Bantam Jeep Festival, Butler Pa Aug 12-14 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 02-18-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Bantam Jeep Festival, Butler Pa Aug 12-14

From the sounds of the last email I received on this its shaping up to be a pretty big deal. They are celebrating the 70th anniversary of the birth of the jeep here in Butler Pa. Right now there are Jeeps registered for the event from 20 states, and they are going to start advertising in JP, 4wheel & off road and a few other places. So check out their web site and see what ya think. WWW.bantamjeepfestival.com

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.

Last edited by jk_ed; 02-18-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Wheeler

Already registered

2008 2dr.X, auto, Synergy 2" springs, track bars, fr lower control arms, ball joints, track bar braces, and tie rod, Teraflex shocks, sway bar links, and tire carrier, JCR bumpers, Rubicon rock rails, Ace rock rails, PJ backbone and C gussets, Benchmark Evap skid, Skid Row oilpan skid, Quadratech 9500 winch, 16x8 Pro Comp aluminum wheels, 315/75-16 Cooper STT tires, 4.88 gears, fr. and rr. Truetracs, and some other bits & pieces.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine. USMC 1984-1988
post #3 of 26 Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitekrdnk43 View Post
Already registered
ouch, this is 6 hours away from me

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

I've been keeping an eye on this one. I'd like to get out there with my GPW and my JK. Looks like its gonna be a good time.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #5 of 26 Old 02-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
I've been keeping an eye on this one. I'd like to get out there with my GPW and my JK. Looks like its gonna be a good time.
Do you need a gunner, I know someone who likes Me duceUnsub

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Just registered...still less then 500 have signed up. Seems like a nice "all-things-Jeepy" weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty of Jeeps to check out. They have a very good 47 min video on the website on the history of the "Jeep". See ya'll in Butler

2010 Rubicon Unlimited - AEV hood w/ hoodlifts : Rugged Ridge front skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite & RICO DIY Rails: Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor PRO : Skyjacker Nitro's : Poly Performance rear LCA skids/shock relo : Injen power-flow CAI : aFe Machforce 3" CAT back : Diablosport Predator : SuperWinch EPi9.0S.
...suffering from a small Jeep addiction.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 26 Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Just registered for the parade, sounds pretty cool

09 yellow JK with 2 inch lift 33's on Pro Comp wheels,Raingler straps
post #8 of 26 Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Wheeler

Parade registration is full. I'm coming down from Canada for this. If anyone knows someone who registered for the parade but can't go, I'd gladly take the spot!!
post #9 of 26 Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Granite Guru

Will be there, registered back in January, heading out Thurs will look for some JKO members there

2011 Mango Tango Rubicon Unlimited
2.5 Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters, poison spyder brawler light bumper with skid, xrc 8 comp winch
post #10 of 26 Old 08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'll be there with my wife and daughter. Last update I heard was over 1200 registered so they closed the registration. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty huge event!

Bill aka

ɯǝlqoɹd ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ'uoʇsnoɥ
'09 JK - 4.5", 37's, snorkel, chopped flares, XRC Front Bumper (FOR SALE - $11,750)
'98 TJ - 3", 32's
'89 M101A2 trailer - cargo/expedition wagon
'89 Winnebago Chieftain - camper/tow rig

Trail Guide: 2015-2017 Topless for Tatas, 2015-2017 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
post #11 of 26 Old 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Granite Guru

I'll be there i was in the first 500 registered will be camping at the fairgrounds as well.

2008 Black X 2" Rusty's lift, 33's XRC rear Bumper ( Traded in on Arctic)
2012 Arctic Edition (Traded in on Truck )
post #12 of 26 Old 08-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Granite Guru

I will be there, should be at the fair grounds mid afternoon. With the amount of people there are going to be, might be lucky to find anyone.

Banned from that "other" site.

Let's go find some rocks! =)
post #13 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

supposedly it's going to be insanely huge. they had to cut off registration for the show n shine at 600!!!

i'm going to be on vacation so i'm not going to make it. It looks like an awesome time. I'll be at jeepfest the following week though.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #14 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Wheeler

leaving 8/7 from Socal and expect to be there Thursday night. I'm not in a JK but look for a silver LJ with "BELLYRASH" on the hood and Cali license plates that say the same. I'm also camping at the fairgrounds and will have some of the best tequila in PA with me

Tim
post #15 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 08:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellyrash View Post
leaving 8/7 from Socal and expect to be there Thursday night. I'm not in a JK but look for a silver LJ with "BELLYRASH" on the hood and Cali license plates that say the same. I'm also camping at the fairgrounds and will have some of the best tequila in PA with me

Tim
GEEZE! are you coming out just for this? if you need a place to crash let me know

post #16 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Wheeler

Not "just for this", but it is the "excuse" I used with the better half to fulfill my desire to do a solo cross-country trip. I have no illusions about the loooong drive and have Tom Sawyer on audio CD to keep me company. How long has it been since any of us has read (or listened to in this case) a literary classic? For me, too many years! Look me up and say HELLO to a Jeep Freak from "the other coast".

Tim
post #17 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Not "just for this", but it is the "excuse" I used with the better half to fulfill my desire to do a solo cross-country trip. I have no illusions about the loooong drive and have Tom Sawyer on audio CD to keep me company. How long has it been since any of us has read (or listened to in this case) a literary classic? For me, too many years! Look me up and say HELLO to a Jeep Freak from "the other coast".

Tim
LOL. i've done the drive a few times in a jeep. I lived in idyllwild, CA (between palm springs and hemet). my recommendation is take the northern route. WAY better drive.

post #18 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
LOL. i've done the drive a few times in a jeep. I lived in idyllwild, CA (between palm springs and hemet). my recommendation is take the northern route. WAY better drive.
Idyllwild is a beautiful place to live. I camp up there at Silent Valley a few times a year with family. I'm taking the northwern route there and the southern route to visit family on the way back. Oklahoma and Texas are going to be a hot bitch to get through in August
post #19 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 10:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Idyllwild is a beautiful place to live. I camp up there at Silent Valley a few times a year with family. I'm taking the northwern route there and the southern route to visit family on the way back. Oklahoma and Texas are going to be a hot bitch to get through in August
Lol. I did it in my tj on 37" iroks pulling a trailer in the Middle of summer with no ac.... Never again!

post #20 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Wheeler

I've spent a month or so getting her ready for the journey. New 15" wheels and new BFG AT's in a 33 x 12.5 x 15 flavor, put the hardtop back on and had the door windows tinted for the trip to boost AC effects and to quiet the ride as much as possible. The only thing I didn't get done that I had hoped was a regear as I'm still on the rubi 4:10's. I can't imagine that trip without AC and on IROK's no less, you are the man!

Tim
post #21 of 26 Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I've spent a month or so getting her ready for the journey. New 15" wheels and new BFG AT's in a 33 x 12.5 x 15 flavor, put the hardtop back on and had the door windows tinted for the trip to boost AC effects and to quiet the ride as much as possible. The only thing I didn't get done that I had hoped was a regear as I'm still on the rubi 4:10's. I can't imagine that trip without AC and on IROK's no less, you are the man!

Tim
We left the back windows out, put the soft doors on and poured bags of ice on the floor. It was brutal.

Have fun man. I loved the trip

post #22 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Just 4 more days left…

Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival

There's no place better than Butler, Pa. to show your love for Jeep! That's because Butler is the birthplace of the Bantam Jeep, the world's first Jeep.

Butler's American Bantam Car Company developed, produced and delivered the Bantam model in 1940 in response to the U.S. Army's request for an all-purpose military vehicle. Nearly 3,000 Jeeps were produced at Bantam's Butler factory in 1940 and 1941.

The first annual Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival will take place August 12-14, 2011. Make plans to celebrate Jeep in the place where it all began. Butler, Pa...birthplace of the Jeep.

Visit www.bantamjeepfestival.com for more information and to register you Jeep for the festival.

All jeeps can register for the parade, more than 500 jeeps already have. We expect to officially break the record for most jeeps in a parade, will your jeep make history?

Jeeps of all types are coming from more than 20 states and Canada. Spectators are welcome! You don't need to own a jeep to attend the festival.

We Price Match -
us for a quote!

post #23 of 26 Old 08-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Granite Guru

Went to Butler yesterday for the parade. What a cluster f#*k. With all the time they said they put into planing it was a mess. We were going to drive back over today but not now.

09 yellow JK with 2 inch lift 33's on Pro Comp wheels,Raingler straps
post #24 of 26 Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 AM
JKO Addict!

If you guys swing by the scratch n dent area in the 4wd tent ask for Adam. Tell him you want the Dunbar hookup :-). Hel laugh... And make u a deal

post #25 of 26 Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Tim
Seen your jeep you were about 20 down from me in the lot at the college didn;t see you near was going to say hi

2008 Black X 2" Rusty's lift, 33's XRC rear Bumper ( Traded in on Arctic)
2012 Arctic Edition (Traded in on Truck )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode