Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree? Anyone Anyone? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree? Anyone Anyone?

We are thinking about going to the Jeep Jamboree in May at the Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. We have an 07 JK that can do it, but don't know if we want to spend the money! Has anyone been to this event and how is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Granite Guru

Heck, I would like to know if any of the Jamborees are worth it. I'm thinking about attending the one in Indiana.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-15-2011, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

I went years ago in my YJ, my brother took his TJ, and nephew in Scrambler... it's a beautiful place and we had a lot of fun. I would certainly go again, but I don't know I would pay the JeepJamboree fees. That was the first and most likely the last. Attending a Jeep Jamboree is something to do at least once. Wouldn't pay again and it just happed to fit my schedule best.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have attending the LBL jeep jamboree. It is a good event. Trails from mild to semi hardcore. Nothing at a Jeep on 35s can not tackle easily. I live about 3 hours from there so I have been to LBL many times.

As far as the price of the JJ, I guess it all depends on the person. If it is someplace that you would normally not ever go I think it is not that bad of a deal. You have guides that know the area and to me it is pretty stress free weekend.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME Long Travel HD Lift | Raceline Monster Beadlocks | 39.5 Irok Bias Tires| 5.13 Gears | PSC BFH Front Bumper | PSC Flares | PCS Crusher Corners |PSC Rock Brawler Rear w/tire carrier | Warn 9.5ti | ARB High Flow On Board Air | sPOD |Rock Hard Sport Cage | Poly High Steer Kit | Poly Front Track Bar Brace | Alloy Chromoly Rear Axle Shafts
post #5 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Wheeler

We make it to LBL every now and then. Its a good off-road area, but I wouldn't suggest paying the money to attend a JJ at a place that is only 1.5 hours from where you live. If I'm going to spend that kind of $$ it will be a somewhere far, far away from So IL.

There are some good rough roads on the Shawnee NF, but they won't open back up until mid-May. Some of us from So IL are heading to Moab end of June, into July. If you want to spend the money and go with us, let me know.

Last edited by notatreehugger; 02-16-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: More Info
post #6 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Granite Guru

I have been to the LBL area on my own several times. There are a lot of Forest Service roads to run in the LBL as well. I have not done the Jeep Jamboree there but have attended 3 at Moab and 1 at Ouray, CO. I like the Jamborees. Stress free, meet a lot of new friends, a good time for about the same price as two days at a professional sports venue. We are going to the Black Hills Jamboree this year.

So, you will enjoy the LBL area alone or with the group. The Jamborees are a lot of fun. Just whatever you decide. I do not think you will be dissapointed.

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill", Bob Arnett
post #7 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Granite Guru

THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDoc View Post
I have been to the LBL area on my own several times. There are a lot of Forest Service roads to run in the LBL as well. I have not done the Jeep Jamboree there but have attended 3 at Moab and 1 at Ouray, CO. I like the Jamborees. Stress free, meet a lot of new friends, a good time for about the same price as two days at a professional sports venue. We are going to the Black Hills Jamboree this year.

So, you will enjoy the LBL area alone or with the group. The Jamborees are a lot of fun. Just whatever you decide. I do not think you will be dissapointed.

Now all I have to do is find the time to get to one.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Granite Guru

JJ's are totally worth it to me. I roll with a family and we do the whole package, where they cook and give you lunch and stuff. The trail leaders are aewsome, and we did Snowshoe last year, which if you do not know is a winter ski resort, but in the summer the closes shopping etc is like 45 minutes away, so from my perspective having food included rocks! Generally they were very well run and we are doing 2-3 this year , first up is i PA in JUne.

2008 Unlimited, 2" Basic lift from Rusty's, JK quick disconnects,
Firestone MT 285 75 16 mounted to
Cragar Soft 8's 16x8 w/5" backspacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode