Clayton OKLAHOMA Columbus Day weekend - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Clayton OKLAHOMA Columbus Day weekend

Any interest???

Directions from Hwy 75 (North Dallas area)

=There are 3 ways to go. This way is the quickest from Dallas no matter what mapquest says.
I prefer hwy 75 to just past Atoka. Right on 43 at Stringtown. You will pass through Daisy and continue till you come to a stop sign at the dam on Sardis lake. At the stop sign go straight. This is a short cut into Clayton. You will come out in town next to the liquor shack(yes storage building that sells liquor) Turn left to the Sardis motel.Turn right to the AA,Annex,Sheel,Clayton country inn and State park. The AA and Annex will be on the right and left along with the Bulldog Resturaunt on the right. The Shell is on the south end of town. Continue on 271 out of town. Once you cross the river look on the left and that is the Clayton country inn. From town 5 miles south will be at Clayton State park.
=The other option is hwy 75 to Atoka. Turn right on 3. Take 3 to Antlers. Just past the turnpike you can take hwy 2. This will dump you out at 271 just before the Shell. Turn right for the Clayton country inn and The state park.
=The other option is hwy 75 to Atoka,3 to Antlers and follow 271 up to the state park. The 1st 2 options are close in time. The 3rd will take a little longer. once you start heading east the view gets better on all of these.
=Hwy 75 to Durant to hwy 70 to 271 is by far the prettiest drive but takes 45-60 minutes longer

Visual,zoom out once and you will see Atoka and Clayton

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Atoka&state=OK

Clayton Information:
CLAYTON HOTELS/CAMPING

Hotels/Motels
(in order of distance)

A&A Motel 918-569-4101
Downtown Clayton

K-Country Lodge Number Unknown
Downtown Clayton

Sardis Inn Call A&A
Downtown Clayton

Shady Acre Motel

Downtown Clayton

Clayton Country Inn 918-569-4165
3 miles south of Clayton

Minnetonka Christain Camp 918-569-7856
3 miles south of Clayton

Gee's Cabins 918-569-7648
About 5 miles north of Clayton proper - closer to Frieling's if going up there

Sardis Lake Cabins 918-755-4585 About 5 miles north of Clayton - also closer to Frieling's The store next door is 918-569-4667

Sportsman's Lodge 918-569-4751
10 miles north of Clayton

A-OK Motel 508-298-3394
32 miles south of Clayton

Kiamichi Inn 918-567-2243
Lazy K Inn 918-567-2162

Camping
(in order of distance)

Clayton Country Inn 918-569-4165
3 miles south of Clayton
RV and tent with showers

Clayton Lake State Park 918-569-7981
7 miles south of Clayton
RV and tent with showers

Park pictures

http://www.oklahomaresorts.com/photo...park=1+5U+3588

Park website

http://www.oklahomaresorts.com/detail.asp?id=1+5U+3588

Yanush Store 918-522-4353
10 miles north of Clayton
================================================== =====

TRAIL DESCRIPTIONS

Green Acres Area
Wet n Wild (5):As the name implies this trail starts off fast and furious in a creek and provides lots of excitement.

Jeff's Ledges (5): Continues up the same creek where Wet n Wild leaves off and has several ledges.

Fence Line (3): A sweet little trail with some off camber hills ending in a sandy creek.

Black Sheep Blvd (X): Though the name implies it is a road, this is far from it. Only the strong will survive this one created by the Black Sheep!

8-point (4): Hold on tight and keep your hands and feet in the vehicle at all times. This trail is very technical with severe off cambers...pucker up!

Waterfall (4): A short trail up a couple of waterfalls, the action can be viewed from Walter's Mule Road.

Green Mamba (5+): A thrilling ride through creeks reminiscent of Snake Pit, some say it is even better!

Three Trail (4): A three trail rated a 4? Yes, this trail climbs up several fairly significant ledges on the way to the top of the mountain.

Watk in the Park (5): It is recommended that you have a winch to run this trail, although the trail sign has a slightly different spelling.

Cakewalk (5): The trail has two sections each of which provide some technical challenges.

Walter's Mule Road (3): This is the main road through the new property that hooks up with the roads to the fire tower and caves.

New Trail (2): This fairly mild trail follows an old fire access road

Van Alstvne Jeeps in Action (5): Running from the top of the mountain through a creek at the bottom and back up, this trail has numerous off camber turns and lots of excitement.

Back Side Loop (3 or 4): Begins at the top of the
mountain and goes to the bottom. A right at the Y begins a level 4 trail, a left begins a level 3 trail.

Slim's Slope (X): Not for the weak of heart, this trail can start in the middle and it is tough, start from the bottom and it is nuts.

Green Mamba Extension (X): A much more intense extension of the already difficult Green Mamba. Thrills are guaranteed.

Directions to Mr. Freilings

Mr. Frieling’s ORV Park is located about 15 miles north of Clayton.The last known cost(Verified Aug 2009) was $10 a day to 4-wheel. Take highway 2 north, turn right on highway 63, go approximately 1 mile to the first available left (north) (Cardinal Rd), make the next first available left (west)(Songbird or SE220), then make your first available right (Songbird LP or SE 1035th). This road turns to gravel. Follow it to a white gate with a white sign that says Mr. Frieling’s 4X4. You’ll enter here and drive to the gas pump and pay $10. There is plenty of parking at the top of the hill. Most of the trails are named and rated so you’ll know the difficulty of the trail before you enter. For more information on Mr. Frieling’s ORV Park you can call him at: 918-522-4244. you will need a gate code for the padlock !

================================================== =====

Sign-up Sheet:
Easy:

Medium:

Hard:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by maverick; 09-21-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

YouTube - KevinClayton

Last edited by maverick; 09-21-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

post #5 of 5 Old 10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I am going to clayton in the near future. Damn, the list is long.

As for you JKLM 45, fuck off and go sell that shit somewhere else.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode