Jeep Beach was AWESOME!!!!! Thanks!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Jeep Beach was AWESOME!!!!! Thanks!!!

I just wanted to say, the 2009 Jeep Beach was AWESOME!!! What a GREAT job everyone did!!! First class event all the way and special thanks to Rooster and the Mid Florida Jeep Club and I can't wait to attend the 2010 Jeep Beach!!!!

And Hitmoney, congrats on the "Peoples Choice" award!!! Well done!!!! I had a great time...

Thanks, Ben

Ben Hedrick
Projects:
2011 6.4L VVT SRT8 HEMI Rubicon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 6.1L SRT HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Sahara
2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2003 6.4L Stroker HEMI Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2014 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon eXpedition Jeep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Safari Straps

AWESOME

X2 and X3, etc.
I agree, it was awesome. Everyone did a wonderful job, and it was definitely a great turn out. I am so glad that I flew in from California for it. It was definitely one of the best events that I have been to so far. I will be back next year too. All I can say is WOW.
thanks Rooster and Mid Florida Jeep Club.
post #3 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 02:37 PM
JKO Addict!

THANK YOU to all the Jeep Beach JK OWNERS SPONSORS AND VENDORS! Your generosity rocked this event! We really appreciated your support and look forward to seeing you there next year!!

I didnt do this alone, a BIG thank you to the Mid Florida Jeep Club members a couple who are on this forum especially!

The JK Owners banner was flying proudly and there was no doubt that the JKO kicked ass! Thanks so much to my great friends here at the JKO! Thanks Lance!!

A SPECIAL thanks to my new best friends Hatch and Maral (Safari Straps). They flew coast to coast to attend Jeep Beach. I know there are alot of great people on here but you couldnt meet a nicer couple. They are good people and I honestly call them true friends. Just wait until Hatch unveils the new design!

Thank you to all the JKO that attended. it was a great event! Some of you had some very long drives and a thank you cant express enough how we feel for the support you gave us. I cant wait to see all your pictures and get mine posted up as well. Dont forget to go to the Mid Florida Jeep Club website to get to the link for the photographer so you can see all 700 professional pics he took.

So you want a number?

Saturday - 303 paid registered participants and DOES NOT include sponsor/vendor Jeeps, VIP's or the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Total Jeeps was around 375-400

Sunday - on the Beach! The parade on the beach was 4.5 miles long! YES 4.5 miles long Jeep to Jeep! There was a total of 218 paid Jeeps and DOES NOT include sponsor/vendor Jeeps, VIP's or the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Total Jeeps was 273!

PUDDLZ/CHRIS HANSON and CREW - we pass the torch so rock out JK SUMMERFEST!

Last edited by rooster; 05-18-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
JKO Addict!

add me to the list

what a great event...

Actually got to put some faces to the screen names here... I think Hitmoney had the most "shocked" look. I think he said he thought i was short dark haired guy.

Next year I'll make damn sure my jeep will be ready.

edit - On a side note - who won the best JK? I saw a guy get the award, but i don't recall the jeep.

Last edited by Grant211; 05-17-2009 at 03:48 PM.
post #5 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Rock God

Great event. We are still here actually but looks like everyone else has gone so now we get to chill. The events were great and it was nice to meet everyone finally. Pictures to come tomorrow sometime.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #6 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM
JKO Addict!

I cant remember who won the best JK. He was an older gent. However the trophy was sponsored by "Rooster of JK Owners" so hopefully we'll see him on here!

FLLawdog I just had to post your pic. This was while we were staging on the beach!

Last edited by rooster; 05-17-2009 at 06:01 PM.
post #7 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
THANK YOU to all the Jeep Beach JK OWNERS SPONSORS AND VENDORS! Your generosity rocked this event! We really appreciated your support and look forward to seeing you there next year!!

The JK Owners banner was flying proudly and there was no doubt that the JKO kicked ass! Thanks so much to my great friends here at the JKO! Thanks Lance!!

A SPECIAL thanks to my new best friends Hatch and Maral (Safari Straps). They flew coast to coast to attend Jeep Beach. I know there are alot of great people on here but you couldnt meet a nicer couple. They are good people and I honestly call them true friends. Just wait until Hatch unveils the new design!

Thank you to all the JKO that attended. it was a great event! Some of you had some very long drives and a thank you cant express enough how we feel for the support you gave us. I cant wait to see all your pictures and get mine posted up as well. Dont forget to go to the Mid Florida Jeep Club website to get to the link for the photographer so you can see all 700 professional pics he took.

So you want a number?

Saturday - 303 paid registered participants and DOES NOT include sponsor/vendor Jeeps, VIP's or the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Total Jeeps was around 375-400

Sunday - on the Beach! The parade on the beach was 4.5 miles long! YES 4.5 miles long Jeep to Jeep! There was a total of 218 paid Jeeps and DOES NOT include sponsor/vendor Jeeps, VIP's or the Mid Florida Jeep Club. Total Jeeps was 273!

PUDDLZ/CHRIS HANSON and CREW - we pass the torch so rock out JK SUMMERFEST!

We shall do our best to make you proud. Can't wait to see more pics! Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #8 of 47 Old 05-17-2009, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Congrats on a successful event
post #9 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 11:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

had a BLAST!! can't wait till next year!!!!
post #10 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

I snuck beer in.

Had an idea Rooster. Next year, at the Plaza. Informal Jeep Parade each evening (thursday and Friday) @ 5 pm. Meet in front of the Hotel. We did an informal one that met in front of our hotel w/ the Jeep Hut guys, maybe 10 rigs, and we gathered another 2 or 3 rigs while doing it - and had a blast turning heads. We helped pull out people who were in the 4x4 only area up in north daytona.

Just an idea.

Last edited by karnuvore; 05-18-2009 at 11:45 AM.
post #11 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm gonna come early next year. got up at 4am Saturday to drive down there. next year, I want to join the friday party!
post #12 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Event was great!!

Rooster, you and your crew did a hell of a job!!

Only idea for next year would be to have a smaller get together, parade, scrapbook beer party or whatever for JKO members. There were so many people and things going on that I didn't get to hang with as many JKO guys as I would have liked.
post #13 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
Only idea for next year would be to have a smaller get together, parade, scrapbook beer party or whatever for JKO members. There were so many people and things going on that I didn't get to hang with as many JKO guys as I would have liked.
I agree, I didn't get to meet half of the JK guys there!
post #14 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm gonna come early next year. got up at 4am Saturday to drive down there. next year, I want to join the friday party!
You gotta go Friday. Friday was the big drunk night, at least at the Wing House. Everybody over that way died early Saturday night. We went to the street fest downtown and came back about 12 and it was dead.
post #15 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hell. Come join me w/ the Thursday Night party. I spent thursday evening at he hotel bar drinking w/ mexican and honduran painters. I spoke spanglish til the wee hours of the morning then went up to the room and pissed off my wife.

Whoever said - JKO get together - great idea. Maybe friday afternoon or night or something at some specific time. Good idea indeed. Damn - whole year til Jeep Beach again. Rooster - any chance of a fall event? lol.

post #16 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Same thing for me. Left the house at 4:45am, drove up, all day in the sun, couple of beers, couple of Red Bulls, party of 12 ppl at Outback and by the time I got back to the hotel to drop off the wive and kids and go find Karn and the rest of you I was toast!

Not next year!!
post #17 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
any chance of a fall event? lol.
We do have Jeeptoberfest in October/Ocala!! We can have a JKO party that Saturday night.
post #18 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Event was great!!

Rooster, you and your crew did a hell of a job!!

That was partially my fault.. I wanted to get all the JKO guys together, even talked to Rooster about it on Saturday.. but I wasn't expecting there to be 300+ Jeeps there.

I should have organized that before hand and not at the event itself.. with it being that big, it would have taken me all day to find and organize everyone.

SOWY.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #19 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
We do have Jeeptoberfest in October/Ocala!! We can have a JKO party that Saturday night.
JKO will be a banner sponsor of Jeeptober Fest.... it is already in the works.

I am also going to try and get Pirate to sponsor it as well.

Next year expect big things from JKO/Pirate and Jeep Beach.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #20 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah - but I cant usually make that one. It always falls on the same weekend as a music festival I go to. We'll see.

post #21 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Karn - you dont think we knew you snuck in beer?

Seriously, the reason for the no cooler policy was due to the minimum buy for Americrown. We went way over that so next year expect a change. We will allow coolers of drinks. It was too hot out there for you to have to buy water. So I would say the policy would be a no food only restriction if possible.

Im all for a JKO get together and would like to have at Jeep Beach. Lets make it happen. We are wanting to turn Jeep Beach into a week long event starting with the Go Topless Day event, followed by a party (JKO PARTY?) and then move into Jeep Beach.

Not sure the Plaza will happen. We werent happy with what they did. Ive got a much cooler idea, a more relaxed atmosphere in mind and yes, it is on the beach!

Im all for a fall event but wouldnt want to step on Ocala's toes. We are having a Wheelers For The Wounded Event next month at Wilsons 4x4 in Daytona.

Keep the ideas coming for next year. Believe it or not we start planning for next year next month! No rest for the weary. We are thinking about a Ms Jeep Beach bikini contest on Saturday night (making it a huge party) and the winner would wear the crown and sash in the beach parade and party on Sunday. Good idea?
post #22 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Banned

I was wondering about PARKING at the plaza. From what I saw, it was mostly underground. I dunno about you, but my rig cant do parking garages. I still wanna do the evening/afternoon parades though. That's fun stuff.

Oh yeah - and a MUD HOLE.

post #23 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Rock God

well we are back home now. Here is my take on it and there is a lot, my girlfriend and I chatted all the way home and she is an event planner so lots of opinions:

-A JKO meet would be cool
-Definitely should be allowed to bring water into the infield (it was hot). Only problem with bringing beer is how do you police those who drink from a private cooler and then run the obstacle course? From what I understand is if you bought a beer, they were suppose to cut off your driver wrist band.
-Obstacle courses were great!
-While there is no such thing as to many prizes... the raffle went way to long and people lost interest. I think other than the very large (red ticket) items; everything should be pulled quietly and stuck on a board. I mean how many steering stabilizer raffles did we have to go through!
-Hotel was great and unless there is a better place i vote keep it there. They had a good amount of parking, and parking for trailers, a pool, a restaurant and a gas station all within walking distance. I didn’t hear anything negative so I hope we return there (and the price was great).
-I think the parade went very well but some people and the lifeguards looked annoyed with us. I hope they let us keep doing it.
-I think the other big one is better directions on the parade part. There seemed to be a bit of confusion on where to go and I didn’t find out till Sunday morning at breakfast.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #24 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
well we are back home now. Here is my take on it and there is a lot, my girlfriend and I chatted all the way home and she is an event planner so lots of opinions:

-A JKO meet would be cool
-Definitely should be allowed to bring water into the infield (it was hot). Only problem with bringing beer is how do you police those who drink from a private cooler and then run the obstacle course? From what I understand is if you bought a beer, they were suppose to cut off your driver wrist band.
-Obstacle courses were great!
-While there is no such thing as to many prizes... the raffle went way to long and people lost interest. I think other than the very large (red ticket) items; everything should be pulled quietly and stuck on a board. I mean how many steering stabilizer raffles did we have to go through!
-Hotel was great and unless there is a better place i vote keep it there. They had a good amount of parking, and parking for trailers, a pool, a restaurant and a gas station all within walking distance. I didn’t hear anything negative so I hope we return there (and the price was great).
-I think the parade went very well but some people and the lifeguards looked annoyed with us. I hope they let us keep doing it.
-I think the other big one is better directions on the parade part. There seemed to be a bit of confusion on where to go and I didn’t find out till Sunday morning at breakfast.
Thanks Big Jerm we appreciate the feedback! I agree with almost everything you said there and we will listen to everyone and try to better ourselves for next year.

We pulled prizes all day long but we had so many shirts, hats and smaller items we just ran out of time. Agreed though the big items will be done better next year. I just wonder why anyone would spend that much money on raffle items to not stick around and see if they win???

As far as the parade we have the support of the City of Daytona. Trust me a lot of people look forward to seeing this parade every year. It wont go away.

As far as directions to the parade route....that big yellow piece of paper in your goodie bag was a map and directions to all the events. We checked every bag so I know one was in there. I even said during my opening speech that we were staging on the beach and you had to be thru the ISB toll booth by 9am. No biggie though there was a lot of information given out and a lot of partying going on in between.

Last edited by rooster; 05-18-2009 at 02:49 PM.
post #25 of 47 Old 05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

well, our club is having a small Jeep show in September Just outside of Savannah, NOTHING like Jeep Beach!)
probably 50 Jeeps. ya'll ought to come up! it ain't anything fancy, BUT it's being held at a bar! (and just down the road from some strip clubs.

no vendors, just a good group of guys(and girls) who like to ride!
you might be bored with the turnout, but not the booze!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode