Jeep Jamborees - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Jeep Jamborees

Does anyone have any experience at one of these? I am under the assumption that they may be a little lame and tame for most the people at JKO. But with my wheeling experience (ie. a muddy cornfield, my driveway in the wintertime, and a occasional pothole) this might be a good way to get the feet wet. Looking at Ouray, CO in September. http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/

2008 Rescue Green Unlimited Sahara
TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Garage

I am looking into to go to this one myself.. suppose to be a blast.
I have a shipping request on Pirate4x4 right now to see if I can get my rig hauled out there.

http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #3 of 37 Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

I just like to wheel. I don't even have a lift or anything major modifying my Jeep either. I install parts as time and money permit, and that's almost as fun as wheeling. I know I would love to make it to a Jamboree... A bunch of jeepers and some camping is always fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Granite Guru

The Jeep Jamboree people rate the difficulty of the different events. I've been to the Ink Ranch Jamboree and its some great wheeling, but the Jamboree people unofficially say its the most difficult. Officially they say the Rubicon Jamboree covers the "most challenging trail in America. "
post #5 of 37 Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Rock God

Question

I am considering the Ouray trip as well but have to wonder what the advantage would be to paying $500.00 for trails I can run on my own for free.

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #6 of 37 Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulewhisperer View Post
Does anyone have any experience at one of these? I am under the assumption that they may be a little lame and tame for most the people at JKO. But with my wheeling experience (ie. a muddy cornfield, my driveway in the wintertime, and a occasional pothole) this might be a good way to get the feet wet. Looking at Ouray, CO in September. http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/
I did the Jeep Jamboree back in Oct 08 in Borrego Springs, had a blast. It's a great way to get your feet wet. On my Jamboree I did the modified trails, This year I'm doing all Highly modified trails. It's a blast and they have a good raffle.

JKUS Sort of
post #7 of 37 Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Kickerman View Post
I am considering the Ouray trip as well but have to wonder what the advantage would be to paying $500.00 for trails I can run on my own for free.
I guess the trail guides that help at the obstacles would be worth the $500 to me. Or else I would be driving over cliffs saying "But I saw a guy do this in a picture on JKO!!!". So it would be worth it so I can drive the Jeep home that I came with.
At the Ouray Jamboree they provide meals. Are we talking bologne sandwiches and Mr Pibb?

We look forward to it and think this is a for sure deal. If anyone else is going in Sept. it would be nice to meet up with some of you.

TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #8 of 37 Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've read that some of these have a 37" tire limit, and that they are great for beginners if you have the patience for other beginners. I've always avioded them after I went on a few. Some of the trails would take a small group a couple of hours to complete but with the Jamboree it would take all day(and NO Beer all day).

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #9 of 37 Old 04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Wheeler

I go to the Jeep Jamboree's that are on the East Coast. Yes some of them are a little easy for most of the people on this site but some of them are pretty demanding. The trail ratings are pretty accuarte. I always have a good time. Great people fun trails and the price is not that bad. They give out a lot of stuff which is worth way more then the cost of the trips. It's wheeling plane and simple. Good times what else can I say. Vermont is a great one in July. Well that's my 2 cents.
post #10 of 37 Old 04-30-2009, 03:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I am looking into to go to this one myself.. suppose to be a blast.
I have a shipping request on Pirate4x4 right now to see if I can get my rig hauled out there.

http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohn View Post
I've read that some of these have a 37" tire limit, and that they are great for beginners if you have the patience for other beginners. I've always avioded them after I went on a few. Some of the trails would take a small group a couple of hours to complete but with the Jamboree it would take all day(and NO Beer all day).
Your right BroncoJohn. They all do. From the JJ rules sheet...

Body lifts/suspension lifts up to six inches (combined) are permitted. Running boards and snowplow frames are not permitted. Tires over 37 inches are not permitted.

Hitmoney....you would have to swap out for smaller tires and I don't think you have the patience for a jamboree run.

We should run it with the locals outside of the jamboree!!
post #11 of 37 Old 04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
JKO Addict!

These are some really fun events, if you've never been...I recommend it.

And....not to launch any spoilers or anything.....but we might just have a something from JJ to raffle off at JK Summerfest in June!

Great group of people who run that thing.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #12 of 37 Old 05-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
These are some really fun events, if you've never been...I recommend it.

And....not to launch any spoilers or anything.....but we might just have a something from JJ to raffle off at JK Summerfest in June!

Great group of people who run that thing.
Where is summerfest on the westcoast? I'm up!

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #13 of 37 Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Yeah....so cal. Just click the link in my sig for more info.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #14 of 37 Old 05-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Rock God

The Jeep Jamborees are great! I went to the Big Bear event last year as a vendor and had a great time. They accomodate anything from stock first timers to the more hardcore wheelers. The Big Bear event was led by a local club and they were great. If the event includes meals, you get breakfast, a box lunch for the trail, and dinner for the nights you are there. They also have a great raffle the last night of the event.

If you are looking to run trails that are new to you and like experienced company then the Jeep Jamboree is the way to go. If you belong to a club and have been on that trail numerous times then maybe not.

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

post #15 of 37 Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Rock God

Jeep Jamboree and Jeepers Jamboree are different. Been to Jeepers a few times and it is always a good time. It in only thru the Rubicon. I go to the Rubicon on my own all the time but also go to Jeepers to party and hang out with cool people.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #16 of 37 Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
I did the Jeep Jamboree back in Oct 08 in Borrego Springs, had a blast. It's a great way to get your feet wet. On my Jamboree I did the modified trails, This year I'm doing all Highly modified trails. It's a blast and they have a good raffle.
so your going this yr 3 day or 4 day trip ?

Just Want To Wheel
post #17 of 37 Old 05-12-2009, 02:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08jk4door View Post
so your going this yr 3 day or 4 day trip ?
I'm doing Big Bear this weekend, thurs,fri, and sat. Borrego Springs in Oct. thurs, fri, and sat.

JKUS Sort of
post #18 of 37 Old 05-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Rock God

I'm a big Jeep Jamboree USA advocate! I do at least one per year. I liked them so much that I got involved with two of their sponsoring companies and now write reviews of them. You can see reviews and pictures from past events at www.jeeptales.com (check out the Past Events tab) as well as www.jpfreek.com.

Many complain about the cost being high, but you get A LOT of staff and experience for that money, in addition to all your meals and use of land that is often private and only accessible via these events. The staff spends many days on the trails weeks before the event to make sure they are safe, passable, etc. This is why their ratings are accurate.

If you want to wheel lightly, you can. If you want to really challenge yourself and your Jeep, you can.

Plus, they have tons of raffles, fun events (Jeep Rodeos, etc) and the last event I was at, there was even a marriage proposal in front of the entire group - so I guess you can say there was entertainment too!

But don't procrastinate as they do sell out!

PLEASE NOTE: I, in no way, benefit financially from attendance. I'm truly just a Jeep guy who loves to share the fun. It's a Jeep thing, and I WANT YOU to understand!

Adam
First Jeep:

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #19 of 37 Old 05-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Granite Guru

so is any one going this summer ?

Just Want To Wheel
post #20 of 37 Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
D Looking at Ouray, CO in September. http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/
I will spot you through trails in CO for half the price. I will even bring a bbq
post #21 of 37 Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
I will spot you through trails in CO for half the price. I will even bring a bbq

MMM Manifold BBQ!

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #22 of 37 Old 05-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Granite Guru

For new guys maybe its worth paying, if you like meeting people and socializing maybe its worth the money. But all that money to show you trails that are free regularely has kept me away some tight years. I agree if you need a spotter its worth some money.

But Ouray there's nothing there you need a spotter. I've done every trail a dozen times over, Pouchipsie Gulch (not spelled right), is the only thing that has an obstacle..its actually really fun with 6 different routes and play areas.

But the best trails, Imogene, Black Bear, Yankee Boy Basin and Governor's are the best and I did them in a stock TJ for years. If you don't know, just helping here, Charles A. Wells has the best book on trails of CO, and AZ, Utah, CA

But the bit of difference in money for the food, place to camp, the entertainment...well I don't mind spending some money to keep the Jeep community running strong. Its almost like a charity I can get behind.
post #23 of 37 Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Rock God

Well, one major difference is that in the NorthEast, many of the Jamborees are held on private land. There just ain't that much land to legally wheel here. So the money is well spent. Plus, it is fun. Worth the money? I think so. But I can certainly see your point if you have access to great trails for free.

Adam
First Jeep:

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #24 of 37 Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Bring this back to life....

Would be great to meet some people from here. Ouray Jamboree Sept 17-19. Anyone going?

TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #25 of 37 Old 08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Bring this back to life....

Would be great to meet some people from here. Ouray Jamboree Sept 17-19. Anyone going?
My wife and I are going to Ouachita Jamboree near Hot Springs AR Oct 22-24. Anyone from here heading to that one? Or know anything about it? I won the passes in the Superchips Sweepstakes and it was the one that matched when I could take vacation the best.

Bill aka

ɯǝlqoɹd ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ'uoʇsnoɥ
'09 JK - 4.5", 37's, snorkel, chopped flares, XRC Front Bumper (FOR SALE - $11,750)
'98 TJ - 3", 32's
'89 M101A2 trailer - cargo/expedition wagon
'89 Winnebago Chieftain - camper/tow rig

Trail Guide: 2015-2017 Topless for Tatas, 2015-2017 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode