A Jeep Beach THANK YOU to JKO and JKO VENDORS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-16-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

A Jeep Beach THANK YOU to JKO and JKO VENDORS

Its been a great ride and I want to thank all of you that jumped on board with me, believed me when I said you should come all the way to Florida for a Jeep show, sent money, sent raffle items and supported this event to make it bigger and better.

Jeep Beach 2011 was a huge success because of you! We wouldnt have Jeep Beach if no one believed in it.

Just a review...

I attended my first Jeep Beach in 2008 and after seeing 83 Jeeps and only $1500 in raffle prizes I asked the JB Director if I could take over the vendors. He agreed.

Then thanks to Grant (thank you) I met and made friends with Robin Braig, President of Daytona International Speedway. I called Robin and asked if we could have a Jeep event in his speedway. He laughed but said if I thought we could make it work he would go for it.

The rest is history

2009 - 350 Jeeps, 30K in raffles
2010 - 737 Jeeps, 50 K in raffles
2011 - the official numbers arent in but Ive been told they stopped counting after 950 and there were several more hundred to come in. The beach parade unofficial well over 500 just thru the main gate. over 60K in raffles and donations.

As most of you know I have resigned and moved on. Difference of opinions, my new business and new location. But I want to give props to Milli Rice for holding it together and most the members of the MFJC for taking it on, moving it forward and to future success - cheers. But most of all THANK YOU JKO for believing we could do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Garage

^5 Rooster.. You may have moved on, but you definitely left your mark on that event that can never be erased.

And Rock on Millie!

įlllllį

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #3 of 18 Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So what is the new event your working on? Panhandle jeep break?
great job this year and best wishes with the new endeavors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped put on this great event! I'm already counting down the days until next year

For those of you who haven't experienced Jeep Beach, you have NO IDEA what you're missing!
post #5 of 18 Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
So what is the new event your working on? Panhandle jeep break?
great job this year and best wishes with the new endeavors

LOL I hear Texas is pretty big...Jeep Rodeo? Jeep Round Up? or at least thats where I heard Im headed.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Rooster

Great Job in building the event to what it is today! You will always have our support!

Rock Krawler Suspension
post #7 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post

LOL I hear Texas is pretty big...Jeep Rodeo? Jeep Round Up? or at least thats where I heard Im headed.
DO IT!

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #8 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Rock God

We had to miss this year but I was there in 09 when it was 350. I hope you leaving doesn't mean this event goes down. We plan to be at it next year... I miss the beach!

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #9 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Granite Guru

Bummed we couldn't make it this year. Glad to hear that the event continues to grow. Hope to see everyone in 2012!

Check out my cupcakes!

post #10 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Wheeler

Wherever the event will be I'll be, I'll still drive from IL for it Rooster. Had a great time and met a lot of good people.
post #11 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Rock God

Garage

It was our 1st Jeep Beach and will not be our last!!!

Thanks again Jeff for leading the way and good luck in your future success.

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
I won't even SQUINT, WHICH IS SAD WHEN I'm F-ING ASIAN!
post #12 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

Rooster. thanks. we had a pretty decent time. woulda been a little better if we could have worked out a baby sitter i'm sure. our 5mo old kept us pretty busy. all in all, it was fun. Lori had a wakeup call having been used to wheeling our old ZJ which was pretty heavily modded compared to a JK with mild mods. lol...

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #13 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

*Like*

Nice work guys!
post #14 of 18 Old 05-17-2011, 04:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Jeff, let me know if you want to have dinner with Eddie Gossage (President of Texas Motorspeedway).

I'll see what i can do if you are interested
post #15 of 18 Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks to all of you for your hard work making it what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
Jeff, let me know if you want to have dinner with Eddie Gossage (President of Texas Motorspeedway).

I'll see what i can do if you are interested
lol nice

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #16 of 18 Old 05-18-2011, 12:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for bringing us all together Jeff. You ain't really going anywhere. I'd say as a community, we're pretty hard to get away from.

Thanks for all the hard work.
post #17 of 18 Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for all your hard work Rooster! I have made the last two and I'm already looking forward to next year.

2010 Sahara Unlimited & a 1998 TJ - See my You Tube channel
post #18 of 18 Old 05-18-2011, 05:05 PM
/// SPIDERWEBSHADE.COM

THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Its been a great ride and I want to thank all of you that jumped on board with me, believed me when I said you should come all the way to Florida for a Jeep show, sent money, sent raffle items and supported this event to make it bigger and better.

Jeep Beach 2011 was a huge success because of you! We wouldnt have Jeep Beach if no one believed in it.

Just a review...

I attended my first Jeep Beach in 2008 and after seeing 83 Jeeps and only $1500 in raffle prizes I asked the JB Director if I could take over the vendors. He agreed.

Then thanks to Grant (thank you) I met and made friends with Robin Braig, President of Daytona International Speedway. I called Robin and asked if we could have a Jeep event in his speedway. He laughed but said if I thought we could make it work he would go for it.

The rest is history

2009 - 350 Jeeps, 30K in raffles
2010 - 737 Jeeps, 50 K in raffles
2011 - the official numbers arent in but Ive been told they stopped counting after 950 and there were several more hundred to come in. The beach parade unofficial well over 500 just thru the main gate. over 60K in raffles and donations.

As most of you know I have resigned and moved on. Difference of opinions, my new business and new location. But I want to give props to Milli Rice for holding it together and most the members of the MFJC for taking it on, moving it forward and to future success - cheers. But most of all THANK YOU JKO for believing we could do it!
Thanks Jeff, John, Millie we had a blast!

Jeep Beach 2011 was a huge success thanks to the obvious hard work put in by the MID FLORIDA JEEP CLUB officers and all its members. The week long event was everything we had hoped it would be and a great time was had by all! We can't wait until next year!

YouTube - /// JEEP BEACH 2011 /// THE EVENT

We Do It Right. We Did It First. We Do It Here.

/// 321.251.7258
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode