AZ wheeling oppertunity 4th of july - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-28-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Cool AZ wheeling oppertunity 4th of july

Hey yall(ladies and gents)

Date- July 1st-7th

Location- Tucson AZ

Wife and i are going to be making a trio to tucson AZ in july(1st-7th) to visit friends and see the area again. This will be our first trip back since i got out of the military, first trip back with our jeep, and first trip for our daughter.

While were there we were going to go with some of our friends that have a jeep and gonna hit some trails. We want to do mainly mild trails that are fun since this will be my wife and daughters first trail run and its the wifes jeep as a DD(cant go tearing it up just yet).

Wanted to see if any folks in or around the tucson area wanted to hit the trails with us so we can meet folks off the forum and just have a general good time.

We plan to run charouleau gap, back side of Mt. Lemmon over the top(stop for a lunch BBQ) back down the front, anything over reddington pass, ect. Want to try as many trails as we can, figure a trail a day.

If anyone can make it or have suggestions of trails we would love to meet yall and hear of anything good to wheel.

15 JKU sport- 17x9 rufino nitros, 265 hankooks, a few doodads inside and out, MOPAR 4", fox remote res shocks, fox dampner, the list will go on.

97 f350- work horse

Last edited by H-3612; 02-28-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Man unless you are going to run super early in the morning, it sucks to be out wheeling in the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-28-2017, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hahaha i agree, the plan is to try and start the runs early in the day so we stay out of the main heat near 3-4 o clock.

We lived in tucson for 6 years and are fine with the heat but we would like to keep it earlier for our daughter and the other kiddos.

Will have plenty of fresh water with us in a few coolers as well.

15 JKU sport- 17x9 rufino nitros, 265 hankooks, a few doodads inside and out, MOPAR 4", fox remote res shocks, fox dampner, the list will go on.

97 f350- work horse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

chimney rock trail is an easy trail that you can run in about 4 hours, this doesn't account for the time getting to the trail or back off the trail which is about 45 minutes to trail head and 30 minutes to get back to civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode