Jk experience - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Jk experience

Me and rdy4ks are out in Cody Wyoming for jk experience we start wheeling tomorrow
Discount tire is doing a life feed if anyone is Interested in catching some of the action

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jk-experience-2010

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 09-05-2010, 09:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for the info. I will try to check it out.
post #3 of 29 Old 09-07-2010, 07:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Say hi to the mulleted North Korean and his cronies for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
JKO Addict!

I don't want to be rude, but doesn't everyone on that run, have to use cheater slicks for tires???

I couldn't have attended this particular run, because I have mud terrains...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by cruzcode; 09-07-2010 at 11:14 PM.
post #5 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
I don't want to be rude, but doesn't everyone on that run, have to use cheater slicks for tires???

RC
I dont' think so. I think I saw some Goodyear MTR's and Some Nitto's on a few rigs.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #6 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Say hi to the mulleted North Korean and his cronies for me
Out of curiosity, my wife and I drove to Red Lodge for dinner Monday night to see their group and watch the sunset from the top of the Beartooth Pass.

None of the JKF moderators or Eddie are part of the event.

We did see 2 or 3 EVO rigs, the magazine Con Artist rig, Falken, PSC, Dynomax, Discount Tire, and maybe another 1 or 2 sponsor rigs.

The rest were all 4 door JKs on 37s to 42s from all over the country--nearly all of them running EVO suspensions and/or armor.

I think there were a total of about 17 rigs that we could see.

They did the Morrison Jeep Trail on Monday. Yesterday, they wheeled on a private ranch outside of Winnett. Today they are driving to West Yellowstone. They will do some trails in or around Ennis. Then they finish off by leaving Montana and going to St. Anthony, Idaho, to play in the sand dunes.

Here is a pic from Discount Tire's twitter page:

Last edited by planman; 09-08-2010 at 09:03 AM.
post #7 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
I dont' think so. I think I saw some Goodyear MTR's and Some Nitto's on a few rigs.
I believe they are got changed to Falken tires for the run

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #8 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

have a great time nick! take some pics
post #9 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Garage

All I can say is "I wish I was there!"

Here is the FB page for the JK Experience.. Mel has been posting pics to it..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JK-Exp...?v=wall&ref=ts

And No, I don't think they made them run Falken tires.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #10 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

RC
About 7 of us are running the falkens
And the rest are running km2s crawlers and nittos mtrs
And the falkens have owned all on the rocks
So say what u want about them
I bet u wouldnt have made it though half the stuff the falkens have
I'll post the pics when I get back next week, but falkens have gripped where mtrs, and nittos and km2s slid

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #11 of 29 Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
About 7 of us are running the falkens
And the rest are running km2s crawlers and nittos mtrs
And the falkens have owned all on the rocks
So say what u want about them
I'll post the pics when I get back next week, but falkens have gripped where mtrs, and nittos and km2s slid

I was just horsing around... Good for you, I'm glad the Falkens worked out for you. Every tire has advantages and disadvantages. But, whether or not I would have made it through is not likely to be determined by my tire choice, that I can promise...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #12 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Granite Guru

Good thing RDY4RKS was there with his MTR's to pull out someone whose Falkens got them stuck....
post #13 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN View Post
Good thing RDY4RKS was there with his MTR's to pull out someone whose Falkens got them stuck....
And where were you chris?

post #14 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Oh yea not there
Btw he Also pulled out Randy on 42 mtrs who also has a 6.1 hemi

post #15 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN View Post
good thing he had a hemi so he could clear those racing slicks! and it's good he didn't get stuck! woulda needed someone there with some swampers!

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #16 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Oh yea not there
Btw he Also pulled out Randy on 42 mtrs who also has a 6.1 hemi
I was driving when we had to pull Randy out. I hope the Falken crew got it on video. From what I was told Randy pretty much launched out of the mud.

For those of you who want to joke about the Falken tire's abilities, go ahead. Seeing them in action made me a believer. No, they aren't as aggressive as a MT, but they did a damn fine job on all of the terrain that we encountered. Falken is currently working on a MT, and if they are as good as the AT's, I'll be picking up a set for my JK.

Nick and I also got to see the new ATX wheels that Hitmoney has on his rig, and they are nice! My shopping list has changed considerably after this trip, and the ATX's are now on it.

I still have to go through all of the pics that I took on the trip, but will get some up here at some point.

Nick, I had a great time with you and Jen out there. I look forward to our next trip together.

JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
So someone thinks RDY4RKS' 6.1 hemi, solid axle, arb'd, atlas'd, long arm'd, 42'd jeep is cookie cutter? Fuck it. Im going outside and burning mine to dust. There is no hope.
post #17 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
good thing he had a hemi so he could clear those racing slicks! and it's good he didn't get stuck! woulda needed someone there with some swampers!
Clearing the tires is part of the fun. There's nothing like someone telling you to run it hard for another lap to clear out the treads!

JD

Quote:
So someone thinks RDY4RKS' 6.1 hemi, solid axle, arb'd, atlas'd, long arm'd, 42'd jeep is cookie cutter? Fuck it. Im going outside and burning mine to dust. There is no hope.
post #18 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Justin all 4 tires were off the ground!
I'm pretty sure the caught it on video
We had a blast with you guys
Let me know when ur headed out
Looks like rock run oct 1
Rausch for crawl for the cure the 24th, and black Friday
Yea my shopping list has changed and gotten longer lol
Btw jen and I are still driving 114 miles to go

post #19 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
I was driving when we had to pull Randy out. I hope the Falken crew got it on video. From what I was told Randy pretty much launched out of the mud.

For those of you who want to joke about the Falken tire's abilities, go ahead. Seeing them in action made me a believer. No, they aren't as aggressive as a MT, but they did a damn fine job on all of the terrain that we encountered. Falken is currently working on a MT, and if they are as good as the AT's, I'll be picking up a set for my JK.

Nick and I also got to see the new ATX wheels that Hitmoney has on his rig, and they are nice! My shopping list has changed considerably after this trip, and the ATX's are now on it.

I still have to go through all of the pics that I took on the trip, but will get some up here at some point.

Nick, I had a great time with you and Jen out there. I look forward to our next trip together.

JD
Quote:
Clearing the tires is part of the fun. There's nothing like someone telling you to run it hard for another lap to clear out the treads!

JD
i'm not hating on the falkens. i'm the guy that posted the pics of them in the mudpit at jeepfest! they made our KM2's look silly getting out of the pit.

Quote:
Justin all 4 tires were off the ground!
I'm pretty sure the caught it on video
We had a blast with you guys
Let me know when ur headed out
Looks like rock run oct 1
Rausch for crawl for the cure the 24th, and black Friday
Yea my shopping list has changed and gotten longer lol
Btw jen and I are still driving 114 miles to go
Garage door should be back on in the next 2 weeks so we'll have somewhere to work on it again without pissing off all my neighbors!!! we just have to set aside enough time to get kim's done for our trip next year!

post #20 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
i'm not hating on the falkens. i'm the guy that posted the pics of them in the mudpit at jeepfest! they made our KM2's look silly getting out of the pit.
I know who you are - we had a few beers at the Tata run - I'm the tall bald guy who was sitting on your trailer.

Get your work done - we need to get back out again. The JK Experience was a blast, but it's not the same when you aren't wheeling your own Jeep. The fact that I was driving RDY4RKS made that fact that I wasn't in mine a little easier.

Quote:
post #21 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I know who you are - we had a few beers at the Tata run - I'm the tall bald guy who was sitting on your trailer.

Get your work done - we need to get back out again. The JK Experience was a blast, but it's not the same when you aren't wheeling your own Jeep. The fact that I was driving RDY4RKS made that fact that I wasn't in mine a little easier.
oh mine's good to go lol. it's on the trailer and i even got a top and doors on it now! i was out this weekend and crawl magazine covered the event. they took my info and supposedly i'll be in the december issue not as dope as JKE but hey, i'll take what i can get we need to wheel again sometime soon.... maybe oct 2???

wifey's goes under the knife this winter

post #22 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Thats some funny shit there

Let me guess, you got a set of fulckins?
post #23 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Thats some funny shit there

Let me guess, you got a set of fulckins?
I do have a set of falkens
What of it? Just drove 5000 miles on them in 10 days
Wouldn't want to do that on a set of iroks

post #24 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I might be intrested in them if they came in bigger sizes......37 isnt big enough anymore.
post #25 of 29 Old 09-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Wheeler

JKX

I was one of the private rigs (yellow unlimited with half doors). Never met Mel or anyone from EVO before Cody. I was never asked to run The Falkens. I ran KM2s. We did a little of everything - slick rock, wet granite, mud, sand, dirt, gravel, pavement. The Falkens were more than a little impressive. I still prefer larger side lugs (i.e., M/T's), but I can tell you those Falkens went everywhere and did it very well. One thing I really like is that their 37's are much closer to a true 37" diameter than my BFG's. I could immediately see they are a taller tire. Falken did give away a set before the trip and I wish I would have won them.

2008 JK Yellow Rubicon Unlimited, half doors, PitBull Rocker 37" tires, ATX slab beadlocks, 5.38 gearing, Woods shafts, Teraflex 60 axles front (ARB locker) & rear (Detroit), Poly Performance full skids, Warn Powerplant, King shocks, Teraflex bumpstops, Tuffy security drawer & glove box, AEV snorkel, custom tire carrier, best-top customized bumpers w/rollers, dual battery system, MaxEnergy, etc., etc.

Last edited by WilliamWaddy; 09-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode