2011 Killington Jeep Jamboree - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

2011 Killington Jeep Jamboree

Anyone here going to the 2011 Killington Jeep Jamboree? I'll be there. Love this event.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Adam
First Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Cricket, cricket. BTTT

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #3 of 16 Old 07-04-2011, 08:59 AM

So the crickets will stop chirping, I am go up to Killington for my first Jamboree. I have a stocker JK Unlimited so we will not be on the same trails. I am looking forward to it.

BTW this is my 4th Jeep and have done some off road trails with my old Jeeps, this will be the first time with this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-05-2011, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepTB View Post
So the crickets will stop chirping, I am go up to Killington for my first Jamboree. I have a stocker JK Unlimited so we will not be on the same trails. I am looking forward to it.

BTW this is my 4th Jeep and have done some off road trails with my old Jeeps, this will be the first time with this one.
Ah, fresh meat! A new, stock JK on a jamboree. I love it! See you there. Where ru from?

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #5 of 16 Old 07-05-2011, 05:06 AM

I see you from L.I., NY, I grew up in Putnam Co. NY, worked in Westchester Co. I now live in the NW corner of Connecticut. I am looking forward to going to Killington. between having to put hooks on the JK and the price of the Jamboree I was never able to go. Now I have the hooks and tomorrow I am taking off the side step and putting on rock sliders. If you see a stock JK 4dr with a hard top, CT plates and a 50 year old guy with his 17 year nephew stop and say hello. See you up there.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepTB View Post
I see you from L.I., NY, I grew up in Putnam Co. NY, worked in Westchester Co. I now live in the NW corner of Connecticut. I am looking forward to going to Killington. between having to put hooks on the JK and the price of the Jamboree I was never able to go. Now I have the hooks and tomorrow I am taking off the side step and putting on rock sliders. If you see a stock JK 4dr with a hard top, CT plates and a 50 year old guy with his 17 year nephew stop and say hello. See you up there.
What color jeep?
I'm pretty easy to spot, very few sunburst orange JKs. I'll have my 35s on and my two young kids with me as usual. You will have a blast. This is a great venue.

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #7 of 16 Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam View Post
Anyone here going to the 2011 Killington Jeep Jamboree? I'll be there. Love this event.

What is the date of this
post #8 of 16 Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary6321 View Post
What is the date of this
next weekend. But if you have to ask you can't go. It sells out in about 2 weeks who won the date is initially released in december. Check out the jeep jamboree usa website for details

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #9 of 16 Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Ipe
Rock God

I've always thought a Jamboree looked fun, but I could never stomach the $$$$ needed to join in. Too spendy... Hope you have a great time though

post #10 of 16 Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

definitely pricey but it is an experience like no other. I think all off roafers should try it at least once before bashing it.

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #11 of 16 Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Wheeler

Adam, glad to hear you are coming back again. I was leading the Timberjack trail last year in the yellow CJ5.

Name:  DSC00075.JPG
Views: 670
Size:  892.0 KB

This year I am pinch hitting on whichever trail fills up the most. I am guessing DD because they alway need help on that one. Saturday I'm leading the Chateaguay Trail, this year it's a sat. only trail. I am hoping it drys out some. Boy is it wet up there.

See you there!
post #12 of 16 Old 07-08-2011, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yup, I love this event. I haven't done those two trails. I'll have to check my notes and pics to remember my trails last year. I have 35s this year, so who knows what I'll try. See you NEXT WEEKEND!

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #13 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I posted the tracks of this weekend's trails I ran, glades & bullwinkle, in this thread:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55265

Vermont Jeep Jamboree

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #14 of 16 Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM

First time too!

Was there as a first timer too-did the more mild trails- 5 Corners and Chateguay or however you spell it!
Had blast!! Love my Rubicon and all it can do, just wish I was as prepared as my ride is to do this stuf, but I'm learning. . ..now just some mods and then some tougher trails next year!
post #15 of 16 Old 07-18-2011, 01:43 PM

I was a first timer too. I have a very stock JKU so I did 101 on Friday. I learned a lot and it was more challenging then I thought it would be. The first half was real easy because it was all service roads up Pico Mountain. The second half way more challenging beause it was all trails through the woods. Through my inexperience I put a dimple in my bumper and damaged the charcoal filter for the emissions system. Saturday I took 5 Corners. Because I went on 101 the day before I had no problems what so ever. I handles every obstacle with confidence and with ease. I do have to say that my rock rails saved me from some damage. Thank God I took off those butt ugly side step and put the rails on last week. I now have to decide what mods I will be adding to my Jeep.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Rock God

Garage

Hey Adam, are you going again this year? I just got a call about the waiting list. My name came up now. Anyone from Long Island going?

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode