Just curious - request your feedback - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: If there were a hypothetical, JKO member ride planned,would you be interested?
Sure, I would consider it. 19 67.86%
Heck, no; you think I wanna hang or ride with this bunch of miscreants?! 1 3.57%
Undecided. 2 7.14%
Bacon 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 05-12-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Just curious - request your feedback

I do not want to suggest or insinuate anything . This is simply out of curiosity when I ask you guys and gals if you would even consider attending a ride or event for JKOwners members.

Understand: There are no plans for jack-squat at this time.

No one but me has even considered ANYTHING on the topic , to my knowledge.

Let me repeat; there is truly - at this time- no topic or gathering at all which this pertains-to.

I was simply wondering to myself today if there were to be a ride or get-together planned for Summer or Fall of 2020,would people consider attending and what any of the criteria surrounding something like that might entail (geo-location, logistics, ride, safety, et.al).

This is not in any way sanctioned or related to the management of JKOwners or Pirate4x4 or verticalScope . This is j3ff3ry_j33p asking for your response to such a question only.

If there were a JKOwners gathering - for any reason - in Summer or Fall of 2020 would you consider attending?

What would some of the criteria be that would have to be in-place for you to make such a journey?
What is considered mid-point location-wise?
Is deciding such a thing even viable?

Would it be better suited for a centralized location, East or West coast?

I am just mulling around idears,gang.
Nothing more.

I will admit all the drama and sh*t lately has me sort of wanting some outside-the-box thinking for this place.

Maybe it's just that I sorta feel like someone needs to open a dang window in here, for sure.

As always, i appreciate and will enjoy all responses about this.

mmilburn likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I would consider it, but invalid poll. No bacon option.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 Old 05-12-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
I would consider it, but invalid poll. No bacon option.

dang, I am getting sloppy, huh?
thanks, @Mason !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 05-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Wheeler

Garage

A midpoint geographical location might be hard to achieve but a destination location is definitely achievable...where a place like Moab makes sense even for the east coasters who travel that way in droves every year not just for events like EJS. It provides a change of scenery for most and of course has great off-roading for all classes of OHVs. Basically I知 saying make it close to me so I can show up

I値l be in Moab this coming weekend actually, explored some last year and did Hell痴 Revenge, looking to try some different trails this year and keep building up experience out there. But would really like to fall into a group of local (CO) off-roaders, definitely been pushing my luck going solo out here.
post #5 of 37 Old 05-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

[QUOqTE=j3ff3ry_j33p;4461056]dang, I am getting sloppy, huh?
thanks, @Mason !
[/QUOTE]

I always enjoy keeping leaders of groups accountable to their membership. The Magna Carta says that not even the king is above the law, and I値l hold you to that J3ff. It just means that I care, about you, *no homo* and our fucked up community on here.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

post #6 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 02:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

If I can get the time off I would be down for an adventure.

Guess I better start modifying my stock (outside of diff covers) jeep to keep up with the rest of you. 😎

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #7 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiewest View Post
A midpoint geographical location might be hard to achieve but a destination location is definitely achievable...where a place like Moab makes sense even for the east coasters who travel that way in droves every year not just for events like EJS. It provides a change of scenery for most and of course has great off-roading for all classes of OHVs. Basically I知 saying make it close to me so I can show up

I値l be in Moab this coming weekend actually, explored some last year and did Hell痴 Revenge, looking to try some different trails this year and keep building up experience out there. But would really like to fall into a group of local (CO) off-roaders, definitely been pushing my luck going solo out here.

holy mother of solo-runs, @hokiewest

..and, here I boast about 5 miserably lonely years of wheeling parks & properties around the S.East by myself was some type of thing to be sorta proud over, here you come saying you're hittin' Moab ,Utah solo to take on its known obstacles by yourself?!

I humbly bow to both your abilities and the same stupidity I possess, regardless of the skill or gear for safety , we have if we opt for trying our luck by crawling alone. I don't miss it. Actually , a fellow jko member noticed me going (bitching) about being solo & intro'ed me to his/the best offroad club around my part of the country which changed everything for the better. I got very lucky and am in a great,experienced family of die-hard ,hardcore trailriders that I call family. You gotta find a group to hang and go with.

at any rate, you have my respect ...I devised a fairly cool self spotting camera setup plus carried full recovery and chainsaw/lifesaving crap and even a helmet, but nothing beats a group w/ experience, you're right to seek that out. Maybe ask in here?

coilrod and ndtguy like this.

post #8 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 05:31 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Unless you come to southern Arizona I wouldn't make it. Don't feel like punishing the jeep by driving it to Moab and then home again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 06:37 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'd have to ride bitch, sold my ride to buy concrete.
I'll make sandwiches.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #10 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 07:32 AM
Rock God

The non-existant location for this non-event sounds like a non-starter.
I'd say you've hit the mark.
Where is more of a question than when. I can say yes to just about any date, but I wouldn't drive to Utah...the Appalachians offer plenty enough for this Yankee, for now.
post #11 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 08:41 AM
Random Dude

I was halfway between "would consider" and "undecided", so I defaulted to "bacon"

In theory, it'd be great but, due to limited time off (and other weak excuses), I really doubt I'd do a multi-day road trip for it.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #12 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Rock God

I知 intrigued and would absolutely be interested.
The deciding factor would be location and amount of travel involved.
post #13 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Granite Guru

I think it'd work much better as 2 separate eastern or western u.s. events

怖|||||| 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
Auto / 4.56 Gears / ARB Front, Auburn Ected Rear Locker & LSD / G2 Core 44 35 Spline Axles / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 37" KM3s on Method 105 Beadlocks

Last edited by chitown35; 05-13-2019 at 11:44 AM.
post #14 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post
I think it'd work much better as 2 separate eastern or western u.s. events
I agree.

I'm limited to pretty much the SE corner of the country. It's 11 hours straight North just to get to AOP for me.

If traction picks up on event or no event, maybe a secondary, location poll is in order.

Chase Weston
post #15 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 07:01 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
holy mother of solo-runs, @hokiewest

..and, here I boast about 5 miserably lonely years of wheeling parks & properties around the S.East by myself was some type of thing to be sorta proud over, here you come saying you're hittin' Moab ,Utah solo to take on its known obstacles by yourself?!

I humbly bow to both your abilities and the same stupidity I possess, regardless of the skill or gear for safety , we have if we opt for trying our luck by crawling alone. I don't miss it. Actually , a fellow jko member noticed me going (bitching) about being solo & intro'ed me to his/the best offroad club around my part of the country which changed everything for the better. I got very lucky and am in a great,experienced family of die-hard ,hardcore trailriders that I call family. You gotta find a group to hang and go with.

at any rate, you have my respect ...I devised a fairly cool self spotting camera setup plus carried full recovery and chainsaw/lifesaving crap and even a helmet, but nothing beats a group w/ experience, you're right to seek that out. Maybe ask in here?

Moab is great for stragglers, I was able to tag along with others (even one other that was solo/shared stupidness) hitting the trail on both occasions last year, looking to do the same this weekend. But yes I need to fall into an off-road group so I can stop avoiding the harder trails here in CO.

Dual locations seems to be popular...can probably take a wild stab where my vote would be for the western region ride
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #16 of 37 Old 05-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJK View Post
I agree.

I'm limited to pretty much the SE corner of the country. It's 11 hours straight North just to get to AOP for me.

If traction picks up on event or no event, maybe a secondary, location poll is in order.
I think that AOP would be great for the eastern event as it is 14 hours south for me, and 11 North for you.

I could try to get Matti to commit to a 2020 date, but he will likely bitch out just like every time I try to get him to wheel locally on crown land which is free to ride on.
j3ff3ry_j33p and mmilburn like this.

post #17 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Unless you come to southern Arizona I wouldn't make it. Don't feel like punishing the jeep by driving it to Moab and then home again.

Well, I for one learned how awesome + carefree one can experience trails when you've transported the Jeep to wherever. Sure it's towing a station wagon but it's a stationwagon that I don't have to worry about getting me home anymore. My days of being all about " dual purpose Jeep" went out window w/ my 1st tow to the trailhead ride.

I need to trade my Unlimited for a 2 door....
but I'd tow her out , Gunny.

post #18 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
I'd have to ride bitch, sold my ride to buy concrete.
I'll make sandwiches.
I'd proudly let you ride copilot or,if Cadence we're there back w/ the spare , bud...

coilrod likes this.

post #19 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
I think that AOP would be great for the eastern event as it is 14 hours south for me, and 11 North for you.

I could try to get Matti to commit to a 2020 date, but he will likely bitch out just like every time I try to get him to wheel locally on crown land which is free to ride on.

This , Adventure Off-road Park or Superlift Off Road Park in
Hot Springs ,Ak would be my central of country sggstns.

The only alternative I thought of - for a central location - would be Holy Cross trail system in S.Central Colorado. It maybe too difficult for this type of gathering,tho....

Good feedback so far ...I think this would be cool.

What about a West and East Coast pair of get together , joined by live streams ? Too much , I know ...I dream big and nerdy....

post #20 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJK View Post
I agree.

did not know AOP was that far from you ,dude. Still, if any park is worth that drive time , it'd be AOP...it's the best.

Wolf Caves in Texas is pretty popular but I think that'd be a haul for anyone not in Texas . Even some of them it'd take half a day just to drive across that state it's so vast.

post #21 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
I was halfway between "would consider" and "undecided", so I defaulted to "bacon"

In theory, it'd be great but, due to limited time off (and other weak excuses), I really doubt I'd do a multi-day road trip for it.

Yup.
That's partly ( mostly) why I preceeded the topic with " this is speculative only ..." since THIS subject is our greatest impediment. That's why I figured 2020 or 2021 ; set that far in advance MIGHT make it feasible if we ask for sabaticalsor enough in advance.
We could tell our jobs well in advance that we need to attend a memorial for Wire Nuts departing again or an Angry Red Bird we knew ....

post #22 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 06:09 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
did not know AOP was that far from you ,dude. Still, if any park is worth that drive time , it'd be AOP...it's the best.

Wolf Caves in Texas is pretty popular but I think that'd be a haul for anyone not in Texas . Even some of them it'd take half a day just to drive across that state it's so vast.

Yeah man, it's quite a haul. Par for the course building rock crawlers while living in South Florida though. Chocco in Alabama is pretty fun as well and has a nice camp field at the base but AOP is like a ramped up version of it. I consider both of them playgrounds of trails and obstacles. Versus all day trails that I hear about at windrock (never been).

Either way, will be a cool undertaking if successful.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Chase Weston
post #23 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:

Well, I for one learned how awesome + carefree one can experience trails when you've transported the Jeep to wherever. Sure it's towing a station wagon but it's a stationwagon that I don't have to worry about getting me home anymore. My days of being all about " dual purpose Jeep" went out window w/ my 1st tow to the trailhead ride.

I need to trade my Unlimited for a 2 door....
but I'd tow her out , Gunny.

I decided years ago that the jeep would stay in southern Arizona for the trails. In turn that got me my first challenger which in turn got me my hellcat so I am content with staying local.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #24 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I decided years ago that the jeep would stay in southern Arizona for the trails. In turn that got me my first challenger which in turn got me my hellcat so I am content with staying local.

of course, you clearly see the logical next course-of-action for you; it is right before our eyes.

So, the Hellcat power-plant will be going in the JK when?

coilrod likes this.

post #25 of 37 Old 05-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
of course, you clearly see the logical next course-of-action for you; it is right before our eyes.

So, the Hellcat power-plant will be going in the JK when?

I do know someone who knows about that Molotov cocktail thing. Filling out the police report saying damm all they took was the motor and transmission, that is odd. Doing a burnout as I leave the scene.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode