2012 TinBender Jamboree April 28th 2012 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2012 TinBender Jamboree April 28th 2012

Come join the Benders for a great weekend of wheeling, food and fun. As usual we will have a big raffle and event shirts for sale. Bring the friends and family. As in the past all profits will go to the fight to keep our trails open.

Registration is now open.

http://tinbenders.org/hosted_events.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

We are only a month away. Save $10 and pre register.

We have a great list of sponsors donating to the raffle. This may be our best yet.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Took me a bit of digging to find out where this event was being held. I'm not gonna be able to make that drive.

To others interested: Johnson Valley, CA.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Took me a bit of digging to find out where this event was being held. I'm not gonna be able to make that drive.

To others interested: Johnson Valley, CA.
Sorry. Yes this event is held at Johnson Valley SVRA also know as the Hammers. The sight of the King of the Hammers race.

We are a non profit club all proceeds go to fight for fair land use.

All proceeds from this years event are going to http://savethehammers.org/sth/

What you get for your registration. Preregistration is $40 on site is $50

Participation on the trail run of your choice. From mild to extreme.

2 dinner tickets for a huge BBQ.

1 raffle ticket to win great prizes.
post #5 of 17 Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

For more info visit http://www.tinbenders.org/forum/forum.php go to Tin Bender hosted events. Lots of stories, pictures and info.
post #6 of 17 Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Granite Guru

I'll keep this in mind, might be able to make it. I followed the link and clicked on hosted events, nothings showing up there. Where can I find the details about the event?

2011 Green JK Rubicon Unlimited Purchased 10/18/2011
Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

post #7 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunneborgc View Post
I'll keep this in mind, might be able to make it. I followed the link and clicked on hosted events, nothings showing up there. Where can I find the details about the event?
Try this link.
http://www.tinbenders.org/forum/foru...-Hosted-Events
post #8 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Granite Guru

I found the list of trails being run, sounds pretty narly, I'm going to have to see which one I'm interested in running. I'll register when I can commit and know how many people are coming with me.

Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

post #9 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Raffle sponsor list so far.

4 wheel parts:

Savy Off Road:

Marlin Crawler:

Mayhem Metal Works:

Front Range/Diamond Axle:

Hellfire Fabworks:

SFR:

Poison Spyder:

Got Propane:

All Pro Offroad:

Advance Adapters:

TJM:

High Desert Drive Line:

Busted Knuckle Films:

Total Metal Innovations:

Gen Right Offroad:

Currie Enterprises:

FOA:

Seven Springs Customs:

Custom Splice:

Masterpull:

Poly Performance:

PRP:

JE Reel:
post #10 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Granite Guru

That's quite a list of raffle sponsors!

I don't want to get in over my mine or my wife's head but we want to run something challenging for us. I've never wheeled at Johnson Valley before.

Anyway, how would you rate the following trails in terms of difficulty? These are all the trails I noticed with 35"+ requirements.

After Shock
Claw Hammer
Outer Limits
Sledge Hammer
Sun Bonnet
Wrecking Ball

Last edited by lunneborgc; 04-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.
post #11 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunneborgc View Post
That's quite a list of raffle sponsors!

I don't want to get in over my mine or my wife's head but we want to run something challenging for us. I've never wheeled at Johnson Valley before.

Anyway, how would you rate the following trails in terms of difficulty? These are all the trails I noticed with 35"+ requirements.

After Shock
Claw Hammer
Outer Limits
Sledge Hammer
Sun Bonnet
Wrecking Ball
It really depends the trails out there change constantly.
Are you locked front and rear or open. Have you wheeled rocks before? Are you open to body damage?

I'm not being a smart ass. Your rig is very clean and would not look the same after wheeling the hammers.

If I were you I would plan to come out on Friday for the weekend and check the place out. I would drive to the bottom of the trails check them out maybe walk up a ways and watch a few guys drive them. If you feel like trying most people would let you tag along with there group. After doing a run you can come back to the lakebed and sign up then.

Or you can sign up and not run the trails but still enjoy the event, BBQ and raffle. The event is fun to be at even if you don't wheel the hard trails. If you feel the rocks are not for you there are hundreds of miles of dirt roads to explore out there. Johnson Valley is an amazing place.

Hope this helps
Joe
post #12 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Saw your build thread...clawhammer no problem, maybe aftershock, maybe sledge w/ body damage and forget about the rest. I havnt been on sun bonnet. Take doors off to avoid damage

Try Fissure mtn. and turkey claw too.

I followed someone (who shall remain nameless) up wrecking ball in my 4dr. ruby on 35's at night!!!!! Had to winch more times than i can remember. Had to turn around and come back down!!!!

Like Joe says its all about your rock experience and the line you pick...These trails are alot of fun if you wheel with a good group, which should be no problem at this event.

Johnson valley is an amazing place even if you just go watch other rigs wheel/camp/party. I say DO IT!!!!!!!

Last edited by SlowMo; 04-05-2012 at 08:03 PM.
post #13 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_joe View Post
It really depends the trails out there change constantly.
Are you locked front and rear or open. Have you wheeled rocks before? Are you open to body damage?

I'm not being a smart ass. Your rig is very clean and would not look the same after wheeling the hammers.

If I were you I would plan to come out on Friday for the weekend and check the place out. I would drive to the bottom of the trails check them out maybe walk up a ways and watch a few guys drive them. If you feel like trying most people would let you tag along with there group. After doing a run you can come back to the lakebed and sign up then.

Or you can sign up and not run the trails but still enjoy the event, BBQ and raffle. The event is fun to be at even if you don't wheel the hard trails. If you feel the rocks are not for you there are hundreds of miles of dirt roads to explore out there. Johnson Valley is an amazing place.

Hope this helps
Joe
I have a 4 door Rubicon on 37's, practically all skids available, control arm, RROR full system, Nth Rear slider, etc. I'm no expert in rocks, but I certainly wouldn't consider myself an amateur. I popped the body damage cherry with this one a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't be butt hurt or anything. I would be far from thrilled if I put it on it's lid though, lol. Thanks for all the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMo View Post
Saw your build thread...clawhammer no problem, maybe aftershock, maybe sledge w/ body damage and forget about the rest. I havnt been on sun bonnet

Try Fissure mtn. and turkey claw too.

I followed someone (who shall remain nameless) up wrecking ball in my 4dr. ruby on 35's at night!!!!! Had to winch more times than i can remember. Had to turn around and come back down!!!!

Like Joe says its all about your rock experience and the line you pick...These trails are alot of fun if you wheel with a good group, which should be no problem at this event.

Johnson valley is an amazing place even if you just go watch other rigs wheel/camp/party. I say DO IT!!!!!!!

I went to KOH this year for the first time, JV is an incredible area to say the least!

I hear what you're saying though, it really takes the fun out of it when there's so much winching and hooking up straps and shit. Clawhammer would probably do the ticket. Fissure mountain looks like it would be fun, and I'm sure I'd enjoy driving it, but if I'm driving up there I should probably try out Clawhammer.

I'll talk it over with the wife, the JK is hers now, I picked up a well built TJ last week. I wouldn't hesitate to run the TJ through clawhammer. The only thing I'm looking to add to it in the near future is an engine skid, and control arm skids. It would probably be pretty difficult to get to the engine area with a rock as it sits now though. I just prefer to be safe, rather face palming myself.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by lunneborgc; 04-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.
post #14 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just tell her to close her eyes!!!!! LOL

Those 37's will help a ton. Fissure is easy...pucker at end. turkey claw is a blast and short.

Its really all about the line you pick. you could run jack north also. Sooo much desert to explore. I LOVE JV

Last edited by SlowMo; 08-10-2015 at 09:46 AM.
post #15 of 17 Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMo View Post
Just tell her to close her eyes!!!!! LOL

Those 37's will help a ton. Fissure is easy...pucker at end. turkey claw is a blast and short.

Its really all about the line you pick. you could run jack north also. Sooo much desert to explore. I LOVE JV

Nice!

post #16 of 17 Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Here is an updated list of donors for the raffle.

I won't list individual prizes because they may change. But there are a lot of bad ass prizes several worth over $500. There is one prize worth up to $1,400.

4 wheel parts:

Savy Off Road:

Marlin Crawler:

Mayhem Metal Works:

Front Range/Diamond Axle:

Hellfire Fabworks:

Stinky Fab Racing:

Poison Spyder:

All Pro Off Road:

Advance Adapters:

TJM:

Busted Knuckle Films:

Total Metal Innovations:

Gen Right Off Road:

Currie Enterprises:

Complete Off Road:

Masterpull:

Poly Performance:

PRP:

J.E. Reel:

Longfield Super Axles:

4 Wheel Underground:

Ruffstuff:

partsmike.com:

Chassis Unlimited:

Power Tank:

Raceline Wheel:

Calmini Products:

FOA:

Dirt Sports:
post #17 of 17 Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Here is a sneak peak at this years shirts.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode