The Official JKO Moab Easter Jeep Run And Near Beer Drink Fest Info Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 136 Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
The Official JKO Moab Easter Jeep Run And Near Beer Drink Fest Info Thread

Join us on the JKOwners.com official run on Pritchett Canyon at Easter Jeep Safari!

This invite only JKO run will take place the morning of Wednesday 4/20/11. We will be meeting at the McDonald's parking lot in town. We will be leaving the parking lot at 7:00AM so that we can beat the crowds. This is a difficult trail and is not meant for newbies. If you are afraid of possible damage, you should not sign up. I highly recommend 35" tires or larger, lockers and a winch. If you joined us on our previous runs on Clawhammer or Aftershock at the Hammers, you will have no problem on Pritchett Canyon.

From the Red Rock Four Wheeler's website (the official hosts of EJS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.rr4w.com
This trail has become so difficult that it inspired a new rating a few years ago. Two locking differentials are required, and a winch is urgently requested. Our experience is that fewer than ten percent of the vehicles can make it unaided. Mortality of vehicle parts is very high. There are no easy bypasses.

If you can take your eyes off the obstacles long enough, you'll find a splendidly beautiful, narrow canyon. The trail climbs the lower part of the canyon and exits via a side canyon over a divide into the Hunter Canyon system. Your leader then will choose among several optional routes (depending on how long it took to get there and how many wounded vehicles there are).

We learned years ago that so much time was spent at the obstacles with more than our limit of 25 vehicles that the fun turned into boredom.

Scenery: While in the canyon, the views are of the steep canyon walls, large side-canyon pour-offs, and a pool-speckled creek bottom. Pritchett Arch, Window Arch, and some smaller spans are visible from the trail. The canyon is within the rock fin country of Behind the Rocks, and is the boundary of the Behind the Rocks WSA.

Road Surface: The trail follows the bouldery creek bottom at first but then climbs onto ledge routes on a mixture of rock layers and dirt. The major obstacles are several forms of bedrock now exposed after erosion of the early roadway.

Obstacles: The first real test is a couple of miles up the canyon at the nastily angled ledges of the Rocker Knocker. A little farther, a rock fall area has become a major hazard. Just above that is The Rock Pile, a several-foot ledge that requires a pile of rocks just to get wheels on the slope, while a so-called bypass is almost as difficult and hazardous. Next is Yellow Hill, where the road reaches for the canyon top on a very uneven ledge of multicolored rock.

We will have some awesome JKO Vendors along for the ride and they will be bringing along plenty of free swag for all participants and a lunchtime raffle: Polyperformance, Poison Spyder Customs, Rock Krawler Suspension, Teraflex, JeepAddOns.com, Currie Enterprises have already come on board. We will provide t-shirts for all participants.

This will be a full day on the trail. We will provide a small lunch (hotdogs or sandwiches) so if you want something fancy, bring it yourself. You should also bring your own beverages (no alcohol).

The fun is just beginning once we finish the trail!

The after trail party will be at Woody's Tavern where they will have a section for us.

All participants of the run will receive a wrist band which will get you free drinks until Lance runs out of money!

The run is limited to the first 30 capable vehicles. If you want to sign up, please email Morne (the JKO office manager) at [email protected] the following info:

Your Name:
Your JKO Username:
How many passengers:
Vehicle:
Lockers? Front: Rear:
Winch:
Tires:
Shirt sizes:

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 136 Old 02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Rock God

yea baby!!!!!!:bee r:

here's from last year, i rode with smokey and nicapower on pritchett since my jeep got really injured earlier in the week.

YouTube - Nica Power Making It Up Rocker Knocker

now smokey

YouTube - Rocker Knocker Moab-Smokey Making It

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.

Last edited by RamboSFJC; 02-23-2011 at 04:29 PM.
post #3 of 136 Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Rock God

Sweet! Can't wait to run Pritchett!

Athough Hit... you might wanna let the LGs know it's not rated a 4 it's rated a 9!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 136 Old 02-23-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
Sweet! Can't wait to run Pritchett!

Athough Hit... you might wanna let the LGs know it's not rated a 4 it's rated a 9!
Yeah I guess they changed the scale.. on the old scale (1-5) it was a 4+ new scale (1-10) its a 9 to 9+.

Anyway you look at it, it is one of the most challenging trails in Moab... Very suiting for a JKO run.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #5 of 136 Old 02-23-2011, 08:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSFJC View Post
yea baby!!!!!!:bee r:

here's from last year, i rode with smokey and nicapower on pritchett since my jeep got really injured earlier in the week.

YouTube - Nica Power Making It Up Rocker Knocker

now smokey

YouTube - Rocker Knocker Moab-Smokey Making It
What? No love for your fellow 50/50? Now that I left Florida I no longer exist Rambo?

We going to do Behind the Rocks backwards again?
post #6 of 136 Old 02-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Rock God

Lol, my bad, and no.:.. maybe

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
post #7 of 136 Old 02-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

sweet I'll be there. hopefully we dont get backed up like last year.

• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #8 of 136 Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Granite Guru

Heather and I don't land in Moab until Wednesday afternoon, so we will miss the run, but we'll be at the party!

Check out my cupcakes!

post #9 of 136 Old 02-24-2011, 11:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Heather and I don't land in Moab until Wednesday afternoon, so we will miss the run, but we'll be at the party!
That's why you should drive with Lance and I
post #10 of 136 Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Rock God

Garage

One day I'll make it to Moab, one day....

Poison Spyder BFH w/ TRail Stinger,Teraflex Budget Boost,Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers,Warn M8000,AEM Cold Air Intake,DIY Fender chop
Pro Comp Wheels
Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediamaxim View Post
I won't even SQUINT, WHICH IS SAD WHEN I'm F-ING ASIAN!
post #11 of 136 Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Wheeler

should I opt out?

Was there for the Canyonlands run last year which was a good time.. Thinking my rig might be outclassed for this Pritchett. JK unlimited with 3.5" lift, 35s, rear d44 w/locker, front d30 no locker, full skid kit and sliders, warn 9.5Ti. I'm driving 20 hours from Canada and need to be able to drive back; should I opt out of this trail? Need real advise on this one, not just "yeahhh do it!!"
post #12 of 136 Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepThing08 View Post
Was there for the Canyonlands run last year which was a good time.. Thinking my rig might be outclassed for this Pritchett. JK unlimited with 3.5" lift, 35s, rear d44 w/locker, front d30 no locker, full skid kit and sliders, warn 9.5Ti. I'm driving 20 hours from Canada and need to be able to drive back; should I opt out of this trail? Need real advise on this one, not just "yeahhh do it!!"
If you added an Aussie front locker, you could do it just fine. Without a front locker, you'd be winching over a few things.

post #13 of 136 Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Rock God

Here's and overview of Pritchett form last years Red Rock EJS Pritchett run http://www.youtube.com/user/PoisonSp.../8/jcPdrO4icQ0

A few short clips of some of the obstacles on Pritchett

Rocker Knocker the hard way ;-) http://www.facebook.com/poisonspyder...=1373001359062

Rock Pile
http://www.facebook.com/poisonspyder...=1375578543490

and for those who wanna continue to Behind the Rocks...
White Knuckle
http://www.facebook.com/poisonspyder...=1372128217234

Can't wait for this run!!!!!

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #14 of 136 Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Granite Guru

Let's try this:
Rockpile...

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=1375578543490

Cheri McRae
Poison Spyder Customs, Inc.

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

/
post #15 of 136 Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Granite Guru

And Rocker Knocker...

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=1373001359062

Cheri McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

/
post #16 of 136 Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Granite Guru

And White Knuckle...
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1372128217234

Cheri McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

/
post #17 of 136 Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
Are you guys doing this trail on Tuesday, also?
Yes, we're the Official Sponsor of the Red Rock 4 Wheelers, EJS, Pritchett run on Tuesday. Luckily it's my favorite trail in Moab. We'll have goodies for both runs.

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #18 of 136 Old 02-26-2011, 11:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Very cool. We are in for sure! The best part about pritchett is the Ricky Racing on the way out!

RK
post #19 of 136 Old 02-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Rock God

It's looking like we'll be there with a little something for everyone.
post #20 of 136 Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Rock God

Count me in, not sure about the wife though. I want to take her to Elephant Hill if theres any trips planned there.
post #21 of 136 Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

As of right now the "As In Seat Time" will be an early 7am from the McDonald's parking lot.
post #22 of 136 Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

Now just to figure out how we are getting there drive or trailer hmmmm.

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #23 of 136 Old 03-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
As of right now the "As In Seat Time" will be an early 7am from the McDonald's parking lot.
7AM, that doesn't leave much room for boozing Tuesday night! Haha... I guess one night off outta 2 weeks won't hurt me!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #24 of 136 Old 03-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Granite Guru

Just sent a email out in response to the PM about this run. If there are still slots open I'll be there

Pritchett is my favorite Moab run.

'07 Rubicon Unlimited - 37" MTR's - Tera 4" - Shrockworks protection - 5.13's etc
post #25 of 136 Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

Email sent! This should be interesting to say the least.

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode