AZ: Beginners' Clinic at TM 12/12/10 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

AZ: Beginners' Clinic at TM 12/12/10

This is our annual pre-Jeep 101 clinic to give new Jeepers a general intro to 4-wheeling:

Beginners’ 4wd Clinic
Table Mesa AZ
Free!

Date: Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Meet place: Table Mesa Recreation Area
(I-17 exit #236, west on Table Mesa Rd. Map provided to confirmed participants. )

Vehicle requirements:
• 4L transfer case (if you are not sure, call)
• All tires and spare in good working order

Topics include:
• Basic trail and club etiquette
• Basic preparation
• 2H, 4H, 4L: Which one and why
• Airing down tires: When and how much
• Clearance, articulation, surface traction, and “picking a line”
• Terrain types: sand, rocks and wash-outs—typical AZ backroads.

For new 4-wheelers:
If you want to understand how your Jeep functions on the trail…
If you want to try out some trails, but have hesitated to join a club run…
If you are pretty sure you don’t want any “rock rash” …
This is the course for you!

This is an on-trail clinic—all relevant discussion and questions are encouraged. Scratches and body damage are not likely on the main route, though drivers wishing to take more adventurous options may encounter brush or skid plate contact.

Led by
Nena Barlow of Barlow Jeep Rentals & Sedona Jeep School
Darryl Ranges of Sedona 4wd Solutions

Limit 12 vehicles. Sign-up now!
Email [email protected] with:
1. Your name
2. Your cell phone number
3. Vehicle description: year, model, any modifications

For questions or sign-up contact us at: [email protected] (928) 274-0570
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Clinic flier 2010.pdf (173.1 KB, 111 views)

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very cool of you Nena. I, unfortunatly, work on Sundays or I would have come out to say hello.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Granite Guru

Will we actually be shown how to PROPERLY shift our JK transfer cases and not blame the orange clip when it breaks???

Thanks!!
Joe Daro
Absolute Offroad

07 JK Rubicon with a "few" Mods....and NO!, My ESP light IS NOT ON!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-20-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Yes, but I still will be carrying an extra orange thingy and a white thingy!

Already have 6 spots filled--only 6 left! Hurry if you want to register--we always fill up fast!

Nena Barlow

post #5 of 12 Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

And for those of you that miss the Beginners' Clinic, we have Jeep 101 scheduled for Saturday, January 15 at Florence Jct.--more details to come as they get finalized. FYI, Jeep 101 is geared for rock crawling, whereas this Beginners' Clinic is a more ground-up comprehensive off-pavement introduction.

Nena Barlow

post #6 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

2 spots left!

Nena Barlow

post #7 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Granite Guru

I'm in!

Downloading app now.

2009 JKU. ARB lockers. 4.88 gears. Dana 30 front. Dana 44 rear. 35" tires on factory rims with 1.75" hubcentric spacers.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Okay, we are officially FULL! We do keep a waiting list, because 2-3 folks usually have to cancel before the event, so if you really want in, let me know and I will notify in order of any available spots.

Thank you for a great response! I look forward to another great event!

Nena Barlow

post #9 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Rock God

I need all the wheeling help I can get!

Good on you Nena. These are some fortunate people to get these lessons from you...

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #10 of 12 Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!

That's pretty cool. The wife and I will be out in the area around Christmas time. Anything going on then? Assuming my heep is fixed.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #11 of 12 Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
That's pretty cool. The wife and I will be out in the area around Christmas time. Anything going on then? Assuming my heep is fixed.
Keep me posted. I will be up for a trail ride if you are in the area.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-21-2010, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thanks all who attended! Great day--lots of fun, ooohing, and cheering. Everyone participated with enthusiasm and picked up quickly on the techniques.
Pics by Ken T. on our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=109873980597

Now for rockcrawling 101 next month! 1/15/11 at Table Mesa AZ is our VirtualJeepClub.com annual Wheeling 101: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...=raw+deal+nena

No events planned for Christmas--we are all hopping busy! If nothing else, stop by our shop in Sedona for trail maps and info!

Nena Barlow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode