HEADED OUT TO MOAB FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEK! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

HEADED OUT TO MOAB FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEK!

We're pulling out tonight about 7 headed for Moab again.

Plan to wheel Saturday-Friday, 7 awesome days!

We have a big group Sat-Sun-Mon, and a small group Tues-Friday.

Post up if you're in the area and can do the 6/7+ trails and want to join Tues-Fri.

We'll be at the Rotary BBQ Friday night, and Moab brewery a lot of other nights. lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Garage

I hate you.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #3 of 31 Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I hate you.
"Bring it" after Fridays weigh in! lol.

You should hear the trails we're doing. Pm on the way.

And cause we missed EJS!

Next year get a 4 car wedge trailer, and I'll drive it out, and you can fly in for 4 more days of wheeling! I think that little truck can handle it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 05-28-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

We made it in about 11Am today.

Went on a late afternoon warm up ride to Mashed Potato and the Gravy Bowl, and Droopy's Crack or something like that??

post #5 of 31 Old 05-29-2010, 05:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I hate you.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Strange seeing that hole without water. Keep the pics coming!
post #6 of 31 Old 05-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I hate you.
x3. Don't rub in all the fun you're having.

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
post #7 of 31 Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
x2

Strange seeing that hole without water. Keep the pics coming!
Or snow!

I still hate you Slippery.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #8 of 31 Old 05-31-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Or snow!

I still hate you Slippery.
Man I'm feelin the love! lol

So Friday we did Mashed Potato and the gravy Bowl

Saturday was Pritchett Canyon/Hunter Canyon/Golden Spike with White Knuckle UP

Sunday was Gold Bar to Rusty Nail and out Gold Bar,

And today, I helped some guys we don't know that broke down on Rusty Nail by getting up at 4AM and driving them out to their Jeep before Sunrise all the way to the end of Gold Bar at the overlook,
dropping off 1 of our group with batteries at his broken down jeep on the way,
then meeting the group at 9Am for a quick up and down Moab Rim, and then off to Heels Revenge. The gate is no problem, but escalator kicked my ARSE!!

Pictures to come.

Tomorrow is Cliffhanger early, and then 3 easier/more scenic trails with some other guys we know here.

ONE OF THE MANY OBSTACLES ON PRITCHETT CANYON

ROCK PILE ON PRITCHETT

WHITE KNUCKLE ON BEHIND THE ROCKS

Last edited by Slippery; 05-31-2010 at 05:49 PM.
post #9 of 31 Old 05-31-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

THE CRACK:

SAMI ON DOUBLE WHAMMY

TWO WACKADOOS:

GROUP AT THE OVERLOOK:

My photos are all here, day by day:

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...n/Moab%202010/

post #10 of 31 Old 05-31-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rusty Nail to Gold Bar:

post #11 of 31 Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post

Eyeballing White Knuckle before u go up it is one intimidating son of a bitch! At least for this Florida boy! Great pics Slippery!
post #12 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 02:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
Eyeballing White Knuckle before u go up it is one intimidating son of a bitch! At least for this Florida boy! Great pics Slippery!
Try dropping down it in a TJ..... There is a reason for its name....yet its still one of my favorite spots.

/

post #13 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Try dropping down it in a TJ..... There is a reason for its name....yet its still one of my favorite spots.

Yeah, did that last year:

post #14 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

AWESOME PICS!!! I HEAR MOAB A CALLIN!! And that crack reminds me of my wife's cleavage I'm a lucky man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
post #15 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Rock God

great shots!, thanks for postin oh , i also hate you bigtime!

In 2009 a crack commando wheelin' unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the South Florida underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as wheelers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help. And if you can find them. Maybe you can wheel with The 50/50 Off-Road Team.
post #16 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Granite Guru

Great pics slippery! Gonna head up that way next week and do a little camping. Have to keep the wheelin mild though. Taking the wife and kids.
post #17 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Damn, I can't get away from these pictures. I've been avoiding them over on GATR as much as I can, but now they're here too.

I was supposed to be driving the other red JK that you won't find in any of the pictures thanks to my wreck a few weeks back. Gonna have to find a way out there later in the summer now.
post #18 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Ipe
Rock God

Great pictures and it looks like you're having an awesome time.... luck bastards!

Last time I was in Moab was 2007. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out there again next year... hopefully.

post #19 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

What a day! Carnage!

post #20 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Damn, awesome pics! How many from GATR made the trip? Is the yellow TJ on 35's? Those 40's and wheelbase make the crack look easy! Keep the pics coming...

2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4D Silver, 4" Superlift
35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, Summit Racing 15" wheels
Smittybilt XRC front bumper with XRC8 Syn

96 XJ, 8"lift, 36" Swampers, 8.8 detroit rear, lots of other mods
post #21 of 31 Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Last edited by Slippery; 06-02-2010 at 09:24 PM.
post #22 of 31 Old 06-02-2010, 05:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone303 View Post
Is the yellow TJ on 35's?
Ben is running 33's on the yellow TJ, but he is one of the best drivers I know. He can do a lot on 33's.
post #23 of 31 Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Escalator! lol.

post #24 of 31 Old 06-11-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Got my buddy too:

post #25 of 31 Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

YouTube - Doug in Mickey's Hot Tub Moab Utah GA Trail Riders

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode