URE this weekend? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

URE this weekend?

I was heading there this weekend and was wondering if anyone was going to be there. I need some lessons. I am trying to get there Sat the 8th midmorning. So if you see some guy looking at a pile of rocks, scratching his head while 2 budys in the back tell him he is beeing chicken.... that's probably me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Gamecocks vs Bama.
Sorry ill be at the game

Youll have a blast though

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #3 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChongoSean View Post
I was heading there this weekend and was wondering if anyone was going to be there. I need some lessons. I am trying to get there Sat the 8th midmorning. So if you see some guy looking at a pile of rocks, scratching his head while 2 budys in the back tell him he is beeing chicken.... that's probably me.
The Jeep club I'm in from Virginia Beach is going. I think there's about 15 vehicles going, a mix of TJs, JKs, and I think a few WJs. There will be folks with stockers going off-road for the first time in our group, so you won't be the only one scratching your head.

Are you camping out down there? We'll be at the Arrowhead campground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Not going to camp, just going for the day, but I will look out for you guys.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Cool, we're probably easy to spot, the majority of folks will have VA license plates.

URE's a lot of fun, I hope you have a good time!

If you haven't already seen it, this trail map is pretty cool:
http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif
post #6 of 10 Old 10-09-2010, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well, I had to change plans. I had to go Friday or not at all. I am pretty amayzed at my little Jeep. I didn't do anything crazy because I was by my self, but I did go up that hill climb on Dutch John. Just how steep of a hill can a Jeep take? I was wrapped around my steering wheel like a cat over a bathtub. But I threw it in 4low and it climbed right up. Can't wait to go back with a group to have fun with.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChongoSean View Post
Well, I had to change plans. I had to go Friday or not at all. I am pretty amayzed at my little Jeep. I didn't do anything crazy because I was by my self, but I did go up that hill climb on Dutch John. Just how steep of a hill can a Jeep take? I was wrapped around my steering wheel like a cat over a bathtub. But I threw it in 4low and it climbed right up. Can't wait to go back with a group to have fun with.
Hahaha, yeah the Cattle Chute part of Dutch John is a trip, huh?

Uwharrie wasn't nice to a few of the JKs on our trip. The mud pit at the end of Falls Damn ate one guy's starter, another guy started spewing transmission fluid when he got up on that posing rock on Slab Pile, and my power steering took a two hour break after I went through a mud pit. Everyone got all fixed up, and it was an awesome trip.

Def. see if you can finagle a group to go with next time. You're amazed with what your JK can do now, but when you have some experienced folks spotting you through some of the harder stuff you'd never want to do solo, you'll REALLY be amazed at what your JK can do!
post #8 of 10 Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
Hahaha, yeah the Cattle Chute part of Dutch John is a trip, huh?
Hey.. Got any pics.. I have been to Uwharrie so many times and I need to replace a few faded stickers..

How's Slab Pile and Rocky Mtn Loop? My buddy and I have done Falls Dam, Wolf's Den and Dickey Bell so much we could almost drive it blind folded.. Forward and Backwards.. Doesn't matter.. Just looking to expand some but nothing crazy...

And you are right about the JK.. I have a Rubicon and I have yet to use my lockers.. And the hill climb at Dickey Bell isn't for wusses.. Lots of loose rock.. It just climbed it.. I could feel the BLD kick in a few times..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.

Last edited by benmar2000; 10-14-2010 at 07:41 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I don't have any decent pictures of the Cattle Chute, just people popping out of the top, which isn't much to see.

Hey, if you guys can do Daniel backwards while blindfolded, ... I'd pay to see that. I did end up using my lockers once or twice on that big hill climb. Generally after two or three bumps, if I can't get over it, I'll lock the rear. I wheel in a club and don't want to be "that guy" that sits there spinning on the same damn thing for 15 minutes while 10 Jeeps wait behind him. Dickie Bell, I took the left-most way up and it climbed fine without lockers (which really pissed off some of the TJ guys that love to make fun of the JKs).

Last edited by aristobrat; 10-14-2010 at 07:48 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
I don't have any decent pictures of the Cattle Chute, just people popping out of the top, which isn't much to see.

Hey, if you guys can do Daniel backwards while blindfolded, ... I'd pay to see that. I did end up using my lockers once or twice on that big hill climb. Generally after two or three bumps, if I can't get over it, I'll lock the rear. I wheel in a club and don't want to be "that guy" that sits there spinning on the same damn thing for 15 minutes while 10 Jeeps wait behind him. Dickie Bell, I took the left-most way up and it climbed fine without lockers (which really pissed off some of the TJ guys that love to make fun of the JKs).
There were 2 Full size Jeeps that couldn't climb it.. A J10 and an old Wagoneer.. The J10 had to be winched because of the carbs.. They pulled over at the top... They watched us climb that hill like it was nothing..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode