KOH 2012-Who's Going? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

KOH 2012-Who's Going?

Just curious if anyone is planning on going to KOH 2012. I'm thinking about heading there from Florida and possibly driving. I have buddies in just about every major city I'll hit on the way, so I can crash there if I want too.

Anyone?

BIG RED JEEP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm sure 99% of us locals will be there. I wish I could take the time to go for the whole week but that's not an option for me. I will be there on Friday-race day.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #3 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 05:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm not able to go during this time frame. Wondering if anyone from JKO going to enter the stock race set up this year at KOH.

Info here: http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-l...tock-vehicles/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 05:38 AM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

I'm doing my best to make it out this year!
post #5 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Pretty sure HAMMERED is building a rally car for the stock mod race on Sunday

Last yr. was alot of fun. Not sure if I'm camping the whole week....

Last edited by SlowMo; 12-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.
post #6 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 06:18 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I am planning on going out again this year but it's still somewhat up in the air because my wife's 30th birthday is the 5th. Luckily she wants to go to Vegas.

And that is only about 3.5 hours from KOH.

post #7 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 06:52 AM
JKowners Vendor

no need to ask the sPOD crew..

Cuz we're gonna be there!

-John the sPOD guy
switches jeeps panels jk-forum carling contura led switch windshield
post #8 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPOD-guy View Post
Cuz we're gonna be there!
Dad, I need to borrow that chair in the RV
post #9 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Rock God

I really really want to go but dunno if I can convince the wife. I know she wants to see her brother in camp pendleton so maybe we'll figure something out. Sure would be fawkin awesome.

post #10 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'll be there hanging with the gang from Poison Spyder....

post #11 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Just curious, for those that plan on going, do you plan on hitting it the whole week or just for the main race? Do you camp or get a hotel? I'm clueless on this. Just found out I'll be making it home in time to go. I was hoping to hit this and EJS, but EJS is not going to happen for me.

BIG RED JEEP

post #12 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 01:16 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8T2W8T View Post
Just curious, for those that plan on going, do you plan on hitting it the whole week or just for the main race? Do you camp or get a hotel? I'm clueless on this. Just found out I'll be making it home in time to go. I was hoping to hit this and EJS, but EJS is not going to happen for me.
There are some RV rentals out there. I can't remember the name of the company, but they set it up and take it home when you're done. It is there waiting on you.

I got out there on Tuesday last year and hit the desert that night and flew back home Saturday afternoon. It is a long haul to a hotel IMO but it could be worth it for a warm, comfortable bed, and a hot shower.

Kha went back and forth last year, ask him how that was. We we up every night until very late and he was always around so I don't know if he ever actually went back to town.

Those of you who haven't been - pack some warm clothes. Some real warm clothes. I wasn't prepared for sub 20* weather at all and had to hit up Wal-Mart in Banning. LOL

Marcus

post #13 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

It gets cold at night! Last year I slept in a tent. If I go next year I'll probably do the same thing but I'd for sure bringing a tent heater!!
post #14 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 01:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Ill be there all week again
post #15 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

I am going to do everything in my power to make it out there this year

post #16 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'd like to go for the whole week, but haven't managed to swing that yet. I'm hoping to do that this year though. Both times I've gone, I got up there on thurs and stayed till sat and camped. Gets cold in a tent but definitely do able.

NOT A DUDE!

Steel Blue 2008 Sahara 2dr with stuff & things
NONE SHALL PASS!
post #17 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 PM
JKO Addict!

I will be doing my best to make the trek south Long way to travel so I will be there as long as I can.

I will have to have a few beers with some of you
post #18 of 96 Old 10-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Rock God

I asked my wife about it and she said she's game for it. We wouldn't be staying there the whole week tho. Probably drive out there weds and be there thurs and Friday and hit up Vegas sat and go home Sunday. Be a shitload of driving but "honey it'll be an ADVENTURE!!"

post #19 of 96 Old 10-08-2011, 03:20 PM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
Dad, I need to borrow that chair in the RV
Yeah, and I'm gonna need a bed. I'm not spooning with Kha in the backseat of the tow rig. again.
post #20 of 96 Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Rock God

Wouldn't miss it!!!

post #21 of 96 Old 10-08-2011, 06:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Just curious if anyone is planning on going to KOH 2012. I'm thinking about heading there from Florida and possibly driving. I have buddies in just about every major city I'll hit on the way, so I can crash there if I want too.

Anyone?
That would be awesome and would love to join you but it is still really early for me to tell if I can make it.

post #22 of 96 Old 10-08-2011, 10:15 PM
JKO Addict!

its a possibility for me.. I just met the chief of a race crew...I could possibly be working it with them.. I'm keeping my thumbs crossed..lol

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #23 of 96 Old 10-08-2011, 10:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Anyone?
Quote:
I plan on going for the next one but not sure for how many days.

I am almost at the finishline but you can always crash for a night at my place in Phoenix before the final stretch. If not at my house then I have an additional 649 guest rooms at my hotel.

I don't think I have spoken to you since I moved out here.

As far as at the race. Plan like it is primitive camping like back in the day at Hardrock (minus the scary wasp infested bathroom). Unless you have an RV you are on the surface of the moon. I will probably be in a tent as well.
post #24 of 96 Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
I plan on going for the next one but not sure for how many days.

I am almost at the finishline but you can always crash for a night at my place in Phoenix before the final stretch. If not at my house then I have an additional 649 guest rooms at my hotel.

I don't think I have spoken to you since I moved out here.

As far as at the race. Plan like it is primitive camping like back in the day at Hardrock (minus the scary wasp infested bathroom). Unless you have an RV you are on the surface of the moon. I will probably be in a tent as well.
I'm pretty much planing on turning into a caveman for the week. I'm not sure if I'll bring a tent or just sleep in the jeep yet, but either way I'm sure the cold will damn near kill me each night anyway.

BIG RED JEEP

post #25 of 96 Old 12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'll be out there all week! Looking forward to it.

IndyORV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
We're not gonna play the pony tail faggot game here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode