Howdy, all! If you or anyone you like wants to get their tires dirty for the first time, this is their chance! Fine for any stock Jeeps or SUV's. Very easy trails, with some hills and ruts, and overview of all things 4wd. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions:
3rd Annual FREE Beginners’ 4x4 Clinic
Friday, November 18, 2011 at Table Mesa AZ
Free to our Facebook fans, or members of JKOwners, AzVJC, or Tread Lightly
Meet place: Table Mesa Recreation Area
(I-17 exit #236. Map provided to confirmed participants.)
Time: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Pack a lunch, and bring lots of drinking water.
• 4L transfer case (if you are not sure, call)
• All tires, and spare in good working order
• Basic trail and club etiquette
• Basic preparation
• 2H, 4H, 4L: Which one and why
• Airing down tires: When and how much
• Clearance, articulation, surface traction, “picking a line”
• Terrain types: hills, rocks and wash-outs—typical AZ roads.
For new 4-wheelers:
If you want to understand how your Jeep functions…
If you want to try some trails, under professional guidance…
If you are pretty sure you don’t want any “rock rash” …
This is the course for you!
This is an on-trail clinic—discussion and questions are encouraged. The trails we use contain ruts, hills, and rocks--all easily traversable by any 4x4 SUV. Scratches and body damage are not likely, though more adventurous options exist.
Led by Nena Barlow of Barlow Jeep Rentals & School
Limit 12 vehicles. First-timers only. FREE to members/fans. Sign-up now!
Email [email protected]
1. Your name
2. Your cell phone number
3. Vehicle description: year, model, any modifications
4. Club affiliation
For questions or sign-up contact us at: [email protected]