Winter on the Rocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Winter on the Rocks

Have you wheeled Moab?

Have you wheeled St George?

There is an event coming up the end of January in St George Utah. The Sand Hollow area is another amazing place to wheel. Just like the sand stone found in Moab, you will experience the same in St George. The upcoming is event is call Winter On The Rock, their website is http://www.winterontherocks.com/.

Its a good prep event for EJS!

Check it out, its going to be a blast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Wheeler

Yeh, let's see more JK's at this event.

January 27 and 28 (Friday and Saturday) including a Friday night run.

St. George is 2 hours north of Las Vegas on Interstate 15. A hell of a lot closer than Moab for southern Cal JK'ers.

St. George is the only place in Utah where palm trees grow, so don't be afraid of freezing to death. We are usually about 5 degrees cooler than Vegas and 15 degrees warmer than Salt Lake City or Moab.

We have about a dozen established trails in the Sand Hollow OHV area and working on developing more. Most of the trails are moderate to difficult, but there are a few easy trails for those more interested in a scenic drive than in challenging the rocks.

If you can't make it for Winter on the Rocks (WOTR) but find yourself in St. George some other time, shoot me an email (exclude the ZZ) [email protected] and I'd be happy to show you a trail or two almost any Saturday.

sponsored by Utah4x4club.com

2008 JK Yellow Rubicon Unlimited, half doors, PitBull Rocker 37" tires, ATX slab beadlocks, 5.38 gearing, Woods shafts, Teraflex 60 axles front (ARB locker) & rear (Detroit), Poly Performance full skids, Warn Powerplant, King shocks, Teraflex bumpstops, Tuffy security drawer & glove box, AEV snorkel, custom tire carrier, best-top customized bumpers w/rollers, dual battery system, MaxEnergy, etc., etc.

Last edited by WilliamWaddy; 01-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.
post #3 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

Just signed up. I am TDY to Vegas for the month so its a short drive. See you out there Toby.

Gonna have to see if there is still room for the Friday night run.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 07:12 AM
It never ends...

I'll be there. Getting in Thursday. Stay till Sunday evening. Should be fun. Great wheeling area.

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Rock God

TeraFlex should have several JK's there.

801-713-3314
post #6 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

^^^ I am headed down Thursday night and heading home Sunday morning. I will be traveling down solo, my friend (ya, only one) can not go. Looking forward to a great event.
post #7 of 27 Old 01-18-2012, 08:00 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
^^^ I am headed down Thursday night and heading home Sunday morning. I will be traveling down solo, my friend (ya, only one) can not go. Looking forward to a great event.
let's make sure we connect. Such a good place to wheel.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #8 of 27 Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
let's make sure we connect. Such a good place to wheel.
Sent PM
post #9 of 27 Old 01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Sent PM
No PM arrived!

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #10 of 27 Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Wheeler

I live in St. George and will be a guide on the Maze trail Friday and John's Trail on Saturday. Our club president, Del, is leading a night run friday night, but it might get a bit crowded. If we have enough JK-owner interest I could lead a separate Friday night run (Milt's Mile, Johns, Sliplock or West Rim). I imagine the larger group will probably be running West Rim. Post up if you are interested, or just look me up Friday morning. I will also check with Del to make sure he doesn't have any heartburn about us doing this. Weather forecast is for 65 degree highs both days (and sunny).

2008 JK Yellow Rubicon Unlimited, half doors, PitBull Rocker 37" tires, ATX slab beadlocks, 5.38 gearing, Woods shafts, Teraflex 60 axles front (ARB locker) & rear (Detroit), Poly Performance full skids, Warn Powerplant, King shocks, Teraflex bumpstops, Tuffy security drawer & glove box, AEV snorkel, custom tire carrier, best-top customized bumpers w/rollers, dual battery system, MaxEnergy, etc., etc.
post #11 of 27 Old 01-21-2012, 03:13 PM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamWaddy View Post
I live in St. George and will be a guide on the Maze trail Friday and John's Trail on Saturday. Our club president, Del, is leading a night run friday night, but it might get a bit crowded. If we have enough JK-owner interest I could lead a separate Friday night run (Milt's Mile, Johns, Sliplock or West Rim). I imagine the larger group will probably be running West Rim. Post up if you are interested, or just look me up Friday morning. I will also check with Del to make sure he doesn't have any heartburn about us doing this. Weather forecast is for 65 degree highs both days (and sunny).
I did sign up for the night run with Dell, but I rather go with fewer rigs... so if you get the JKO run going, I'd do that. Thanks. I'm excited to get out there.

The maze is fun. Did that last year.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #12 of 27 Old 01-21-2012, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
I did sign up for the night run with Dell, but I rather go with fewer rigs... so if you get the JKO run going, I'd do that. Thanks. I'm excited to get out there.

The maze is fun. Did that last year.
X2 on the fewer rigs and seeing if we could run a smaller group.
post #13 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Wheeler

That would make three of us, which is enough, so let's plan on it. If other JK's want to join, that's fine too. I checked with Del and he approved. Maybe we should plan to meet at the fairgrounds same as the others and we can split off from there.

post #14 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
It never ends...

Sounds good. I bet a couple others turn up too.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #15 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I have a buddy that's coming down Thursday night and will be in for a night run also. It's going to be a blast!!
post #16 of 27 Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Sounds good. I bet a couple others turn up too.
I agree. I'm sure others will join us. Problem may end up having too many rather than too few

I'm really hoping that the weather forecast holds because it's looking like two very nice days.

Now I just need to get to work on that last-minute to-do list.

post #17 of 27 Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm hoping to make for a Friday night run. The problem is my schedule. Working nights will be very helpful for a night run but will make Saturday a very tired day of wheeling.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #18 of 27 Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

Got my hotel room booked for Friday night, so I'll be game for a JKO night run.

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #19 of 27 Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 PM
It never ends...

So we are supposed to check in Fri starting at 730. Driver mtgs at 9. All at fairground.

Lots of rigs here do far. We are ready to go.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #20 of 27 Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Nemesis is in route, and should be there shortly.

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
INDUSTRY'S FIRST ALL ALUMINUM PRODUCT LINE
(303) 974-2460

Follow us on
post #21 of 27 Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

What a blast!! Had an amazing time, and great meeting new jeep addicts like me. Will post what pics I have soon.

My son, who is 11, is working on a video that will be hosted by KrawlZoneTV. He is super excited. I will let you all know when its up and you can check it out.
post #22 of 27 Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Smile

Nemesis had a great time at Winter On The Rocks! We're proud to have been a part of it! It was great meeting you guys and we look forward to attending next year!

NEMESIS INDUSTRIES
INDUSTRY'S FIRST ALL ALUMINUM PRODUCT LINE
(303) 974-2460

Follow us on
post #23 of 27 Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
It never ends...

Great event. Nice to meet Addiction, TJDukit, and WilliamWaddy.
Good to see Nemesis and all the others too.

I posted pics and vids of this event in the "Adventures of Rex Thread" in the scrapbook.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #24 of 27 Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Wheeler

Great event, Check out T&T Customs TV for some videos we shot at the event.

Check out the air Tigger got...

Bob

I build stuff...
post #25 of 27 Old 02-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Wheeler

Let me know if any of you get back this way and want to go out wheeling. Friday night run was fun with 4 JK unlimiteds plus 1. Trails were a little crazy but very fun. Great to meet most of you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode