cash?

Thanks,
Duffy
It should, mine has been replaced 3 times, second time was their brand new improved clutch/disk assembly, 3rd time, just another throwout bearing. This last time Allen Samuels told me Chrysler has red-flagged my Jeep (hoping that would startle me), but it had a reverse affect and I was told "please just know that at anytime you have anymore problems with your clutch we'll take care of you, even if we have to sit down together and call Chrysler and explain the issue". If I'm under warranty they are going to fix it....unless I'm over the legal limit of mods
post #9 of 11 Old 05-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Rock God

depends on your build date if it applies to your 08. Mine was in just under the wire with a build date in Feb08. The dealer can tell by your VIN. I didnt bring in the whole TSB, just the TSB numbers. Here are the 2 I brought in;

06-004-07

06-001-08

post #10 of 11 Old 05-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Thanks for the input... Just got home from the dealership and I found out my JK was built Nov 07'. They had not heard of the TSB but after looking it up they were good about it. I asked them up front that if I had any mud underneath, would it be a problem... luckily the service guy has a JK and told me to get under it with a powerwasher good and I shouldn't have any issues. It goes in on Thursday to get the new clutch disc so hopefully it works.

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
post #11 of 11 Old 06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Wheeler

Question Clutch Squeel

What if you have a skid plate underneath, would the dealer require you to remove it? I wouldn't want to get charged for labor to remove add-on equipment !

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X in RESCUE GREEN!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode