Jk-Experience challenge 2.0 helldorado moab - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Jk-Experience challenge 2.0 helldorado moab

JK Experience Challenge Version 2.0
Moab Challenge from Hell...dorado
Yes, we have to have good humor and humility at our own expense or putting on the 2011 Off Road Evolution JK Experience presented by Falken Tire series of events would be a job and not considered the true passion that we enjoy.

We are proud to announce that the 2011 JK Experience Challenge has been rescheduled and will be held at Area BFE on their legendary trail, Helldorado.

When: Saturday April 23rd, 2011 - 10am
Where: Moab, Utah - Area BFE
Why: To test the JK's limitations and it's drivers skills to the extreme.

The JK Experience Challenge - Helldorado - will truly test every inch of the JK's and drivers capability on one of the most technical trails in North America. Or should we say... "the most non forgiving and metal mashing trails"... with obstacles named - The Gate Keeper, The Squeeze, Can Opener, and the illustrious Waterfall.

Before signing up for this JK Experience Challenge, we highly suggest Google searching and YouTube viewing as many images and videos possible of Helldorado. When people and trail ratings post, "Body Damage and Breakage" as their main headline we promise you they are not kidding. If it was an easy trail we would not call it the JK Experience Challenge.

Mel Wade, founder of JK Experience wanted the Challenge to take place on the most difficult trails in North America. If, rocks scraping through your beautiful body panels, crashing through your factory hard top windows and eating the side wall of your tires away from those pretty chrome polished bead locked rims, does not sound like your cup of tea, then we hope to see you as a spectator. But if you and your JK think this JK Experience Challenge is for you, sign up today ( Email [email protected])!

This is the only JK Experience event that is truly open to anyone and everyone (with a JK of course) interested in participating. All other 2011 Off Road Evolution JK Experience presented by Falken Tire events are by invite only. The winner of this JK Experience Challenge will get an invite to this years JK Experience "Main" (7 day) run. Wait, did we say winner? Yes, this will be a timed run with a staggered start 5 minutes apart.

Link

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM
JKO Addict!

We were, but we are going to join in on this instead. It will be alot of fun for sure. The more JK's the marrier!

I am not sure about the 5 minute staggered starts though! If someone breaks in there, it will be ugly for sure. That trail can turn into a parking lot quick...

Rock Krawler
post #3 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Rock God

I can't find a video of a JK that has successfully done Helldorado.

Is anyone aware of one?

There is no way an unstretched 2 door could do the Waterfall other than by winch, but I am wondering about the rest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM
JKowners Vendor

Location: behind a computer answering questions. Wish it was a trail.

This is going to be a blast to participate in! When I say participate, photo and video.
post #5 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Garage

Timed Event??

Be careful, if your insurance company gets wind your junk was in a timed event you are on your own as far as damage or injury to your rig or others.

Other than that.. sounds like a kick ass event for sure!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #6 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

this sounds like fun... unfortunately my rig is undergoing surgery and I don't think I'll be ready by April.
But man I'd love to participate in the JK experience one year.

homebuilt JK - blood, sweat, lemonade. renamed LOOSE NUTS
post #7 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Timed Event??

Be careful, if your insurance company gets wind your junk was in a timed event you are on your own as far as damage or injury to your rig or others.

Other than that.. sounds like a kick ass event for sure!
x2, insurance won't even cover medical if it is a timed event/race.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #8 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So is the Johnson Valley challenge dead now?
post #9 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well, I was going to have a great window sticker made in eddies honor for the JV event. Was also looking forward to wheeling with a lot of the best JK builds out there.

Probably not going to make the Moab thing, bad timing and Moab really doesn't get my dick hard.
post #10 of 54 Old 02-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

They run the hammers in 2012
post #11 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor
Thumbs down I EXPECTED A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE...

this just rubs me the wrong way
[ranton]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
They are both dead for me, I asked on JK-Experience facebook page if Eddie from JKF was going to be at BFE. There answer was we hope so, he has been a great supporter of JK-Experience. I know where I will NOT be on Big Saturday. And of course in fine JKF fashion, it looks as if I have been removed from JK Experience facebook page.

IBTM......
WTF? Now I'm unsure what I'll be doing on Big Saturday...

Sorry all, I'm just not impressed by the JK-Experience stuff. You can't have an event for JKs and then remove/ban JK people from event/sponsor/host sites and functions.
"Hey, check this out. We Eleet!"
*joined/registered on site/facebook*
"Oh, this guy is from JKO, remove him."
*removed from site/facebook*
"Hey, check this out! We Eleet! We only accept our ass friends!"
*ffs...really?!?!*
Just doesn't make any sense to me. Great job of promoting!
In my book JK-E is just more JK-F afterbirth.

I thought things would be different this year. Sorry Mel, you're a stand up guy but, you really need to stop distancing yourself from the majority of JK Jeep owners and fans. These people are the real Jeep community. Don't lower yourself and others around you by removing interested JKOwners from events and event Facebook pages. Be cool, not an F'n tool.

[/rantoff]

IBTM......

• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #12 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

you need to stop relating jk-experience to jk forum
remember jk forum boycotted jk experience and wouldnt go on it cause of sean holman and 4wheelers involvement, eddie was not there
I got banned for posting pics from jk experience, eddie pretty much deleted any existence of it.
there is no mention of this event on jk forum
jk experience is put on by falken tire and off road evo not jk-forum
not trying to start world war 3 just saying that eddie has nothing to do with it

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #13 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

I'm not one to go to that side of the internet. I was not aware of that. Still that fool is attending the event and supporting it. Why would he bann you and delete the posts when his actions speak otherwise?

Yeah, we get it. I'm a Dick.

Moving on then....

I still plan on attending the event though. If that means anything to anyone.
I'll give it a go. Not a fan of the time trail though. It may still be a lot of fun.
First round is on me. Enjoy Your Dick Beer! LoL

• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

Last edited by Liquor; 02-21-2011 at 06:36 AM.
post #14 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
you need to stop relating jk-experience to jk forum
remember jk forum boycotted jk experience and wouldnt go on it cause of sean holman and 4wheelers involvement, eddie was not there
I got banned for posting pics from jk experience, eddie pretty much deleted any existence of it.
there is no mention of this event on jk forum
jk experience is put on by falken tire and off road evo not jk-forum
not trying to start world war 3 just saying that eddie has nothing to do with it
Then why are JKO members being banned from JKX pages? I like Mel as he is the only one of the sheep that wheels his rig hard, but it seems as though JKX is not friendly to those that left the Matrix. JKX still has JKF links and still lists them as a sponsor. I thought that things were changing with the whole "JK Experience", and it was going to include folks like me rather than Vendors and sheep and they were going to drop the idiotic rules like "no stickers on your jeep". The JKX could have been a big deal if they played the cards right, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Ohh, well, luckily I live within a days drive of the best trails on earth. We should start our own "JKO Challenge" in JV. Make an episode of JKO-TV out of it.
post #15 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Garage

Really.. you guys got to let some shit go, or seek therapy.

Who gives a shit who is there or not... really, you have to ask if so and so is gonna be there and let that be the determining factor of an event.. thats pretty weak.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #16 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Then why are JKO members being banned from JKX pages? I like Mel as he is the only one of the sheep that wheels his rig hard, but it seems as though JKX is not friendly to those that left the Matrix. JKX still has JKF links and still lists them as a sponsor. I thought that things were changing with the whole "JK Experience", and it was going to include folks like me rather than Vendors and sheep and they were going to drop the idiotic rules like "no stickers on your jeep". The JKX could have been a big deal if they played the cards right, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Ohh, well, luckily I live within a days drive of the best trails on earth. We should start our own "JKO Challenge" in JV. Make an episode of JKO-TV out of it.
If someone came on JKO's FB and was talking shit or causing problems they would be removed. I have had zero problems on JKX FB but I also dont bring the drama there either.

Bleh...

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #17 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post

Really.. you guys got to let some shit go, or seek therapy.

Who gives a shit who is there or not... really, you have to aske if so and so is gonna be there and let that be the determining factor of an event.. thats pretty weak.
I don't give a damn if Edwina shows or not. Its the banning thing that gets me. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
post #18 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
I don't give a damn if Edwina shows or not. Its the banning thing that gets me. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Yeah.. right.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #19 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Garage

The point is, JKX is a third party.. Why would they allow the drama on their FB site? I wouldn't either if I were them... has nothing to do with them.

As far as JKX goes, there were JKO guys on the last run with no problems. You can't run un approved decals cause the sponsors who pay money say so.. this is not unusual... everything isn't "Eddie's" fault... don't give him that much credit.

I am gonna guess that if anyone got kicked off JKX FB is wasn't cause they were talking shit about Eddie, its because they were talking shit.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #20 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Really, who cares who is going as long as we all have a good time? If you have to avoid someone well then so be it! Hell, I am sure there will be people there who don't like me, but I am still going!

Jeremy
post #21 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

IBTM!!!
post #22 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Granite Guru

I havent liked you for almost 11 years. I just keep you around cause your wife is HOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Really, who cares who is going as long as we all have a good time? If you have to avoid someone well then so be it! Hell, I am sure there will be people there who don't like me, but I am still going!

Jeremy

Thanks!!
Joe Daro
Absolute Offroad

07 JK Rubicon with a "few" Mods....and NO!, My ESP light IS NOT ON!
post #23 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Offroad View Post
I havent liked you for almost 11 years. I just keep you around cause your wife is HOT.
Well, she did just give birth to our first child so she would be useless to you! LOL...

JP
post #24 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Granite Guru

C'mon. We both know thats not the FIRST child. Its just the first child to not have BROWN eyes...Besides, she has been doing her kagel exercises for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Well, she did just give birth to our first child so she would be useless to you! LOL...

JP

Thanks!!
Joe Daro
Absolute Offroad

07 JK Rubicon with a "few" Mods....and NO!, My ESP light IS NOT ON!
post #25 of 54 Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Talking

Show up have a good time, push you and your rig to the limit.
Have fun!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode