Jeep Camp '11 Black Hills SD (Jun 16-19) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep Camp '11 Black Hills SD (Jun 16-19)

What are you doing Father's Day weekend? Time to plan summer outings - summer will be here before you know it. Hopefully sooner than later it was -10* for a high here yesterday. brrrrrrr

Entries are limited reserve your space now!

Register: Jeep Camp

More Info Black Hills Jeep Club

We are the title sponsor and have been going for the last couple of years as participants. If you've never wheeled the Black Hills this is the event to start out doing so. Small numbers on the trails, great hosts and scenery. Oh, and the wheeling is off the charts!

Bob

I build stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

We're going to consider this one seriously. We've been to the Hills wheelin a couple of times and it is awesome. Need to check schedules and stuff before we register.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Granite Guru

i just saw this, it's right after i get home from the sandbox, defiantly going to try to work this one over on the wife, especially since i'm missing all the other jeep events

I don't need anger management classes you need shut the f*#K up classes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Granite Guru

I will be attending this event. I will be riding with my buddy though in his well prepaired TJ, which will be sporting a brand new T&T customs long arm

I got a chance to wheel the black hills last fall during the jeep jamboree, and we had a blast! Really looking forward to this one!
post #5 of 18 Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
It never ends...

My wife, Kids, and I will be there Both Jeeps.

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #6 of 18 Old 03-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
My wife, Kids, and I will be there Both Jeeps.
Awesome! I cant wait to see your jeep in person, instead of pictures on the web!
post #7 of 18 Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

sounds interesting. my schedule is clear.

• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #8 of 18 Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPlimo View Post
Awesome! I cant wait to see your jeep in person, instead of pictures on the web!
Looking forward to meeting you.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #9 of 18 Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Rock God

We are planning on it.

We've done BHJC 2 of the last 4 years and had a blast each time.

post #10 of 18 Old 04-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

We are signed up along with a few others from our jeep gang from Sheridan County.

Last edited by Stickdude; 03-14-2016 at 10:51 AM.
post #11 of 18 Old 04-01-2011, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Noice! Shaping up to be a great event and a good time wheelin'.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. If you haven't registerred yet there is still room to get in. Talking to the BHJ gus they have a few more open registrations left. Get 'em while you can!

Bob

I build stuff...
post #12 of 18 Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Cool! Is it OK for beginners? I guess I've got a little more experience than a beginner (and I've got most of the stuff that is required to attend, like the tow straps, etc), but I'm not yet confident enough in my ability to tackle higher level trails.

I've never been to South Dakota, so this might be a good excuse to go!
post #13 of 18 Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoCk-NeSs MoNsTeR View Post
Meh... If I wanted to go on a scenic drive through the hills I guess I would go to this event.... If I wanted to REALLY go wheeling I'd rather do the Dakota Territory Challenge with the Black Hills 4 Wheelers.
Why not do both? There isn't much difference in which trails they run. In fact, about every trail leader I've seen at Jeep Camp, I've seen lead or tail gun trails at DTC.

Trail Ratings:

Difficulty 5+: Buggy or Buggy Type Vehicles Only

Difficulty 5: Larger then stock off-road type tires, 2 traction devices, and winch required; body armor recommended, Expect vehicle damage

Difficulty 4+: Larger then stock off-road type tires and 2 traction devices required; body armor recommended; Vehicle damage likely

Difficulty 4: Larger then stock off-road type tires and 1 traction device required; body armor recommended; Vehicle damage possible

Difficulty 3+: Larger then stock off-road type tires

Difficulty 3: Stock 4 Wheel Drive, Low range required

Jeep Camp trails:

Fruity Pebbles Rock Gardens -> 5
Hal Johns -> 5
T-Back -> 5
Bikini -> 5
Kong -> 4+
Calamity Canyon -> 4
Iceman -> 4
Jake -> 4
Fullsize -> 4
Dugan's Prospect -> 3+
Polo Peak -> 3
Raspberry Ridge -> 3

Jeep Camp is a smaller event, but if requested, they can get permits to run additional trails.

DTC trails:

U Bolt -> 5+
Captain Crunch -> 5+
Fruity Pebbles Rock Gardens -> 5
Hal Johns -> 5
T-Back -> 5
Bikini -> 5
3 Blind Mice -> 5
Kong -> 4+
Nasties - Upper -> 4+
Forbes -> 4+
Cheerios -> 4+
Rice Crispies -> 4+
Apple Jacks -> 4+
3.9 -> 4+
Elbow Canyon -> 4+
Figure 8 -> 4+
Surprise -> 4+
Fruity Pebbles Bypass -> 4
Got Milk -> 4
Calamity Canyon -> 4
Iceman -> 4
Jake -> 4
Fullsize -> 4
Nasties - Lower -> 4
Moses Hill -> 3+
Dugan's Prospect -> 3+
Polo Peak -> 3
Raspberry Ridge -> 3
Road to Galena -> 3
Lost Gulch -> 3

Last edited by planman; 04-02-2011 at 09:31 AM.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Cool! Is it OK for beginners? I guess I've got a little more experience than a beginner (and I've got most of the stuff that is required to attend, like the tow straps, etc), but I'm not yet confident enough in my ability to tackle higher level trails.

I've never been to South Dakota, so this might be a good excuse to go!
Sure, Pick the trail that works for your equipment and skill level. There really is something up there for everyone. Besides if you don't challenge yourself you'll never get better.

We'll be on the trails wearing 2 (or3) hats. Several of us (T&T crew) are members of the BHJC so we go to have fun but we're "working" too. Both as trail guides/spotters and as mechanics. So we'll either get you through or help you fix it if you don't make it.

Bob

I build stuff...
post #15 of 18 Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Looking forward to this one. But then I look forward to jeeping anywhere. We are staying at the Steel Wheel Campground. Hope to see you guys there.
post #16 of 18 Old 06-14-2011, 04:31 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickdude View Post
Looking forward to this one. But then I look forward to jeeping anywhere. We are staying at the Steel Wheel Campground. Hope to see you guys there.
We'll all be at Steel Wheel by tomorrow night. See you!

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #17 of 18 Old 06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Rock God

Great turnout. More than 50 jeeps.

T&T was a fantastic sponsor. Their crew helped lead or tail-gun most every trail.

Here are a few pics of the fun:

post #18 of 18 Old 06-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

I also had a great time at JC, even though I was only a passenger.

I have quite a few pics of your rig Planman, shoot me a pm with your email and I can send them to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode