Bastrop Run (Texas) April 18th & 19th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 04-04-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Bastrop Run (Texas) April 18th & 19th

We talked to a land owner today about setting up a run on April 18th and 19th. KerryP is working on the details (rules) but it is a definite go if anyone wants to attend. The trails are not rock but can be challenging you will definately have a good time. Cost is 20 buck a rig, we have a bunk house that has 10 beds at 20 bucks a night or you can tent camp at no charge. All money goes to the land owner. We just want to get together bs and wheel. We also have access to a bbq pit so bring some meat to burn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by bodyguy; 04-04-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
We also have access to a bbq pit so bring some meat to burn.
Or be like Joe and come with a raw chubby!
post #3 of 61 Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Granite Guru

where is this place at in bastrop can you give some directions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 Old 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

Its about 8 miles outside of Bastrop towards Austin. We will post up a map and directions ass we get them put together. From where you are its probably about 4-4.5 hours or so

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps

Last edited by kerryp; 04-04-2009 at 05:32 PM.
post #5 of 61 Old 04-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

This is a fun place to wheel and camp for the entire family. It is inexpensive, and a very nice area- lots of trees, dry creek beds, off-camber, etc. There is a scenic/ easier side of the ranch- perfect for stock to modified Jeeps, and a more challenging side that is more suited to modified Jeeps.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #6 of 61 Old 04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Granite Guru

cool thanks i have family in austin so we might make a weekend out of it.
post #7 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 05:43 AM

Hey bodyguy.......If I can take off work I sure would like to drive up from Victoria and wheel a little with yall. I would like to get to know you guys and start going to some of these events. I'm new to this. This 09 Saraha is my 4th jeep in the last 25 years, but I really never took any of them off road. I really would like to meet up amd maybe learn more about off road driving. I'll be looking for a map and Hopefully I can maked the trip.
Jeeproper
post #8 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeproper View Post
Hey bodyguy.......If I can take off work I sure would like to drive up from Victoria and wheel a little with yall. I would like to get to know you guys and start going to some of these events. I'm new to this. This 09 Saraha is my 4th jeep in the last 25 years, but I really never took any of them off road. I really would like to meet up amd maybe learn more about off road driving. I'll be looking for a map and Hopefully I can maked the trip.
Jeeproper
Be glad to have you and look forward to meeting you.

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #9 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Hopefully you can make, if not we are planning another run in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeproper View Post
Jeeproper

|
|
post #10 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

We went and ran the trails today just to refamiliarize our selves with the place. Some areas are too wet but we found new bypasses so we should be good. The land owner wants us to stay out of the mud as much as possible. Make sure you grease your control arms cause this place will put suspension through a serious workout. Spare tires on the gate will need to be removed softops will need to be put down or taken off and you will end up with some Bastrop pinstriping. We got some pictures I will post them shortly. I am going to check with the land owner about night runs. I hope we can get a bunch of yall out it will be fun.

|
|
post #11 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

A Bunch Of Poser Shots For Ya

|
|
post #12 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

THE END

|
|
post #13 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Rock God

I can't make it, but even if I could, I don't know that my Jeep is up to it yet...but wow, that looks like a kick ass place to wheel...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, ÜJohn 3:16Ü
post #14 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Rock God

Wish you could make it, and your Jeep would be just fine, there have been numerous stock jeeps that have gone through with no issues, we're trying to set another up for some tme in June, maybe you can make that one...

I promise you can make it and you will have fun. this place is great for people to learn how their Jeeps act in off-camber situations and tight situations (actually all situations) and is more technical than anything, which is good for developing skills and learning your Jeep, but more importantly, its fun and a reason for a bunch of Jeepers to get together and ride, then sit around and BS, eat dinner, and partake of some ****tails.

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #15 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Ha! you cant say **** in ****tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
Wish you could make it, and your Jeep would be just fine, there have been numerous stock jeeps that have gone through with no issues, we're trying to set another up for some tme in June, maybe you can make that one...

I promise you can make it and you will have fun. this place is great for people to learn how their Jeeps act in off-camber situations and tight situations (actually all situations) and is more technical than anything, which is good for developing skills and learning your Jeep, but more importantly, its fun and a reason for a bunch of Jeepers to get together and ride, then sit around and BS, eat dinner, and partake of some ****tails.

|
|
post #16 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Rock God

yeah, aint that some ****, but partaking of tail is ok

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #17 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

ooh I like some tail, what about cok or kock

|
|
post #18 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll be there, and Kerry I'll have those wheels for you.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #19 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Rock God

Terra Thanks, but if you know someone else who wants them give 'em, I think I'm gonna stay with the stock finish for now, otherwise, I know they will just sit in the shed and not get used and I would hate to do that if someone else has a use for them. I really do appreciate it .... I'll still buy you some though for the thought...and I'm glad your coming, it should be fun, as long as it doesn't rain between now and then,,,,,

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #20 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
ooh I like some tail, what about cok or kock
No I don't like cok or kock,,,,,

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #21 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
I can't make it, but even if I could, I don't know that my Jeep is up to it yet...but wow, that looks like a kick ass place to wheel...
I just posted pictures in some of the poser areas. A stock rig will make it through most of the area. You might need a strap a couple of times if you dont have lockers. We also have bypasses for all the severe off camber areas. I dont want to scare anyone off and I dont want anyone to think its just a run in the woods, but dont expect a Katemcy or Tree's either.

I have to add these for my kids

|
|
post #22 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

If Kerry doesnt want them I do, need em for my trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
I'll be there, and Kerry I'll have those wheels for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
Terra Thanks, but if you know someone else who wants them give 'em, I think I'm gonna stay with the stock finish for now, otherwise, I know they will just sit in the shed and not get used and I would hate to do that if someone else has a use for them. I really do appreciate it .... I'll still buy you some though for the thought...and I'm glad your coming, it should be fun, as long as it doesn't rain between now and then,,,,,

|
|
post #23 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I have to add these for my kids
LOL, Lil Starwars Freaks

for Shelby, Unnnhhhh!!!

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #24 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Ooohh, Ooohh, I want to go!!!

2008 Steel Blue Sahara Unlimited with lots of fun mods!
post #25 of 61 Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxengr View Post
Ooohh, Ooohh, I want to go!!!
Bring it,,,,dju get your top fixed?

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode